• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Professor Called ‘Racist’ for Correcting Black Student’s Paper; Causing ‘A Hostile Ca

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
How dare this old White male oppress a Black student with racist concepts like grammar and punctuation!
Fasten your seat belts…the crazy just went to 11.
Downtrend reports:
25 University of California Los Angeles students participated in a sit-in protest because, get this, one of their professors had the gall to correct grammar and spelling issues on some black students’ papers.
Val Rust, a professor of education and information, was the target of the protestors for what they feel was racial insensitivity. Describing themselves as “aggrieved minority students,” they claim that the professor was wrong to correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar in the papers of black students.
Call 2 Action: Graduate Students of Color, the group which launched the sit-in, said the act of correcting a black student was “micro-aggression.” But it’s much worse than you think. The group issued the following statement:
A hostile campus climate has been the norm for Students of Color in this class throughout the quarter as our epistemological and methodological commitments have been repeatedly questioned by our classmates and our instructor. The barrage of questions by white colleagues and the grammar ‘lessons’ by the professor have contributed to a hostile class climate.”
Grammar, spelling and punctuation are now racist oppression!
Thank God Obama let us know that race relations have never been better!

http://toprightnews.com/?p=7812

I'm at a loss for words at the stupidity of these students. :sad:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
There were loons when I was in college back in the 60’s, but this is waaaaayy over the top! :hammer: This is the sort of thing you’d expect from
“The Onion” … but it’s actual news. Wow! :w00t2:

Leni

And then they wonder why they are perceived as poorly educated or worse not very bright.

Kane

Of course all is well for Californication skools that recommended new laguage coursework in ... wait for it ... Ebonics.

Ebonics? WTF?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
When I actually worked for a living, I told one new apprentice who seemed well versed in this ebonics crap that he needed to learn how to talk. I explained to him how high voltage work was very meticulous work and fraught with danger if not done right, that not only he needed to be smart, but he needed good communication skills as well.

He quit.