• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Winter is coming on fast !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The last week it turned here . You can feel it in the air . Nights are now in the 30's . Might rain tonight and that will be snow in the high country . Its earlier than I remember from the past . Squirrels have moved under ground for the winter . Indians say "White Man " is cutting firework and a lot of it . That's a sign of a long winter for sure .All my wood is safely stacked and ready for use . Chimney is clean . Geese are moving out .
This is the first year in a long time that I am ready .

Garage is cleaned , so there is plenty of room for mama's rig and mine too !:clap:All the ranch roads are graded and ready for snow removal . New RV garage is up . Tractors are being serviced and stored for winter . House is oiled and all the windows are washed
Kristi KT7 Snowcat is now parked outside the shop for some needed tuning and prep work .

Strange part is the Elk seem to have vanished ????? I have not seen one on the ranch in a month and a half now . Saw 6 way down river a week ago . Something has them stirred up . I may end up going on a scouting trip to find them . We have our hunters coming in 4 weeks and they expect to see Elk . I'll find them one way or the other .....:unsure:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we had snow in denali park and brooks range up to 8 inches and blizzard conditions this year. I hope it means lots of snow this year

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am amazed at the leaves that are turning and falling already. Starting to think the almanac is right with their prediction.

Attachments

• almanac.jpg
    almanac.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 162

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Still in the uper 90shere in mid MO. Im hoping it stays that way for a while!! Im not ready for summer to be over just yet!!!!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
27F at the mountain home in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming this am. Colors are changing and fall is in the air. Snow is forecast for the middle of next week. Winter may come early this year and I am ready. :whistling:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
humid & too warm here. let that snow pour! please! Dear Lord, we lack snow. i so miss wintertime.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Two weeks ago...we were in the 90s....this week highs in the 80s....saw last night highs to be in the 70s and the lows in the lower 40s ??????:unsure:.....winter is creeping upon us!!!! I truly wish you boys up in Alaska would just keep the cold weather up there!!!!!:glare:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree ....it would not bother me a bit if they kept the cold and snow up there. So far we've only got down to the upper 50's but we know it's coming. Heck it's still summer time till Sept 20th. I'm sure not ready for winter. I'm hoping for another weekend or two of boating w/ 80 degree temps.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Plus 5 celcius here right now. Only supposed to hit 8 today. Far cry from the +37 celcius average temps we experienced in South Carolina a few weeks ago.

Leni

Last week it was the heat and humidity from hurricane Norbert. Today it is going into the 100's. It is predicted to be that way well into next week.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Winter arrived this morning in Wyoming. The NWS forecasters were right. About 6 inches of wet sloppy snow and no electrical power this am with tree branches breaking all over town with the weight of snow and leaves.
IMG_20140911_085821.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh wow. You can keep it. Though we aren't far behind you. +1 this morning. Hint of snow yesterday for my old hometown 3 hrs away.