• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bad Storms Heading Toward PA

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
pA.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly, that's good. I hope it hits us with a lot of rain. The storms of last weekend parted right around us and we're now in desperate need of rain. Everything is wilting.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Like Brian said, We really need the rain badly . But, the ground here is so dry and hard that I think a heavy rain would just run off instead of soaking in .

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
great. i figured. we've gotten 1 storm & a sprinkling of rain.
thanx, lollie.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Would be nice if they made it here but not likely. Was 86 when I left the hospital and it is supposed to get worse as the week goes on. Radar shows them on a path to go right below us again.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Lets hope Rusty strapped that new Hood down good and proper:yum::yum::yum:

Jokes aside stay safe guy's...shit you have it bad.:sad:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Gees, PG, it's about damn time. Now I hope it rains instead of blowing the roofs off houses, like it did just east of us the other day in Lancaster.
Lets hope Rusty strapped that new Hood down good and proper:yum::yum::yum:

Jokes aside stay safe guy's...shit you have it bad.:sad:

Dude I'm gonna have to tarp the car if it rains heavy. The hood needs a new rear seal and it won't be in until Thursday. If water runs down under the hood there, it will go right onto the brand new coil pack I just spent almost two hours replacing and ruin it. I will be seriously pissed off. So yes, bring us some rain, but a nice steady rain. No monsoon downpours, please!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John - looks like you got some good rain on the first wave. We just got a splash. That second wave of rain should give us more. :)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Quit being so picky! We need anything we get. Guys were standing in the river fishing near Corning where it is normally 3-4 ft. deep. They had beer coolers and were on dry ground. There are almost no tankers on the roads anymore since they shut down water withdrawals.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Gees, PG, it's about damn time. Now I hope it rains instead of blowing the roofs off houses, like it did just east of us the other day in Lancaster.

Dude I'm gonna have to tarp the car if it rains heavy. The hood needs a new rear seal and it won't be in until Thursday. If water runs down under the hood there, it will go right onto the brand new coil pack I just spent almost two hours replacing and ruin it. I will be seriously pissed off. So yes, bring us some rain, but a nice steady rain. No monsoon downpours, please!

slap a good tight bag of some sort over that coil pack over night just to be sure...just ffs remember to remove it before driving....we don't want to see this...but it does have nice fenders and bumpers:yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• 5490264962_587592300e_b.jpg
    5490264962_587592300e_b.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 130

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy shit! Musta got hammered in the rear. These aren't one of those cars known for spontaneous combustion. FFS they don't have Toyota emblems :yum:

Bill's car does :yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Quit being so picky! We need anything we get. Guys were standing in the river fishing near Corning where it is normally 3-4 ft. deep. They had beer coolers and were on dry ground. There are almost no tankers on the roads anymore since they shut down water withdrawals.

Oh I know. But I think Nixon is right about the heavy rain runoff VS soaking in. I'd love to see it just rain for a couple days, but I know that won't happen.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting a shower now and more crossing lake Erie should be here in a while. Good enough to wash out the satellite signal.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
John - looks like you got some good rain on the first wave. We just got a splash. That second wave of rain should give us more. :)

Brian, didn't get a lot in that first wave , maybe 10 minutes worth of light-moderate rain . Was glad to get that ! Hopefully We'll get some more shortly .

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Storm pooped out for our area. Looks like Bill is going to get the most if that cell over the lake holds up.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I see a line heading towards us right now, but it seems to be petering out. Tomorrow evening is when they are currently expecting the magic to happen out here, sotospeak.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a nice shower but not nearly enough. Hope this next batch holds together till it gets here. Seems the heavier rain went just SW of us again. Their corn is 4-5 ft. tall while ours is lucky to be 2-3. 20 miles makes a world of difference at times.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'd gone over a bridge & went as quickly as i could 20 blocks through the strip & realized rain was approaching & my umbrella wasn't w/ me. my friend called & they were literally a few blocks away. he dropped me by @ the last block i needed to get thru. block. so i went in, gave my resume, bolted so fast. made it to my block, thanking God i'd worn my wellies. a bolt clapped. then, as i reached near my place, all of a sudden, the dark clouds were one second before me 'an there was sunniness just ahead of me. i got in, & the storm just, just passed us on by. wow.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i'd gone over a bridge & went as quickly as i could 20 blocks through the strip & realized rain was approaching & my umbrella wasn't w/ me. my friend called & they were literally a few blocks away. he took me the last block. so i went in, gave my resume, bolted so fast. made it to my block, thanking God i'd worn my wellies. a bolt clapped. then, as i reached near my place, all of a sudden, the dark clouds were one second before me 'an there was sunniness just ahead of me. i got in, & the storm just, just passed us on by. wow.

Must b what's below me now. They are getting storm warnings south of the Mason Dixon.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my 1 friend said oakland got hit a 'lil, rusty. the clouds were being lazy, so i dunno where that storm went. it was heading over the rivers earlier- if i was looking north from the strip, facing liberty ave., they were going southwest. kinda overcast here. we'll see. i quit watching the weather & just listen to the locals. 'joe said it would!' was correct like twice.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Eh, it grazed us enough to show some cloud cover, nothing else happeneing. Now it's clear on the radar

So, what You are trying to say is ..... Thanks PG , You're no better at predicting the weather than NOAA !
I have to agree with You . But then Lorelei is does so many other things better . Wait, that sounds odd .

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
So, what You are trying to say is ..... Thanks PG , You're no better at predicting the weather than NOAA !
I have to agree with You . But then Lorelei is does so many other things better . Wait, that sounds odd .
LOL actually I like NOAA best of them all. Accuweather sucks and I refuse to watch the news anymore. Coud get some bad storms tomorrow, so maybe PG was just early :yum:

AndyM

Charter Member
We had a nice downpour between 1:00 and 2:00 pm, but it's been sunny since. I just got back from the grocery store with a wagon full of food and my two 4 year olds. Sunny, but very humid.

Fireworks start tonight at 9:45 pm.
Here's the latest from the Weather Channel...

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 117

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if it is PG's forecast or JEV blowing a lot of hot air out around Cleveland. Seems the storms just start sliding south after they pass him. Sure wish they would come east to us. The shower we had cooled things down but did not bring much moisture to us.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know if it is PG's forecast or JEV blowing a lot of hot air out around Cleveland. Seems the storms just start sliding south after they pass him. Sure wish they would come east to us. The shower we had cooled things down but did not bring much moisture to us.
Man it'd sure be nice to have a cooldown here :yum:
Why don't you FedEx me some of that cool air right stat pronto hahaha

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter

It's all PG . She's just posting this to get us all doing "the sky is falling " act .
She's cruel like that :whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Gretchen makes her do that!:whistling: Then they race to hide under the covers. Still not even getting sprinkles.:hammer: