• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Flat Pack Goods

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I hate flat pack,and the only reason i hate it is due to the instructions they supply with it.

My dear wife wants a greenhouse to get back in to gardening,she just misses going out to the garden and pottering with a mug of coffee close to hand,she enjoys a simple life and yes that does kinda explain me:unsure:

So i went on fleabay and and got a good deal on a brand spanking new one with Polycarbonate panels as glass with grankids = grumpy old man,whilst i waited for it to be delivered i knocked up some work benches for it and prepared a level ground area for it to be situated...then the bloody thing turned up.....

First thing i do is open up the packaging and separate it all out in to numbered parts,set up a tool bench/coffee station,cigars at hand and i am ready to get this thing erected....and BOOM!!!! .....

i need parts 1 2 5 6 and 2x part 8 and a 8a to connect parts 8 to create a 6ft length ...where is 8a???? THERE IN NO FUCKING 8a!!!!

Pictures might help....the only few pictures are BLURRY!!!!

After 30 min or so in blurry small print at the bottom of the last page it say's "there may be a variant of parts due to improvements in the manufacturing process"...what fucking idiot chose not to update the manual!!!!!

Turns out there is only one 8 as it is no longer two 3ft sections it is just a 6ft section.

Then you take two 7's and join with a 8a....fuck off i aint falling for that one again...me quick learner...then put 55 end cap over exposed open edges...put end cap on end cap fall off...end cap on fall off....FFS why dont they put this as a last job when things are not being moved..throw them aside.

D is a 21....4 are not pre drilled....no reference is made to the glazing joining bars and the list goes on......

I started putting this together yesterday morning at 8am and went in for dinner at 7pm yet i still need to put on the door ,fit the window openings and glaze it all to the tune of my dear sweet daughter saying repeatedly when can i start filling up the seed trays...soon dear soon i say but i am thinking :batterUp:

If after all this if i dont get to :reacharou in the potting shed i shall be rather disappointed to say the least...as for the fucking idiots that draw up the instruction manuals i hope they all get a nasty std that will take a very intrusive/painful procedure to cure it.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

I best get back out the garden.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I share your pain.

The words that I hate to see are "Can be assembled by a child of 5 in 10 minutes using only a screwdriver". I hate that freekin' kid!!!!

My wife used to bring all the outside plants inside during the winter which meant that I spent months falling over or walking around the darned things. My solution was to get some small cheapo greenhouses, about 3 foot square and 6 feet tall, stack the plants in them with a heat source and keep them outside all winter. That was the plan!!! During the summer I found them on sale and bought 4 of them. That fall I put two of them together and you're right, the instructions are translated in to English from Chinese by a drunken Eskimo. Hey, I'm a guy, this is simple, I can do this without any stinkin' instructions. Wrong!!! I spent all day getting two of them to stand up without falling over. The other two are still in the original boxes. I need to get rid of them.

They did work pretty well though. All the plants made it through the winter and SHE'S HAPPY!!!