• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chick-Fil-A to Become Third-Largest Fast Food Chain in U.S.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Chick-Fil-A to Become Third-Largest Fast Food Chain in U.S.
by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ 19 Dec 2018

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2018/12/19/chick-fil-a-become-third-largest-fast-food-chain-u-s/

Chick-fil-A is growing at such a rapid pace that it is expected to become the third largest fast food chain in the U.S., surpassing competitors like Subway.

Business has been booming for Chick-fil-A, as sales for the chicken sandwich chain soared by 15.5 percent in 2018 and traffic to its stores went up by 10 percent since 2017.

But the privately-held chicken sandwich franchise is making such a splash that it is catching up to publicly-traded competitors such as McDonalds and Wendy’s years ahead of schedule.

Kalinowski Equity Research told Marketwatch that Chick-fil-A’s popularity is growing faster than expected, as the chain was not expected to grow this quickly until 2020.

“We have long pointed out that Chick-fil-A is the restaurant competition with which McDonald’s U.S. should most concern itself – and by extension, investors should too,” according to a statement from Kalinowski Equity Research. “But this goes beyond McDonald’s.”

The chain’s projected sales for 2018 are expected to top $10 billion, even though the chicken sandwich joint is only open six days a week to keep company founder Truett Cathy’s wish to close the stores on Sundays to observe it as a holy day.

McDonalds took the stop spot for America’s largest fast-food chain in 2017, reporting $37.6 billion in sales. Starbucks took second place, reporting sales of $17.65 billion.

Although the chain has been rejected on some college campuses for its traditional Christian values, it is expected to expand in states like Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Ohio to compete with larger fast food chains.

The fast-food chain has also made the news this year for its good deeds, such as opening on a Sunday to feed first responders and stranded airport passengers.

Attachments

• F31DE991-7C90-486D-938E-DE810B0AE78C.jpeg
    F31DE991-7C90-486D-938E-DE810B0AE78C.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 145

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Grow baby grow!

The closest one to us is a couple towns away. Hoping they get one close to us. A Chick-Fil-A and a Wendy's closer to us would be awesome. I can't stand McD's and can just tolerate Burger King.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Isn't this the same said Chicken place that was being boycotted by lefties because the Founders were standing firm on their Christian values?

Check out the scowls on the two onlookers in the photo. I'm betting they voted for Obama and love Obamacare.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've eaten at one in Cincy, and now that I think about it, Indy.
It's nice that they've honoured the founders wishes to observe Sunday's.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Not one up here north of the woodchucks. Closest one, I believe, is across the lake in Plattsburgh. I cannot go there because the Gov. of NY once said conservatives are not welcome in NY so since that day they have not gotten one penny of my money.

Prolly a good thing there is not one close. Given my penchant for fast food I would be there every day enjoying good food and enjoying supporting a good Christian run company.

BTW the only time they ever open on Sundays is to give out free food for first responders during an emergency. What a class act outfit. They have my support 110%.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
December 20, 2018
Americans snub boycott efforts of same-sex marriage advocates, push Chick-fil-A toward fast food crown
By Thomas Lifson
A
https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...es_push_chickfila_toward_fast_food_crown.html

If the bullies seeking to punish people whose religious faith condemns same sex marriage had their way, my preference for the food at Chick-fil-A would be “the love that dares snot speak its name.” Fortunately, when it comes to food at least, Americans do not lie being bullied. As a result, the chain is set to rise by two ranks and become the number three fast food chain in the country. Grace Carr of the Daily Caller News Foundation reports:

Despite ongoing criticism from activists, fast food chain Chick-fil-A is projected to become the third-largest restaurant chain in the U.S., according to an analysis from Kalinowski Equity Research.

The fast food chicken chain will rise from its seventh-place spot to rank as the third-largest U.S. restaurant chain by 2018’s close, according to the group’s research, Business Insider reported.

“We have long pointed out that Chick-fil-A is the restaurant competitor with which McDonald’s … should most concern itself — and by extension, investors should, too,” analyst Mark Kalinowski wrote in his report.

“But this goes beyond McDonald’s,” Kalinowski noted.

Indeed, by what may be an even more important yardstick, per-store sales at Chick-fil-A already surpass McDonald’s and every other chain by a huge margin. According to QSR, an industry publication, Chick-fil-A’s per store sales in 2015 were only slightly lower than $4 million, compared to $2.5 million for McDonald’s. No other chain comes within a million dollars per store to Chick-fil-A’s phenomenal sales.

The closest unit of Chick-fil-A is about a half hour’s drive from my home, which means that there are still some attractive growth opportunities ahead for the chain before it reaches anything like a saturation point, as I live in the midst of a huge metropolitan area. In addition to the food, which is always good, the staff at the company are uniformly friendly and polite, a trait they share with I-N-Out Burger. What is about two hyphens in a fast food chain’s name that works this magic?

Attachments

• 06CC91C7-8EA6-4B75-A2C7-63AC06D14032.jpeg
    06CC91C7-8EA6-4B75-A2C7-63AC06D14032.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 146

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Isn't this the same said Chicken place that was being boycotted by lefties because the Founders were standing firm on their Christian values?

Check out the scowls on the two onlookers in the photo. I'm betting they voted for Obama and love Obamacare.

The boycott first drew my attention to Chick-fil-A. I had to spend some money with them since it upsets the liberals so I headed to their nearest location at the time, a 30 minute drive. Imagine my surprise to find the place a mob scene! Cars everywhere no parking spaces and a drive through line backed up into the road. I got in line and gradually moved up and was able to order. The most pleasant experience ever at a fast food joint! Everyone was polite and I received the best ckicken sandwich I’ve ever eaten.

They finally built one a few miles away three years ago. I’m there about once a week. ALWAYS polite and courteous service and great food. I’ve come to know the owner and he’s very organized and customer oriented.

Their business model works. Imagine being closed one day a week and still besting McDonalds by $1 million per store!