• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prayers for a friend

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We got some very bad news at camp yesterday. A good friend of ours was in a bad accident on his motorcycle. He was, from what I understand, riding his Harley when someone (obviously not paying attention) pulled out in front of him. He swerved to avoid the car but hit the side hard enough to push the doors in about 6".

I'm not certain as to the extent of his injuries but I do know he did sustain head trauma and is being kept in an induced coma and underwent a ct scan this morning. He is 31 years old and has had a girlfriend for over 10 years.

This hits home to me and my wife as I was the one laying in bed in an induced coma and my wife was in the same position as his girlfriend.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/motorcyclist-involved-in-arthur-street-collision-730311

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
[emoji17] the ct scan confirmed that he sustained brain damage. Only question now is how much but nobody knows that right now until the swelling goes down. He's still in a coma. I'm struggling with this as that was me over 2 years ago.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope things go well for him.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
As someone who was in a wreck and head a closed head brain injury I sure am praying.
And pray that God gives the physicians the knowledge and ability to help him.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. I know you understand cat.

Last night at camp around the fire the mood was very somber. I commented on it. They all said that was the same tone as when I had my accident.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know what to say. Somehow my condolences don't seem to be enough. All I have to offer are my prayers and you have those.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. It's a hard situation. We also feel helpless. All we can do is let them know we are there for them.

When I was in the hospital it was probably a good 6 days before I fully regained consciousness. Enough to be able to talk to people.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a long road for my friend. He was transferred to a long-term care facility a couple weeks ago for ongoing treatment of his head injury. I just heard he's going home for the weekend then back for more treatment next week.

I remember what it felt like when I was discharged from the hospital the first time. Pulling into the driveway I actually broke down in tears when the reality of the whole situation finally hit. Worst of all was the realization of how close my wife was to being a widow. And my kids fatherless.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk