• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What does this mean ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What does this mean ? A "Wintery Mix"???? NOAA's new term for weather I guess .:unsure:

Its 10 degrees here . I think we are in for Snow .

Just once I would like to see them forecast this way

"Snow today and so cold it will freeze the horns off a Billy Goat !"
OR
"Its colder than a Witches tits in a brass bra "

Now that I would understand .:clap:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
"Wintry mix" is that portion of the dartboard they shoot at for the forecast, LOL!!
Mike

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You live too far to the west!

For our area (mid-Atlantic), all the forecasters have to do is look at wind direction. They then call a city that's upwind (e.g. Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit...). Whatever weather that city has is our forecast for the next day.

Out west, there's only the Pacific Ocean so they don't have anyone to call. Therefore, the dartboard like Mike said. Your only chance is if the wind is from the due-North in which case they can call Calgary but that's an international call so they probably avoid making the call due to the long distance, international rates.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here a wintry mix means watch the temps and have the chains handy.:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wintery Mix is the winter equivalent of chance of rain 50%

A National Weather Administration offical once explained what this means.

Either there is a 50/50 chance everyone will get rain
OR
It will rain on about 50% of the reporting area.

This translates roughly to a very precise bit of forcasting;;;;;;

Either it will or it won't.:whistling: