• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Protestors; Don't mess with old people

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I got this from a Canadian friend.

This wonderful story moved me to share it with you. It might be time that
all protestors re-evaluate their position in life.

THE UMBRELLA - A TOUCHING STORY
On a rainy afternoon, a group of protesters were gathered outside the grocery store
handing out pamphlets on the“evils” of America. I politely declined to take one.
There was an elderly woman behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered
her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.
The young protester gently put her hand on the old woman's shoulder and in a patronizing
voice said, "Don't you care about the children of Iraq?"
The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II,
I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam All three died so a naive, ignorant,
self-centered bimbo like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country,
and if you touch me again, I'll shove this umbrella up your ass and open it."

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I got this from a Canadian friend.

This wonderful story moved me to share it with you. It might be time that
all protestors re-evaluate their position in life.

THE UMBRELLA - A TOUCHING STORY
On a rainy afternoon, a group of protesters were gathered outside the grocery store
handing out pamphlets on the“evils” of America. I politely declined to take one.
There was an elderly woman behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered
her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.
The young protester gently put her hand on the old woman's shoulder and in a patronizing
voice said, "Don't you care about the children of Iraq?"
The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II,
I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam All three died so a naive, ignorant,
self-centered bimbo like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country,
and if you touch me again, I'll shove this umbrella up your ass and open it."

That is a touching story. I am moved by the elderly lady's response. She sounds like my kind of woman. :clap:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
at my age I see one word missing from the lady's response. That is "SIDEWAYS". At least that is how it would have been down here in Texas!! Have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!