• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spryte on CL Reno

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
right by me as well... :)

I wonder if there is anything else missing, since the cab dont look like the original one...

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
The photos of the orange upper cab sections make me wonder if it's misidentified as a Thiokol?

There was a fellow in Salt Lake City named Bill Salt and he built and sold "Salt Cats". They resembled the Thiokol Spryte model with some cab differences. Bill Salt was also the founder of Lite-Foot snowcats and perhaps this would be considered one of those. I don't know, but that would explain the upper cab...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The upper cab shown is obviously fiberglass..

But the rest seems to be pure Sprite/Thiokol..

Price is right if it is all there, and lots has been done already. Seems a shame the project came to a halt.

Didn't Bill Salt's Cats feature the Studabaker Weasel two speed rear diff.?

Regards, Kirk

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk,

Here's a photo of a Lite-Foot. Notice the similarity of the fiberglass upper cab to the photos in the craigslist listing. Also notice below the headlights there is a diagonal piece of sheetmetal that's slightly curved where it approaches the radiator area.

Now look at the craigslist listing. On the last photo you'll see a diagonal support brace. Look at the first photo in the listing and you'll see there is no such brace on a Thiokol.

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 412

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good eyes, and yes your right. The dash, the rear look Spritish...

I was aware of several of his that had the Weasel rear he built, and was under the impression that perhaps they all shared that feature...

The top of the cab are a lot like the lite foot rigs to.

Regards, Kirk

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lightfoot was my first guess, as I remember not to long ago one was on sale for $25k on Reno's CL as well, I think it was one that Tom was selling (guy that I met by Bowman Lake in Cali).

Front glass & frame looks Lightfoot, but doors definetely either been modded, or something I've not seen before at least.

That step must be a custom add-on as well.

I'm talking with the seller, would like to find out whats all missing, and if this is something I could put together, after all my 1450 is gone, so I'll have time to mess with another one.

Kirk,

Here's a photo of a Lite-Foot. Notice the similarity of the fiberglass upper cab to the photos in the craigslist listing. Also notice below the headlights there is a diagonal piece of sheetmetal that's slightly curved where it approaches the radiator area.

Now look at the craigslist listing. On the last photo you'll see a diagonal support brace. Look at the first photo in the listing and you'll see there is no such brace on a Thiokol.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
If anyone could put it back together better than new, it's Nikson Cat restofab company (NCRC) I would want to know why the bail? Did the owner find something fatal? Or a simple "i'm in over my head already".

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tom,

I might just have to name it that way - NCRC :yum: good name thou...

I've emailed back and forth with him, and he says its just something that slowly gotten away from him I guess, he didnt have enough time to commit due to job/work, thus project got lengthy (6-7 years now from what I hear).

One problem I have is having to fix someone else's stuff, its one thing when you take it apart, but another when you have to put together something that another took apart... :hammer::hammer::hammer:

So time will show... If he dont sell it by end of november, I might just go get it...

If anyone could put it back together better than new, it's Nikson Cat restofab company (NCRC) I would want to know why the bail? Did the owner find something fatal? Or a simple "i'm in over my head already".

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not trying to be a downer, just sharing some experience, From what I remember in conversation with you, towing was high on your requirement list.

Having Owned/ towed /operated both a C model spryte and a A model spryte, A Spryte is not a Spryte.

The A models are light on their feet and nimble as all get out. a late C model is a beast.
Just as I would not anticipate grooming with a A model, I would not travel briskly towing a C model.

Happy shopping.... shopping is the part I enjoy the most.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not trying to be a downer, just sharing some experience, From what I remember in conversation with you, towing was high on your requirement list.

Having Owned/ towed /operated both a C model spryte and a A model spryte, A Spryte is not a Spryte.

The A models are light on their feet and nimble as all get out. a late C model is a beast.
Just as I would not anticipate grooming with a A model, I would not travel briskly towing a C model.

Happy shopping.... shopping is the part I enjoy the most.

So this seems to be on the heavy side?

Towing preferences shifted, as I have access to diesel trucks now

mkntrakes

I got a measurement from him it is a wide track frame and diff everything from frame was built buy someone possibly a salt modification but who knows

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a measurement from him it is a wide track frame and diff everything from frame was built buy someone possibly a salt modification but who knows

Reminds me of a sign in a shop on the hourly rate for repairs

$50 to repair
$75 if you watch
$100 if you help
$150 if you worked on it first and couldnt do it...

:yum::yum::yum:

It will be a challenge for anyone to take over another man's project (generally speaking), but I would have to see it in person before I would consider it for sure... :)