• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Personal injury claim

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Anyone had to go through a Lawyer for a injury at work???

Getting pissed off now, my dear wife had a accident at work in may 2013, moving heavy goods she slipped and the safety hand rail was all loose so she hit the deck and the goods hit her foot resulting in fractures,she took 3 weeks off work but it took in full 3 months to fully recover.

Now in no way did claiming cross our minds until the pay check turned up, she was not paid sick pay, and to top it off the manager at the time put through on the company system that she was just off sick and did not put as company policy states that she was off with a injury that was caused at work...this is what pissed her off and got the lawyer involved.

When we got legal advice we were told it was a straight forward case and should be dealt with within a 6 month time bracket,then in early December 2013 a new Lawyer took over the case from the same firm and she assured us it would all be settled by the end of January of this year,in June this year to our amazement she was booked to see a injury Doctor, kind of a bit late...and now we still wait,liability in the matter was accepted by the employer months ago and still this shitty Lawyer drags her heels.

I know what it is all about and money for the Law firm, blood sucking scum, the money don't mean shit to us it's more so about what they entered on to my wife's work record.

So i have had my moan here about the issue to which is just a warm up for a email i am about to write to our Lawyer, i have to in some way find a polite way to say "pull your finger out your arse you useless sack of shit!!!"....kinda hard for me as i do prefer to just say it how it is.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Kane

Sounds like a straightforward Workers Comp case. Sounds like something your wife's emploeyr should have assisted, not obstructed.

WTF? Sounds like getting a lawyer involved only benefitted the lawyer.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
WTF? Sounds like getting a lawyer involved only benefitted the lawyer.

I've only had one experience with a personal injury lawyer and that was for my wife, not for me but my experience was just as you stated above.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
If the employers have accepted responsibility my thought is to go directly to them, work out the changes to the record that
are needed, and fire the damn lawyer! That may not be possible if you have a contract with the lawyers, but it should work
otherwise.

Galvatron

Well i sent my email,firm but fair in ways but like always i will have to twiddle my thumbs and await a reply.

I swear this Lawyer has more tit's than brains.

Galvatron

We have only just found out from the Lawyer that 2 months ago a offer was made but she felt there was more money in the pot and went ahead without consulting us to pursue more,what is offered is more than enough to make things good in the universe so now time to slap the lawyer with a reality check and get this case closed.

By fuck i hate this lawyer:hammer::hammer::hammer:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
MEN! :biggrin: Can't live with you and can't live without you.
And every one of you women love that we notice your "attributes," and not just your quick wit and brains. You know I'm right.:brows:

Leni

I'd go to the bar association and ask them. If she is getting paid by a percentage of the settlement there is an incentive for her to get as much as possible. That would explain her behavior and would be unethical.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd go to the bar association and ask them. If she is getting paid by a percentage of the settlement there is an incentive for her to get as much as possible. That would explain her behavior and would be unethical.

That's how it works in theory but it used to be, when I lived in the UK, that it was almost impossible to sue lawyers or doctors for incompetence or malpractice. That's just the way it was. Things may have changed.

Galvatron

Phoned the useless Lawyer today as it is still dragging on,she said she was waiting to hear for us to confirm we accepted the offer,FFS we made it clear in writing via letter and email,i have now threatened her with if she dont sort it all within 30 days we will drop the case and good luck her getting paid:hammer::hammer::hammer:

I hate POS Lawyers.