• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cut and hung drywall, (Green board) in the new powder room. Painted out the windows and the "Borrow Lite."

I hate little rooms, they are more work than big ones. Two more sheets to go and the wet wall is done. Vanity, Sink, and toilet may go in without taping and paint. Just so we can use it whilst waiting for money and permits to do the bump out with a shower tub.

Sorry but I'm no good with pictures.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Geez, feeling the effects from yesterday.
Going out and about today to get some away time to myself... if only for a couple of hours.
Haircut and a manicure.
That's the ticket!
:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from yesterday!!!!!

At the farm my S-I-L had two big, old pecan trees cut down that were starting to be a danger to the house. Not being one to pass up a freebie I decided to snaffle all the branches and limbs that would be a good size for the smoker. Jeez, that was a mistake. I cut and loaded two full 8' pick-up bed loads plus a 6' trailer, transported them to the house, unloaded and stacked them. My wife came along and was a great help. I don't think that I could have done it without her. Now we have enough wood to keep the smoker going for the next 20 years and have a blazing fire any time we want. Lord, my back hurts.

One of the reasons that I dislike spring is all the mechanical woes associated with taking equipment out of winter storage. I used the little tractor on Saturday to spread a 1,000# of fertilizer on the yard. When I went to use it on Sunday to move the wood around, it had a flat. It took a little while to get that sorted out. I started to fill the front end loader with wood and I noticed a pretty rainbow glistening in the sun and hanging over the front of the tractor. A leak in one of the hydraulic hoses. That's a job for this week. I didn't want to change out the grapple on the big tractor so we did all the unloading the old fashioned way, by hand. It took a little while to do.

My wife is actually in better shape today than I am.

And so spring begins. Where's the Aleve. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I'd have loved a gin and tonic or a Glennie with ginger ale, but this is a dry house.

Actually, grandmas are allowed to have a tipple. It's in their job description. :eatdrink:

My grandmother, the woman from hell, used to have a small "toddy", for medicinal purposes, every evening before going to bed. She lived to be 92 years old. With the amount I drink every night, I should be good to reach at least 150. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Feeling the effects of the whole easter weekend. Leg and back are throbbing. New medication is giving me a splitting migraine and wicked heartburn. I actually napped in the chair for 3 hours yesterday on and off and already an hour today.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, grandmas are allowed to have a tipple. It's in their job description. :eatdrink:

My grandmother, the woman from hell, used to have a small "toddy", for medicinal purposes, every evening before going to bed. She lived to be 92 years old. With the amount I drink every night, I should be good to reach at least 150. :yum:

Well alrighty then.
One of these here days I'll go on a bender and say this Scotsman from Texas gave me permission.
:yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished my taxes. Off to the accountant tomorrow to drop them off. I do everything I can to do nothing wrong and still I panic and shake every time tax season comes around. The IRS simply scares the living hell out of me. Can't explain it but I'm quite literally shaking and all I did was try (and fail) to fill out some papers for the accountant based on income, etc. Tell me again the story about how the IRS doesn't use fear to collect taxes? I don't object to paying, but damn, every year I go into an irrational panic.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I try not to even think about tax time. My wife works for the CRA which is the equivilant of the IRS. I let her deal with it all.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I try not to even think about tax time. My wife works for the CRA which is the equivilant of the IRS. I let her deal with it all.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

In 33-years in this country, I have never done an income tax return. Nah, I'm not going to jail. My wife has always done them. She refuses to let me deal with the IRS in any shape or form. She can remember how I used to mess the British Inland Revenue around and she says she doesn't want to end up in the slammer. She says that the British tax man is civilized but the American IRS plays for keeps. Actually, I think that she is just a control freak. :bolt:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Drinking coffee right now and waiting for the kiddies to rouse.
So far that bad weather system is staying south.
Walked outside and saw the cardinals on the feeder and my eagle friend riding the wind and screeching.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Coffee with my fellow deplorables, then went shopping for a 3/4" chuck hammer drill for a summer project. Then picked up a battery for my digital micrometer so I can reload some 5.56 for a friend, as I no longer own any firearms whatsoever. So the reloads are NOT for me at all. Done for the day. :th_lmao:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
imbibing--

:clap: me too

My body is sore. A bit of whiskey seems to help ease the pain. Started with 113 proof Barrel Bourbon, Batch 13. Its really good and smooth. 2 ounces of that. Shifted to Col EH Taylor 100 proof "Small Batch" for 2 more ounces. EH Taylor Small Batch is easier to find and costs less, so I started with really good stuff and shifted to good, but lower priced stuff because I'm cheap!

