• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Admitted to Hospital WITHOUT my consent!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a seizure disorder normally called epilepsy. This is a neurological disorder. Typically even after a grand mal seizure where I collapse I am able to get up and function again with in a few minutes. no problem.
I have been going to a neurological institute because of it.
This neurological institute is a (very) major part of a hospital. I can't drive because I have the seizures. Yesterday my sister drove me to the neurological institute to get an evaluation related to my seizures.
The way the place is set up people park on the hospital side then cross over to the neurological institute side. There is a bridge between the buildings. While trying to find the bridge I had a grand mal seizure and collapsed. Someone who worked for the hospital apparently saw that (or at least saw me laying on the floor shortly afterwards). Despite my sister repeatedly telling them that I had had a SEIZURE a neurological disorder right across from the neurological institute and not to take me to the ER this person apparently did not believe her or follow her request. Someone got a gurney and wheeled me to the emergency room. I was already starting to come out of the seizure and wake up by the time we got there. Once there before I had fully woken up someone thrust paper work in front of me and insisted that I sign it. This I refused to do but instead I got up off the gurney in an agitated state. This is somewhat normal for me when I wake from a seizure especially when morons f*** with me.
I was late but still made my Dr.'s appointment. Afterwards since I figured I would probably get a bill anyway I went back and explained the situation and made sure they had the proper insurance info. I did not nor was I asked to sign any paperwork.

Questions?
(1) Wouldn't you think that since the hospital is next to a neurological institute they might realize that I might be having a seizure?

(2) If they send me a bill who will have to pay it (remember I signed no authorization for insurance to pay)?

(3) Who is responsible for any bill?

(4) Since the neurological institute is a very major part of the hospital and my sister told them not to admit me why did they?

(5) Would it help if my sister has a medical power of attorney for me?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a seizure disorder normally called epilepsy. This is a neurological disorder. Typically even after a grand mal seizure where I collapse I am able to get up and function again with in a few minutes. no problem.
I have been going to a neurological institute because of it.
This neurological institute is a (very) major part of a hospital. I can't drive because I have the seizures. Yesterday my sister drove me to the neurological institute to get an evaluation related to my seizures.
The way the place is set up people park on the hospital side then cross over to the neurological institute side. There is a bridge between the buildings. While trying to find the bridge I had a grand mal seizure and collapsed. Someone who worked for the hospital apparently saw that (or at least saw me laying on the floor shortly afterwards). Despite my sister repeatedly telling them that I had had a SEIZURE a neurological disorder right across from the neurological institute and not to take me to the ER this person apparently did not believe her or follow her request. Someone got a gurney and wheeled me to the emergency room. I was already starting to come out of the seizure and wake up by the time we got there. Once there before I had fully woken up someone thrust paper work in front of me and insisted that I sign it. This I refused to do but instead I got up off the gurney in an agitated state. This is somewhat normal for me when I wake from a seizure especially when morons f*** with me.
I was late but still made my Dr.'s appointment. Afterwards since I figured I would probably get a bill anyway I went back and explained the situation and made sure they had the proper insurance info. I did not nor was I asked to sign any paperwork.

Questions?
(1) Wouldn't you think that since the hospital is next to a neurological institute they might realize that I might be having a seizure?

One would certainly think so, especially since they were told. But see below.

(2) If they send me a bill who will have to pay it (remember I signed no authorization for insurance to pay)?

(3) Who is responsible for any bill?

(4) Since the neurological institute is a very major part of the hospital and my sister told them not to admit me why did they?

A person who worked there found you unconscious and unresponsive on the floor. I imagine there is a protocol
in place for such things that directs immediate medical intervention, to protect you and save them from the
risk of financial disaster.
(5) Would it help if my sister has a medical power of attorney for me?

Yes, definitely.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Good point, I'm just wondering what it was they wanted me to sign, maybe something releasing them from liability for falling?