• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How big was that needle?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
As some of you already know I have been undergoing some rather extensive testing the past month. Today the cancer doc took some bone and bone marrow out of my right hip. He is a big strong guy and let me tell you that needle must be BIG and strong. Of course he also had the nurse draw 4 more vials of blood. That makes 13 in the past week. He kept asking me if he was hurting me and I told him no just get it done. To me it was better than being out in the line of folks getting chemo therapy for hours. Won't know the total outcome till I go back in 2 weeks. He told me to drop the iron tablets the heart doc has had me taking for 4 years. Said my iron levels were way elevated. After all that fun I went next door for my annual pacemaker/ICD check. Says I should get 3 more years from the battery.:clap:Then after a little shopping and lunch got to get an ultrasound of my testicles.:w00t2:The only test they have not done yet is a colonoscopy although he did mention that a few weeks back. He did not ask and I sure as hell did not mention it.:whistling:Let me tell you I never realized how hard a toilet seat is till I had that needle stuck in me today. Going to be a 2 pain pill night for sure.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Mule:: I'm sorry I did not get this message...I pray for great results..B,

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
seems like your keeping a rather good attitude toward this whole deal. that's the only way, i think, sometimes. then sometimes, u just need a minute or a day of :mellow:. this stuff cannot be easy on you. prayers that things turn well. hope springs eternal in my mind.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you kidding me? I had no idea you had that much reality going on in your life bud. Squerly has a whole new-found respect for you. You are the man Mule.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Good to see you still able to keep your sense of humor and I can relate to the medical problems myself. Hang in their like the told me it only hurts for a little while and you don't remember the pain later. Well all I can say about that statement is BS as I still remember it. :flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
After 2007 and the heart troubles I experienced I figure I have been living on bonus time anyway. They jump started me 9 times in Elmira before flying me to Cleveland clinic where they put 11 stents in. I was on life support for over 2 weeks there before I came around. Then back to Elmira for another 3 weeks in cardiac ICU and got an implanted ICD. After 57 days on my back I was ready to crawl to get back home. Back then the docs thought I would be lucky to last a year and I am still here deviling Rusty 4 1/2 years later!:clap::clap::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good to see you still able to keep your sense of humor and I can relate to the medical problems myself. Hang in their like the told me it only hurts for a little while and you don't remember the pain later. Well all I can say about that statement is BS as I still remember it. :flowers:
That needle was nothing like getting shocked and beat on to restart your heart. That shit still hurt 6 months later. For a long while I wished I would have died when the pain got bad. Now I am still ready to fight for a while longer.:flowers:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You hang in there Muley. You know we're pulling for 'ya. When not pulling, we're yanking your chain.

About those batteries, I'm pretty sure they last a looonnnnngggg time. My MIL either set the world record or came in second in terms of longevity. I'll have to ask Mrs. Zoom but I'm pretty sure they lasted her around 35 years.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I spent way to much time in the hospitality..when i was younger...3 months at a time..bad heart valve and roumatic fever..that was in the 60's..they might have another name for it by now...But i wish you best of Luck..am still a smoker..and drinker...when i show up at the doc..he sez i'm the stupidest guy he knows..thats not really good...:hammer::w00t2:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
It's good to read you're still your own stubborn, kickin' Muleman self.:biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
As some of you already know I have been undergoing some rather extensive testing the past month. Today the cancer doc took some bone and bone marrow out of my right hip. He is a big strong guy and let me tell you that needle must be BIG and strong. Of course he also had the nurse draw 4 more vials of blood. That makes 13 in the past week. He kept asking me if he was hurting me and I told him no just get it done. To me it was better than being out in the line of folks getting chemo therapy for hours. Won't know the total outcome till I go back in 2 weeks. He told me to drop the iron tablets the heart doc has had me taking for 4 years. Said my iron levels were way elevated. After all that fun I went next door for my annual pacemaker/ICD check. Says I should get 3 more years from the battery.:clap:Then after a little shopping and lunch got to get an ultrasound of my testicles.:w00t2:The only test they have not done yet is a colonoscopy although he did mention that a few weeks back. He did not ask and I sure as hell did not mention it.:whistling:Let me tell you I never realized how hard a toilet seat is till I had that needle stuck in me today. Going to be a 2 pain pill night for sure.

geez Bill , I had no idea you had all this stuff going on . I wish you the best my friend . :flowers:

I'll be glad to come and do your heavy work if need be . I been lookin all day to kick someones butt and you just point and i'll get after em !:unsure::w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, I talked briefly with the ICD doc about the batteries today. Depending on my health I may opt to just let the dang thing run till it dies and forget about it. If it never goes off in 7-8 years why bother?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was hoping you'd finally post about it out in the open you stubborn shit.
As you know, my heart is with you daily and the prayers are running deep for you, your wife and all of your family.
As I have been saying.. wait and see.
Love ya muchly!
Lollie

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I hoped to have better answers by now but if it turns out to be from blood cells or medicine that would be easily corrected. I am starting to get used to having my nuts jiggled every couple days though.:whistling: The worst part is my veins run and hide when they draw blood. I kid the poor nurses when they miss or it quits running. When I walked out today she had stuck me 3 times till she got a winner. I have nicknames for them depending on how many hits it takes them. The folks in the C/T scan did not even try. They called nurse Jackie from IV therapy to stick me. I must say she is really good and only ever 2 stuck me once.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
You hang in there Muley. You know we're pulling for 'ya. When not pulling, we're yanking your chain.