Coffee with my fellow deplorables, then went shopping for a 3/4" chuck hammer drill for a summer project. Then picked up a battery for my digital micrometer so I can reload some 5.56 for a friend, as I no longer own any firearms whatsoever. So the reloads are NOT for me at all. Done for the day. :th_lmao:

Lost all mine in a tragic boating accident on Lake Michigan :hammer:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up just as sore this morning.

But I need to get softener salt and pick up a roll of chicken wire.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sore. Have my fitness program this morning. Then off to 3 different appointments. Should be done by supper. Then a trip to the hospital to visit my brother.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Annual foot doctor appt. this morning. Good news, the bad foot is not getting any worse so that is as good as it can be. Raining and high wind alerts posted for today. Good day to stay in and make boolits for my friend.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, the wind was roaring this morning.
It's double loud in a big old farm house.:yum:

I've been picking beans this morning to make Senate Bean Soup.
Nothing exciting happening today.
I'll be away for a day or two; leaving in the morning to spend some time with an old friend.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy!
Had a marvelous day with the divine Ms T.
Shopping and eating ...our usual thing.
Had an omg! Monte Cristo sandwich at Cheddar's.
Got a text that number 2 wee bug was sick so home I came like a good granny nurse :yum:
Ty is in Detroit or as he refers to it "Shitholio".
He won't get in til the wee hours.
It was nice to get away and have girl time .. even for a day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Friday!
Chilly today.
Apparently there is some snow coming this weekend.
Umm, had a visitor.
Ground Hog?

Attachments

• 20180405_170026-521x520-208x208.jpg
    20180405_170026-521x520-208x208.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 63

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Flooding here. Roads were underwater yesterday by noon. I made it out for a doc appt, but when I came back I could not pass. After trying two different ways that were both under water I gave up and had to drive an extra 15 miles to get around the high water and make it home.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes Doc, the Maumee is up too.
As you can see in the varmint pic, the field next door has standing water.

Oh, Ty got home at 2am and just left again.
He's got the energy of 2 men and never loses his cool.
There are several tow companies in the area, but his and John's are the best.
And that's not me being partial- they are.:yum:

Elaina is getting a cold I think, plus she's teething.
I told Allison to go back to bed and get some rest.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
-9 with a -20 windchill here in the great white north. Just finished an hour of cardio and stretching at the gym. Off to physio then an orthodontist appointment for one of the kiddies. After that pick up some wood for a couple smaller projects. One is a longer coat rack for the kids to hold all their school bags and jackets etc. The other is a guitar stand to hold 5 guitars. The one I have now only holds 3. All of this will be made of pine.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to quit mowing yesterday when I was only about half finished. My back was starting to hurt and I didn't want to cripple myself with our grand daughter coming in for a few days. Not a problem. I'd finish it today. Yes a problem. Went outside this morning and it was grey and damp, just short of drizzling. There was rain and storms in the forecast but not starting until tonight. I should have finished the mowing yesterday and taken a couple of rainy days to recover. Another good decision. Ah well.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
3 appointments this morning. Then went to lowes for some wood. Started at 1pm and by 3pm the new coat rack for the kids was built stained and installed. It's not fancy but will do the trick. It's a bit longer than the old one. Next is ship 2 kids off to their biodad for the weekend then back out to the garage to build the guitar stand. It'll be similar to the second picture.
28446ff75ba8ad882d078c84f840200c.jpg
ae3c6da70ba646ceb3292ce01d31b39e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.