• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It's going to be a white Christmas!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it finally happened. We've got 12"+ of new snow, but with high winds. The snow last night was wet and heavy, so I hope it will not blow as bad as a dry snow would. Still no school, and for the most part, paralised the state. But even though, We'll some how manage...:smile:

Lots of food and drink on hand, as well as the secret weapon the Snow Trac....

It's only 20 deg., not that cold really, except with high winds anyway. Mother nature is in control this AM, and I like it!!:clap:

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I heard some of that white stuff might find us tomorrow. Not 12"s though. :eek: We have not had that much on the ground for years. I kinda miss it but I'm not complaining.

Kane

Well it finally happened. We've got 12"+ of new snow, but with high winds. The snow last night was wet and heavy, so I hope it will not blow as bad as a dry snow would. Still no school, and for the most part, paralised the state. But even though, We'll some how manage...:smile:

Lots of food and drink on hand, as well as the secret weapon the Snow Trac....

It's only 20 deg., not that cold really, except with high winds anyway. Mother nature is in control this AM, and I like it!!:clap:

Regards, Kirk
I sure do miss Iowa blizzards. Not.

But your cold front is pushing down south, and it might get below 70 on Friday. BRRRRR

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd gladly give you all the snow slated for W PA if it was up to me!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure do miss Iowa blizzards. Not.

But your cold front is pushing down south, and it might get below 70 on Friday. BRRRRR

Well enough....but I am not that old....

Some how some way, this will have very little effect on things in the long run. I guess it's amatter of attitude. If we cann't do it today, we'll have to wait till tommarrow..

It will get done, just not exactly when and how it had been planned. Meanwhile those of us who like to play in the snow will take advantage of it!!

So many kids recieved new sleds last Christmas, and never had the chance to use them even once. I suppose I'll be using the snow trac this weekend to pull sledders up the local sledding hill.:wink:

For you Kane it's just another day with a cool breeze. No kids home from school, eveyone else going to work as usual. Maybe OK for you though. I'm just no "there" yet...

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We got RAIN. It was POURING all night last night beating on the roof and keeping me awake. The back field is flooded. The yard turned to mush. The temps are supposed to drop into the 20's and then later into the Teens, but I fear that it is too late for us.

Damn that Al Gore. Who invited him to winter anyway?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob - Do you have snow in your forecast starting tomorrow? I thought we all did. Our forecast is calling for 2-4" tomorrow through Friday.

Kids really want the snow. Personally, I just like the above freezing temps so I don't have to run the wood stove(s). I am running one now just to keep the dampness down and the chill off.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My tomorrow is Friday.:yum: We have a winter storm watch and 25 miles west at Wellsville they have a warning for 8-13" and high winds. I turned the slab heat on this morning to start warming the basement as they want 30+ mph winds for 3 days in a row. That will run the shit out of the wood boiler. I stacked some more this morning and will push more in under the roof with the skid steer and them cover it with some rubber roofing to keep it dry. Won't break my heart to see the mud freeze. Chickens are in the barn so it can blow all it wants.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
At least the wind won't be blowing as bad for you down in the valley. Get up on the ridgetop and it will be nasty. At least it blows half the lane almost bare coming from the west. When it is from the north it gets interesting along the woods.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had snow. It melted. Rain on and off for a few days. Started snowing again this morning. Just enough to make the ground white. Thinking a trip back to my hometown might be in order sometime over the holidays if I want to see snow. It's only 3 hours northeast of here but totally different weather pattern.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Its snowed 20" here at the cabin ( Scenic , Washingington ) in the last 48 hours . All in all I think we have had 8' feet in the last 10 days . The winter storm warning ends at 10am this morning .
I have some shoveling to do !

Yes there really is a town named Scenic .

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Right now it is pouring down rain here however that is supposed to turn to snow tonight. We had snow last year on Oct. 31st then warm weather for the next month and a half with little snow but a lot of rain.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It will get done, just not exactly when and how it had been planned.

My attitude exactly.

No snow here in East Texas and I'm glad for that.

It had been breezy for a couple of days but it got downright wild last night as the front came through. We had a torrential downpour and huge winds for about 30 minutes. I expected to lose power but apart from one blip we're still good.

Today, it's clear and sunny with the temp in the 40's but the wind is howling. It's blowing 30 mph with gusts over 50. It blew down a whole section of fence. I swear that mother nature keeps destroying it faster than I can fix it.

It's supposed to be in the 20's tonight but warming backup with highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's by the week-end. The wind is supposed to lay back down by tomorrow.

Life will be back to normal soon.

Excuse me but I've got to go pick up the old fence and put the post hole digger back on the little tractor. It also means a trip for fence posts and lumber sometime soon.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Crap! we just loaded the boiler and there is an inch on the ground already. So much for all the rain. With the wind blowing off the lakes this could keep up for 3 days. It is gusting over 35 now and supposed to really blow tomorrow. Wind chill is down to 12. Flannel jeans tomorrow baby! :clap:

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 108

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still no snow here. 50 mile per hour winds. But no snow.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowing here but lightly. Looking at the tops of the surrounding ridges, windy too.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We did not get much snow. YET! Wind is a bitch and should continue till Sunday. I heard my heat run a lot last night and the wind is swirling snow when it gusts hard. Areas just our west got more and will continue to as it comes off the lakes.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
there was loud wind earlier. ah! oh, guys. 'jus glimpsed through my windows. snow! flurries, 'cept we got snow!:w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just starting light snow again. As it circles in we will get some more but less than they predicted it seems.