About those batteries, I'm pretty sure they last a looonnnnngggg time. My MIL either set the world record or came in second in terms of longevity. I'll have to ask Mrs. Zoom but I'm pretty sure they lasted her around 35 years.

5 years in some medtronic defribbilators/pacemakers.

SShepherd

muley, I'm scared as shit of doctors..si i can't imagine what kinda lab rat shit they're puttin you through.
I know this, a guy I worked with volunteered to be a marrow donor- he said it was the worst pain he'd ever been through in his life.

Stay tuff.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it is not hurting near as bad this morning. Probably have enough pain med still running around in me to not feel it yet. Real bummer is no hot tub for a few days! I kind of got used to letting that warm water ease the aches in the morning.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Muley,

Best of luck and wishes to you. Many of us here appreciate you very much, and hope that you're around these parts for many years. Hang tough my firend. You are the stud dog....after all:smile:.

Spring is just around the corner, and it will bring a new outlook on life. In the mean time, you can look at the nurses but don't touch!:wink:

Keep us updated,

Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I could not help thinking that as the cute one was running the ultrasound around the jewels yesterday. 20 years ago she would have had her hands full!:whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang Muley that sure does sound painful. I am not a fan of needles. I look the other way when they are sticking me. I can watch others get stuck but can't watch em stick me. :pat:
Glad you are feeling better today. Hang in there my friend. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I sure spoke too soon about it not hurting as much. I had to move the truck for the load of logs coming in so I headed on down to get the mail. Let me tell you a 1 ton 4wd on frozen ground and with fairly stiff 10 ply tires sure bounces you around. By the time I got back to the house I was hurting real bad. Guess the pain meds from last night wore off but I am working on correcting that.:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I sure spoke too soon about it not hurting as much. I had to move the truck for the load of logs coming in so I headed on down to get the mail. Let me tell you a 1 ton 4wd on frozen ground and with fairly stiff 10 ply tires sure bounces you around. By the time I got back to the house I was hurting real bad. Guess the pain meds from last night wore off but I am working on correcting that.:whistling:
YOU need to take it easy, Superman.. until you get further info on the test results.
Don't even make me come up there.. hrmmph! :hammer::flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
YOU need to take it easy, Superman.. until you get further info on the test results.
Don't even make me come up there.. hrmmph! :hammer::flowers:
Don't scare me like that.:whistling: Should have just kept to a schedule with the pain pills. Tomorrow I have a dead mouse to hunt down. Wife says she smells another one in the first greenhouse. They get ripe and mummify quick on the heated floor.:w00t2: Don't know if I can do hands and knees yet.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the doc again to get the results of the bone marrow tests. Seems I have a form of leukemia that is only treated by a bone marrow transplant. He is kicking me up the road to Rochester to Strong Memorial for an analysis to see if they think I will be a candidate for a transplant. Meanwhile they are treating the anemia with a shot and blood tests every 2 weeks. Next up is the cardiologist in 10 days for my annual checkup. Then 2 days after that up to Rochester. Two more days and back for another shot and blood draw. Hell I am just a pin cushion anymore. :yum::yum:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the doc again to get the results of the bone marrow tests. Seems I have a form of leukemia that is only treated by a bone marrow transplant. He is kicking me up the road to Rochester to Strong Memorial for an analysis to see if they think I will be a candidate for a transplant. Meanwhile they are treating the anemia with a shot and blood tests every 2 weeks. Next up is the cardiologist in 10 days for my annual checkup. Then 2 days after that up to Rochester. Two more days and back for another shot and blood draw. Hell I am just a pin cushion anymore. :yum::yum:
Dang Bill sorry to here your going through so much, thats a lot to have on your table. Alls I can do is wish you the best, and You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. :flowers:

loboloco

Bill, I really hope this is treatable. My thoughts and prayers will be with you every day. Keep your spirits up and know you have a lot of people pulling for you.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes bone marrow tests are painful but still the star of pain is a spinal tap as given to test for meningitis. Now that will keep you in a fetal position for days afterward. One almost as bad as bone marrow is a blood gas test which hurts bad also. I swear some of these needs feel like the scrapped the tip on the floor before the stick them in.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am sure they will be doing a boatload more tests in Rochester. They all want their own damn vial of my blood!:hammer: