• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker for Sale on KSL

utahwilson

Attachments

• 16479188.JPG
    16479188.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 788

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The seller must be seriously hurting for money or there's something he ain't telling us in that ad . That seems dirt cheap for a Tucker .....:ermm:. I would call him ASAP and get more information .

brianf

this machine is a great groomer and snow mover, but personal use cat it is a fairly large machine, all depends what use you have for it, if you are interested in machine you better act fast, as pricing for snowcats this year is higher than last year and machines seem to be selling fast

utahwilson

Agree, however seems like a killer price. I doubt we would use it for its potential. I am building a sled run on one of our hills. I'm sure the wife will say something ridiculous about being practical and selling the track-master first. :glare:

brianf

at the price they are asking, it may be worth a look, machine with a blade under 10,000 that is in decent shape, are a little hard to find, if the tracks and drive are good, it may be a good deal, 2 snowcats are always better than 1

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
sounds like a good deal and tuckers are capable vehicles i don't know if i wanted to give up my efficency just for head room. because i too am a full sized americain i was planning on getting 6 inch channel and unbolting the cab under the windows and in serting the channel in to raise the cab for more head room

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
When I see a factual error in an ad or listing the seller's credibility is gone and anything said is suspect.

A hemi engine in a 1979 Tucker, really? and a 360 cubic inch Hemi?

Look at the picture of the valve covers. That is a standard 360 engine. The classic Hemi's have very different cylinder heads that have huge valve covers and the spark plug wires go though the valve covers.

That ain't no Hemi. I wonder what else the seller is misrepresenting?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
When I see a factual error in an ad or listing the seller's credibility is gone and anything said is suspect.

Look at the picture of the valve covers. That is a standard 360 engine. The classic Hemi's have very different cylinder heads that have huge valve covers and the spark plug wires go though the valve covers.

And That folks is why I love this site . Members with knowledge who can point out stuff like this :clap:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

i to sa that but figured he didn't know classic chryslers because if the seller owns one of those new beer cans they call a truck than he is likely to have a 5.9 hemmi as dodge calls it and out of ignoance to hin all 360's are hemi's.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
This Tucker would be perfect for personal use and tighter trails IMO. http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/1509283983.html

My impression is the 1300 series machines with their short tracks are better suited for the midwest and northeast.

For example in the snowmobile world, sleds back there have short tracks with small track lugs, whereas out here the mountain class machines have much longer tracks with deeper lugs.