• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Soap...... clean or dirty??????

Do you washs the bar of soap after using it?

• Never

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • It's soap, it is meant to be dirty

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It's soap, it is meant to be clean

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Do you wash the soap after you wash your hands? When I come in from the garage with dirty hands, I just use the soap to wash my hands and I never try to get the little amount of dirt off of the soap bar, because I know that I am the only one that uses it. This drives the wife crazy, because she likes to see a clean white bar of soap. What do you do?????

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I tell my wife to not look at my soap. Of course, "my" soap is in the downstairs kitchenette where she rarely ever goes.

humor_me

Liquid soap rarely gets dirty from use. But I do try to keep the top of the dispenser clean and free of my grime.:respect:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I forgot to post the picture...... It's no wonder that I forget to wash the soap.....:argueing:

Attachments

• MVC-422S.JPG
    MVC-422S.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 79

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
That soap is for normal grime from the garage. If it is grease on my hands, I use GoJo liquid and dish-washing soap to get my hands clean. I learned about 45 years ago how to keep my hands clean of grease, because when you went out on a ambulance call, you had to have clean hands. I was using surgical gloves long before they were popular for keeping my hands clean while working on an engine. Never used surgical gloves when working on an accident victim. We didn't have STD's and AIDS to worry about back then. I can remember many times being up to my elbows in blood while preparing a patient for transfer from the accident scene to the hospital.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:eek: If the soap is still that dirty, how can your hands be clean? :yankchain:

I never thought of it that way, but I guess I do wash the soap. If the soap looks that dirty I'll wash my hands another time which then leaves the soap clean. But that was before we switched to the liquid soap.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
If my hands are greasy I use Fast Orange. If I am just washing my hands normally, I use liquid soap.

cj7

If you want to rid your hands and under your nails of old greasy dirt..

try..uhemm

clean motor oil... you be amazed...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If my hands are greasy I use Fast Orange. If I am just washing my hands normally, I use liquid soap.
Ditto.

I actually use a lot of baby wipes as well for a quick clean-up in the shop.

Bar soap is only in the bathtub.

cj7

in the garage
gojo with fine italian pumice

then some dish soap...

house
bar soap is in the shower...

dish soap in one of those pump things at the kitchen sink and the other bathrooms

man who new we would talk about soap.. must be a slow day...

and to think no one has mentiond about getting on a ' soapbox ' about soap