• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery
Lauretta Brown|Posted: Dec 21, 2018 12:35 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laure...th-bader-ginsburg-undergoing-surgery-n2537935

U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, underwent a pulmonary lobectomy Friday in New York. The Supreme Court announced the news in a statement.

“Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg underwent a pulmonary lobectomy today at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City,” the court’s public information office noted. “Two nodules in the lower lobe of her left lung were discovered incidentally during tests performed at George Washington University Hospital to diagnose and treat rib fractures sustained in a fall on November 7.”

They added that she is resting comfortably and will not currently need further treatment for the condition.

“According to the thoracic surgeon, Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, both nodules removed during surgery were found to be malignant on initial pathology evaluation,” the release said. “Post-surgery, there was no evidence of any remaining disease. Scans performed before surgery indicated no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body. Currently, no further treatment is planned. Justice Ginsburg is resting comfortably and is expected to remain in the hospital for a few days. Updates will be provided as they become available.”

Attachments

• 8C2C83CC-D060-4763-AE94-378901285E3F.jpeg
    8C2C83CC-D060-4763-AE94-378901285E3F.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 29

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow: This will sure scare a lot of democrats.
It will also put a lot of them busy looking at Trump's list on nominees, hiring investigators to find and manufacture dirt.

Justice Ginsberg needs to hang on for another 13 Months or THE Donald gets another SCOTUS choice.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Removing two malignant tumors at 85 years of age is no picnic. No picnic for someone half her age. If I were a Dem, I would be calling my doctor to make sure I had an endless supply of Xanax because I would be popping those bad boys like M&M's.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It will also put a lot of them busy looking at Trump's list on nominees, hiring investigators to find and manufacture dirt.

Justice Ginsberg needs to hang on for another 13 Months or THE Donald gets another SCOTUS choice.
Yep, and they'll be frantically looking for or inventing things to impeach Trump for.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Removing two malignant tumors at 85 years of age is no picnic. No picnic for someone half her age... edit....

They didn't "remove" 2 tumors,... they did a pulmonary lobectomy,
meaning an entire lung lobe was removed, the left lung has 2 lobes, the right has 3.

Hers was the left, so there is only one lobe remaining there.

This procedure, in and of itself is survivable, but, she is 85 years old.

The nodes were not found by any proactive test. they were discovered only because she broke ribs and they were x-rayed. that tells me they were well advanced, most likely at stage 4.

I'm confident that the surgeon felt that she didn't have any other viable survival options.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
They didn't "remove" 2 tumors,... they did a pulmonary lobectomy,
meaning an entire lung lobe was removed, the left lung has 2 lobes, the right has 3.

Hers was the left, so there is only one lobe remaining there.

This procedure, in and of itself is survivable, but, she is 85 years old.

The nodes were not found by any proactive test. they were discovered only because she broke ribs and they were x-rayed. that tells me they were well advanced, most likely at stage 4.

I'm confident that the surgeon felt that she didn't have any other viable survival options.
If that is the case then PG said it best. Bless her and I hope for comfort and healing.