• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The past weekend and this week has consisted of getting the house ready for Thanksgiving guests (arriving Weds night and staying through Friday) along with some last minute shopping for the big day. Whew. We about got er done.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well , good thing I pressure /vac tested the 026 . Wouldn’t even build pressure ,or vacuum ,let alone hold it . Hole in the impulse line ,and the guy that changed the Piston and cylinder reused the old base gasket ,which didn’t seal when it was reassembled . Pretty sure the impulse took out the original P&C . Kind of fortunate the thing didn’t run right after the “tech “ “ repaired “it . Wouldn’t have made a tank before frying up . Tomorrow is run dowm to MotherStihl’s parts place day !
I have the Stihl 025. Just had it to the shop for a tune up. For the first time in 19yrs it would die while I was using it. A tune up and a new carb got me back in business. Great little saws.
Next week I'm planning to buy a slightly bigger one that my local Stihl dealer has marked down $80. So it's $299 instead of $379. :thumb: Sale ends Nov 30th so I best act soon.

Gunsrus

I am currently celebrating the arrival of X-Men: The Complete Collection. From the First Class to the Apocalypse, I now have all the X-Men film to date, save for Logan, which I thought was absolutely horrible shit to say the very least. I almost got the luxury to obtain the digital copies too, but a fucked up international law prevented me from redeeming the codes.

Doesn't matter. I got the discs. That's what really counts in the end. They're all in good condition. Tomorrow, I attend first class. LOL. :clap:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Put up 10 strings of outdoor Christmas lights in the trees. 10 more strings to go. Took a desk downstairs and replaced it with an artificial Christmas tree. 10' tall. And too damn heavy. I think next year I'll be replacing this tree with one that weighs less (assuming the lovely Mrs Bob allows it). Lifting the top half into the bottom half to assemble it took way too much effort.

And simultaneously tracking one of my high school fencers who is competing in 2 days of of a national USFA fencing competitions down in Peoria, IL. She picked up a 7th place medal in the Midwest RJCC/ROC Region 2, Div 2 Senior Women's Saber event tonight. Tomorrow she competes in the more competitive Junior Women's Saber event so it will be interesting to see how she does.

A friend of mine is at the same event, he's competing in the Men's Epee and Saber events and I've asked him to act as my high school girl's "strip coach" if his event does not take place concurrently with her event. I'd love to have him come and be a guest coach for our school but his work schedule conflicts with our practice times.

Attachments

• cEBH8m1sRF+ZtD9bnQBHzA.jpg
    cEBH8m1sRF+ZtD9bnQBHzA.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 56
  • imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 56

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Resting today in preparation for a crazy day tomorrow. Wife will be gone half the day. Meanwhile I'm home with 5 of 6 kids. At 10:30 I have to be a half hour outside the city to drop off two kids at a daytime scout camp. Meanwhile another one gets picked up for a visit at the same time in town. He gets back after 1 just after another goes for an afternoon visit. Then I'm at the church at 3:30 to set up and play the 5pm service. After take down following the service I have to rush back home in time for one of the kids to be dropped off at 6. Then I'm back out to the scout camp to pick up the two kids dropped off in the morning.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melen was going back to law school, started her car, sounded funny. Made her switch cars and take my SUV. Took her car for a test drive. It died in the middle of an intersection and would not restart. Had it towed into the shop. Fun morning.

Made Turkey Noodle Soup in the crock pot.

Following the hometown high school football game. Championship is today. Game is tied 7-7 with 3 minutes to go. Opposing team has the ball.

Uh, 2 minutes to go. Opposing team just scored. 14-7. Not looking good.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1 minute to play, Lowell made a couple long passes. Now has the ball on the opposing team's 23 yard line.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pass interception ... EC has the ball.

Barring a miracle the game is over. First defeat for Lowell this season.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dental surgery for one of the kiddies.
Poor kid. Had the fragments of 7 teeth pulled that were scattered throughout his gums. His top adult teeth came in straight in the front but instead of losing the baby teeth, they pushed upward and were basically pointing straight forward stuck in the gums. Because they were no longer attached to the roots, they were basically rotting in his mouth. Glad that's fixed now.
7a5190a900e9669425f6962229e09f1e.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
my goal is to eat solid food, been fighting a stomach flu since Saturday

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I've had a 1/2 of a granola bar, about a 1/3 a cup of coffee, some water and a couple healthy chugs of Pepto Bismol so far. Not going as well as I had hoped. Was thinking I'd be hungry today. Nope.

Worst part is that I have fencing practice today with a top ranked guest coach coming in to lead the practice and I'm supposed to take him to dinner after practice. Not sure how that will happen. My co-coach may have to step in and take him out to dinner. I think I can muster going to practice to video the session but really doubt I can manage to sit through dinner.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully you feel better today Bob.

I've been experiencing all kinds of hurt the past few weeks. The CRPS which was localized to just my foot and sometimes leg has now travelled to other areas making it very painful. Here's my best analogy of how it feels. Imagine that your foot was like a freshly popped blister. And every time you bend it the skin feels like it's cracking.

That's just the skin. It also affects the joints. Every step I take, my ankle and hip feel like a hammer is hitting directly on the bones. Back to the skin. It's now travelled to other areas going up the back of my legs and across my butt making it feel like a cheese grater going across my butt every time I sit. I don't wish this on anyone.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a fun sinus cold for about a week, but the fireplace and the airforce are done

Attachments

• 15123230006091218590525.jpg
    15123230006091218590525.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 82

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This isn't about today. Today is Sunday and that means football unless I get bored and head outside to do something.

Yesterday, I rang the bells for the Salvation Army at our local Walmart for a few hours. I've done it for the past 20 years but this year was a little different. For the past several years we've collected loose change and dollar bills .... lots of dollar bills. This year people were putting $5, $10 and even $20 bills in to the kettle. They're obviously feeling better about things than they have been for quite a while. It always amazes me to see who actually donates money. It's not the people that you'd expect.

Later in the afternoon I dug out my 2 generators and ran them for a couple of hours with a 3kW load on them. Everything was just dandy, worked good. The fanatics always say that you should exercise your generators once a month. Me??? I do it every 3 or 4 months and I've never had a problem and one of my generators is 18 years old.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've done the salvation army kettle last year. It was alright. I may sign up again this year to do it when they ask at our church. Speaking of church. I just got home from the 10am service. We had 2 baptisms today. One was a nice young lady from India who is here for school. Next weekend she will be confirmed along with 4 others including my son. My band "the ambassadors" will be playing the service as we do all Saturday services.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually yesterday. Tried fixing the exhaust on my truck. It suddenly started leaking right at that funky flange connector between the catalytic converter and exhaust pipe. A quick inspection proved to me I was way out of my league. The flanges both looked not so good so off to an exhaust shop to get a new exhaust pipe and a new flange welded on the CC.

Can't have a leaking exhaust under the cab ever, but this time of year makes it even worse. Didn't feel like gassing myself with a good dose of CO while sitting at a stop light. I need all the few remaining brain cells I have left. :w00t2:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Up early, -23 below zero so I fed the fires, fed the dog and made a loaf of banana bread. Had two slices. Now it is -4 and snowing so time for a nap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Winter carnival at our kids boys and girls club down the street. Whole bunch of indoor and outdoor activities for the kids. It finally warmed up to -15 Celsius today but windchill brings it back down to -35. Clear skies here but less than 100 miles away there are snow squalls strong enough to cause whiteout conditions and close the highways. Again, this isn't like in the states where there are other options to get around. We have exactly 2 main highways crossing northern Ontario joining the east end of the country to the west. And they are goat trails at best. Shut them down due to weather and you've essentially cut the country in half.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Another sub 20 below morning but supposed to warm up to above zero today for the first time since Wednesday. That will be nice. Suppose I should break out the Bermuda shorts. :yum: Sun is shining too. Wow.

Wife's car has that stupid TPMS light on because of the temps I would assume so need to check that out. I sure am glad my truck does not have that TPMS crap. It was designed for lazy people that can't be bothered to monitor their tire pressure from time to time. Rant over. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Winter carnival at our kids boys and girls club down the street. Whole bunch of indoor and outdoor activities for the kids. It finally warmed up to -15 Celsius today but windchill brings it back down to -35. Clear skies here but less than 100 miles away there are snow squalls strong enough to cause whiteout conditions and close the highways. Again, this isn't like in the states where there are other options to get around. We have exactly 2 main highways crossing northern Ontario joining the east end of the country to the west. And they are goat trails at best. Shut them down due to weather and you've essentially cut the country in half.
Here's some insight into the road conditions here. We have hwy 11 and 17 coming in from the east and merging at nipigon Ontario. This picture is of the ONLY road joining the two halves of the country. The road is like this for 100kms. It doesn't help that we've been in a deep freeze for over a week with windchill factors of more than -40 Celsius.
b061044b58d1eb6269a5752757d9fb15.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like a good time to pull a sled behind you. :thumb:

We got some of the white stuff last night. Still coming down, but very light. 25F so it's not so cold. Will have to go out and play in snow in a bit.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
down here in Texas we are getting ready for some 20F temperatures for the next few days. Not good here cause we arent used to that. Our water systems cant take it for long or our pipes freeze and break. Heck, even beer sitting on the porch will freeze. Stay warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Exciting day ahead, I'm doing laundry. :sad:

New Years eve party to go to so that's something. Might even take a shower for that. :th_lmao:

Hope all is well Bob, it sucks to be sick.

S-noWonder

Today I am going to a end of year meditation and ceremony to send intentions for the new year. Bet you didn't see that coming. Lol

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Exciting day ahead, I'm doing laundry. :sad:

I usually do my laundry Sat. but when I did it the last time I dropped a bunch of my clean dried towels outside, when I was bringing the laundry in. So I went ahead and did the wash yesterday.

Today I had a sh*tty time at a Walgreen's drugstore that I walked over a half a mile to. The clerk POed me. They have a "Rewards" card like many stores have. I had lost mine so wanted a new one. The clerk acted like I wanted a zebra egg or something. Fortunately the manager was right there.
Then she said the phone number I wanted to use belonged to somebody else. That kind of POed me since that is "almost" was my real number. It's the number for an old TracPhone that I let lapse. (Don't know about you but I don't like to give out my real phone number to crap like that.)
Clerk said it belonged to "Ivan."
I told her that my brother wouldn't mind if I used his phone number.
And I'm sure he wouldn't since he died over 13 years ago. (He didn't go for that kind of crap either.)
I gave her my correct name because people always screw up the spelling anyway.
I had gotten a Walgreen's gift card for Christmas. She couldn't figure out how much the Walgreen's gift card was for.
I saw another employee stocking and he could.
I saw a movie in the discount bargain bin, (nothing over seven bucks), with no price on it. I got a clerk with a brain and found out it was over $23. (Someone must have tossed it in the wrong bin.)
Went outside to have some beggar confront me.
Then I needed to walk a half a mile home.

BUT it was 75 degrees with red roses blooming, so you can keep all your
effing snow!

:th_lmao:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Fireplace number three, living room.

Attachments

• 1514749286205746626821.jpg
    1514749286205746626821.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 39

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Is it 2018 yet? Been pretty much housebound with 5 kids for a week. Just checked the weather and we're still at a balmy -38 windchill at 4:30pm. No desire to do anything tonight. I doubt I'll see midnight at this rate. It's just an overhyped number anyways and an excuse for people to get drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.