• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fuel line hose for Skidozer (Boggie. . .)

kgracey

Hey all,

Looking for a fuel hose for my Skidozer. Napa Auto Parts told me "it's something strange, maybe from France" and they only had one side of the fitting and the hose, but not the second side of the fitting.

This hose is for a 1979 Skidozer 302HD. It connects the two fuel filters to the engine block. It's about 19" long. The hose is labelled Aeroquip FC 355 on one side and JI402 on the other side.

The Napa guy tells me that one side's fitting is JIC (a hydraulic fitting) and the other side may be 9mm 1.25 pitch.

Pictures are below. Anybody know where I can get one? Boggie, out there?

Thanks,

Ken

Attachments

• Fuel Hose.jpg
    Fuel Hose.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Connection to filter block.jpg
    Connection to filter block.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Connection to engine block.jpg
    Connection to engine block.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 204

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Ken,

Any hydraulic shop should be able to fix you up. That is just a standard hydraulic hose and fittings.

Shouldn't be any problems in getting one.

Good luck

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey all,

Looking for a fuel hose for my Skidozer. Napa Auto Parts told me "it's something strange, maybe from France" and they only had one side of the fitting and the hose, but not the second side of the fitting.

This hose is for a 1979 Skidozer 302HD. It connects the two fuel filters to the engine block. It's about 19" long. The hose is labelled Aeroquip FC 355 on one side and JI402 on the other side.

The Napa guy tells me that one side's fitting is JIC (a hydraulic fitting) and the other side may be 9mm 1.25 pitch.

Pictures are below. Anybody know where I can get one? Boggie, out there?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken, just got my Computer up it has been down for a day............ The one end is common Jic- the other is strange can the other end just be changed out to a more common fitting? we do not have this in stock.

It looks to me like those are both JIC fittings that are not crimped but are threaded on to the hose and are reusable. The one odd looking one appears to have the "B" nut portion already removed. Are you sure when you removed the hose you didn't leave part of the fitting still attached to the machine?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks to me like those are both JIC fittings that are not crimped but are threaded on to the hose and are reusable. The one odd looking one appears to have the "B" nut portion already removed. Are you sure when you removed the hose you didn't leave part of the fitting still attached to the machine?

Alaska snow cat I think you are right those are reuseable ends that are two pc. and the one screws into the other.

kgracey

AlaskaSnowCat and Boggie,

You solved my problem. There was another M/M threaded insert in the fuel filter housing which I was able to remove. Then, I took the whole pile of parts to Napa and they were able to solve my problem.

Because I had to reach into the engine from the back I couldn't see that there was another part left in the fuel filter housing.

Thanks again guys!