• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just released from Hospital ... hit by reckless driver

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Title pretty much sums it up

Details: I’m stopped in a line of traffic at a red light. I’m last car in the left lane. There is also a line on cars in right lane.

Woman comes up and apparently didn’t see any of us, or the signal? Fortunately she was not driving too fast. My trailer hitch and rear bumper did a nice job destroying her grill and bumper. Apparently my vehicle failed to get out of her way?

Anyway I turned down the ambulance ride. Called my insurance company and also informed my wife. Let both know my lower back was sore. Truck still driveable so I cancelled my plans and headed for the clinic for a quick check up. Pain was increasing and spread to my neck and also my right arm.

Clinic turned me away, called up to the urgent care center and told me to go there. Lots of xrays later I finally get to leave with muscle relaxers, pain pills and am told it will hurt worse tomorrow.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad you are OK, Mel. As for that pickup truck, damn dude, that thing has been hit now more times then the daily double. May be time to send it on its way.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Title pretty much sums it up

Details: I’m stopped in a line of traffic at a red light. I’m last car in the left lane. There is also a line on cars in right lane.

Woman comes up and apparently didn’t see any of us, or the signal? Fortunately she was not driving too fast. My trailer hitch and rear bumper did a nice job destroying her grill and bumper. Apparently my vehicle failed to get out of her way?

Anyway I turned down the ambulance ride. Called my insurance company and also informed my wife. Let both know my lower back was sore. Truck still driveable so I cancelled my plans and headed for the clinic for a quick check up. Pain was increasing and spread to my neck and also my right arm.

Clinic turned me away, called up to the urgent care center and told me to go there. Lots of xrays later I finally get to leave with muscle relaxers, pain pills and am told it will hurt worse tomorrow.

Glad you’re ok Bob.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you are OK, Mel. As for that pickup truck, damn dude, that thing has been hit now more times then the daily double. May be time to send it on its way.

I know. I actually walked around it looking to see if there were targets painted on it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy to report I am up and about today.

I feel 'banged up' with lots of little aches and pains all about my body but no single point of pain that I can point to as being a big problem. That is probably good news.

Overall I think I will survive.

Planning to head over to the workshop and put some touring windshields onto the motorcycles. I was told not to do any lifting or operate machinery, but I think I can handle a TORX head wrench to install a couple pieces of plastic.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Would it be a WAG that she was texting??
Mike

I do NOT believe she was texting.

She is an older woman, she did not know how to use her smartphone to snap a photo of my insurance card. I had to teach her. If she can't take a photo then I'd bet she was not texting and driving.

Might have been distracted by 10 other things in her vehicle, she seemed to use it as her office/kitchen/vehicle...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If her car was a mess, she's probably one of those sorts who has no sense of anything.
Disorderly surroundings, disorderly mind/focus.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If her car was a mess, she's probably one of those sorts who has no sense of anything.
Disorderly surroundings, disorderly mind/focus.

My guess too.

She must have been distracted by something but I doubt it was texting. I think she started to slow down but then ...

She was very nice, very apologetic, admitted fault, etc.

I'm just glad it was not at a higher speed.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know how I missed this. Sorry you had to go through that. Hope you're feeling better these days.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear you're OK Bob!
Are you getting a new truck out of this? This time, get something without targets on it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Like NR, I totally missed this.

All I have to say is stay the hell away from me. I haven't been rear ended in almost 20 years. Again it was an older person driving with his wife and little dog. Their big, old Lincoln actually went under the rear of my F350 truck. It totally destroyed their car and didn't do much to the truck. My neck muscles were a little sore for a couple of days from the whiplash but my wife, who was leaning forward at the time, hurt her neck pretty badly.

Glad you were able to get away from it without too much physical injury.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All is good with me. I'm still old and crabby. So the doctors at the emergency room only treated me for the accident.

Truck is fixed, good as new.