• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new phone~

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
has anyone owned an Apple iPhone 4S~
-were the pix great
-could the phone be covered in a (pink:w00t2:~) cover
-were features extra $$
-should i get 1~

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I have the 4-s. it is a very good phone. Pictures are good but no telephoto but it does movies and panoramic. The only extras are the memory. It may have the option of a pink cover but why would I check that out?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
okay, pink aside-- sounds pretty sweeeeet. hm. to the phone place soon to see if they have 1. thinkin' my brother owned 1.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
All of the pictures you see me post have been taken with the iPhone 4S. Nuff said...great camera.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the 4-s. it is a very good phone. Pictures are good but no telephoto but it does movies and panoramic. The only extras are the memory. It may have the option of a pink cover but why would I check that out?

U sure about zoom (telephoto), my wife's has it? Control is sometimes hard to access when you don't know how!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

The 4S I gave to my daughter has telephoto. All you do is "open pinch" on the screen and it zooms, exactly the same as the iPhone 5 I have.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife and I both hav iPhone 4. Got them one month before the 4s came out. Awesome phones. And u can get pink bling covers for them. Here is my wife's.

Attachments

• image-4114992301.jpg
    image-4114992301.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image-688429603.jpg
    image-688429603.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 111

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanx, guys! jus' discussed getting 1 w/ my Mom. joe, ur pix look so clear when u post.
i'm used to the zoom function from using my brother's when there. & doc, luv the pink bling! i think i'm sold on the phone further than i was. now, to get my Mom to give me the next new phone....... i've not gotten 1 fer awhile, now.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Close to 500 photos and now I know it has zoom. Now I can go back to bed for the rest of the day as I learned my one thing new for the day. How about making it a double and telling me how to convert the pictures into something I can post here?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
How about making it a double and telling me how to convert the pictures into something I can post here?

on my other/current phones, i send pix to my e-mail, then, from there, make selections from pix now also on my 'puter. i'll scroll here, on this screen, until i get to 'manage attachments.' images saved to ur 'puter can be selected from there.
there's other ways, too.
that's my way, tho.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Close to 500 photos and now I know it has zoom. Now I can go back to bed for the rest of the day as I learned my one thing new for the day. How about making it a double and telling me how to convert the pictures into something I can post here?

I'm sorry, but that would just tax my mushy gray substance I have for a brain too much if I tried to do both in one day.

I you can download PhotoShop Jr. (or whatever they call the watered down free version of it for the iPhone) and resize pics with that program. Or, if you know you are going to post the pics on here, go to settings, camera, and then set the size of the pics to a smaller size; take the pics you intend to post, and then return the settings to the highest quality size.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How about making it a double and telling me how to convert the pictures into something I can post here?

As others have said, take the photos on the iPhone, then email them to yourself.

When you email the photo to yourself, your phone will ask what size you want to send. For posting on this forum, I suggest the Medium size. That results in a photo that is 640 x 480 pixels which is good for posting.

If you are going to print the photos, use the Large or Original size.

Once the photos are in your email inbox, you can either right click and copy them, then paste it in the forum, or you can save them to your hard drive (like in My Photos) and select them when posting.

If this seems complicated, try it. After you have done it a couple of times it gets easier.

Bob

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
image.jpgFigured it out last night. Free app to downsize then download. Seems to work.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Luvs - Are you getting it from Verizon? When we there to get phones a couple months ago, the iPhone 4 was free (while supplies last). Although this was the free option, my wife and daughter opted for the iPhone 5.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW, I think Doc's phone looks particularly sexy for him! :clap:

:yum: Gee thanks Brent. All the guys go wild over it. :yum:

As others have said, take the photos on the iPhone, then email them to yourself.

When you email the photo to yourself, your phone will ask what size you want to send. For posting on this forum, I suggest the Medium size. That results in a photo that is 640 x 480 pixels which is good for posting.

If you are going to print the photos, use the Large or Original size.

Once the photos are in your email inbox, you can either right click and copy them, then paste it in the forum, or you can save them to your hard drive (like in My Photos) and select them when posting.

If this seems complicated, try it. After you have done it a couple of times it gets easier.

Bob

I used to have to do it that way also, now I use Forum Runner. With it I do not have to resize at all. I can post a pic from my camera roll on my phone or take a pic real time and post it. Forum Runner is the bees knees for smart phones. Works like a charm and makes viewing and posting on any forum mucho easier. It's worth the 99 cents or 1.99 one time charge (depending on what phone you are installing the app on). Free updates for life.