• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My choice of wife

Gunsrus

I have been marked by people who are out for themselves pure and simple. They have given me unpleasant memories and I will never look at them in the same way again. My future wife will be someone who can earn respect for herself through what she does for others and will not scorn or laugh at others because of their weaknesses or shortcomings.

I want to go on record to say that I do not accept relationships of convenience or prestige. I believe in humane relationships, in which mutual interest, respect and understanding of intellectual, personal, or spiritual values, plays a part. If I recieve any wedding invitations from people I don't know too well, I am going to ask if the marriages are based on human values. If it is, I will acept them, but if they are not, I will politely decline the invitation. Of course, it'd be an honor to accept the wedding invitations of people I know are going to wed for love. I respect and cherish people like that.

Before my life experiences, I would not have posted this, but, whereas a couple I used to know in England never spent their money in goods outside a supermarket because they wanted to be careful with their money due to the poverty they grew up in, I can never get close to people who seek the advantage, no matter what is in it for me because of what I've been through. The experience of being passed over for someone more suitable or more wealthy than me has formed a scar on my soul. There ain't no turning back the clock hands.

Even if I'm burning to death, I'll never ask any woman that's looking to make it big to help me. I'll let the flames eat me and take comfort in the fact that the pain will end. If I survive, I'll know that I stood by my principles at the very least. :flame2:

Thanks for reading this.

Gunsrus

I'd like anyone who's read this topic to understand that I ain't against marriages of compassion, empathy, advancement - these reasons are very praiseworthy and I'd adopt any of them when I marry.

If someone is from a poor family and gets married to someone richer because that person would offer them a better life, I am all for it. I've been down on my luck. I know what it feels like to have little and I myself would marry into a good family to make a better life for myself.

But what I don't condone are the gold diggers, the opportunists and the people who think they deserve. Those people are out for themselves and can't be trusted. I don't mind standing against them, as doing any less would not be honest of me.

Please don't misinterpret my beliefs as rantings of a fascist, neo nazi puritan sob. I'm speaking with the voice of a person who has seen what opportunism and grasping does to people. It takes twenty years to make or break a human being. Once either happens, that person is going to be either a positive or negative force and if he or she is affected negatively, the damage is irreperable.

So, I stand by human values.

:hammer: