• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tractors Cost More Than BMW's

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
These gals just got the news. :D

Attachments

• TractorCostsMoreThanBMW.JPG
    TractorCostsMoreThanBMW.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 87

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
These gals just got the news. :D

Isn't that the truth ... minus the chickadees.

My Kubota B2400 is getting a little tired after 15 years and more than a couple of thousand hours so I priced a new compact tractor with a cab. Talk about sticker shock. For the quoted price I could have a BMW or Mercedes sitting in the driveway.

I think that I'll breath new life into the B2400 and just keep on going. So, having said that I don't suppose any models are going to be falling all over me. :yum:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Role that machine through a patch of goat head stickers.....and then lets see those babes lounge on the tires!!!!!!:yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That particular tractor likely cost as much as 2 BMW's. It is a very popular brand in Europe and has front and rear 3pt. and pto's. They are also known for having very high road speeds for going from farm to farm.

northeastheavy

A farm equipment dealer gave me a new rule of thumb on current new farm tractor costs!!!!! Figure about $1,000 per horsepower!! Thats scary!! 75hp about $75,000. 250 hp about $250,000!!!
Don't know how farmers can afford new equipment!!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I always remember the story about a cotton farmer from West Texas telling a uppity yuppie that his cotton picker cost 4 times what his BMW did and he only uses it for 3 weeks a year. :yum:

Got to smack down those yuppies every chance you get. :brows:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A farm equipment dealer gave me a new rule of thumb on current new farm tractor costs!!!!! Figure about $1,000 per horsepower!! Thats scary!! 75hp about $75,000. 250 hp about $250,000!!!
Don't know how farmers can afford new equipment!!!!

And 250HP is not a large one at all. This woud be considered a planter tractor. Tillage tractors start at about 325HP and go on up to 600 HP. Tracked tractors are another 20% more than the wheeled ones to.

Makes me kringe...:ermm:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

northeastheavy

I am a heavy equipment insurance adjuster!!! Last year I had a fire loss on a Morbark Tub grinder with a 850HP Caterpillar diesel!! Caterpillar quoted a replacement engine at $105,000!!!!!! That was installed, which was only a 10 hours job , so the engine was still over $100,000. That was the most expensive engine I had to deal with. Makes Ya Kringe for sure!!!
Tom