• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Best place to buy replacement track belting?

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I need to replace the belts on my Spryte. They are sun damaged and ugly. I've checked around a bit and so far $375 each punched plus shipping. I need 8 strips. There must be someplace less expensive than that.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
conveyor belt, have them (belt dealer) cut to width and punch yourself. Still going to be bucks, but not that much. Search earlier posts on belting for dealers that are willing to work with you.

snowcatt

Give me the the type of belt your looking for. Look on a goodyear site plus width ,length, hole centers and spacing plus hole size

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Looking for 3 ply, 600 TS belting ( good year)

Currently using 2 ply 220 TS belting. Not sure who makes it but it's pretty weak.

My dimensions are 5" wide with 2 holes on 3" centers across the belt and 4" pitch (hole spacing running the length of the belt). I have 73 grousers per side but need to measure or calculate an overall length still. I'm guessing about 25' each.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
unless you just want it pretty you only need to replace the center belts those are the ones that do all the work. the out side ones are just for floatation. my Thiokol contact told me the ski slopes used to get 3 or 4 inner belt changes to one outer belt change. I believe the belts that came with my 2100 came from fall line the belts were good quality and properly punched. I made a template so I could punch the next set of belts I do for it.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There are several belting suppliers in Seattle, and a couple more in Tacoma. They will usually punch them for you. So far all the belting / Tracks, that I have purchased from the Conveyor suppliers have been from one half, to one eight of the price and the belting was as good or better than the factory stuff.
Do NOT use an old belt as a template to punch out a new belt. The old one is streched and the irregular or incorrect spacing will lead to high sprocket wear and detracking.
Most of the Belting suppliers are selling long conveyors, often miles long, and have Scraps, or "Rems" (remenants), that are great for a track vehicle that only needs 20 foot of belting. They are more than glad to sell the shorty pieces that they would normally be throwing out.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I'll give some local suppliers a call.

So far, I've been quoted $475 per strip for three ply and 225 shipping. Punched and ready to go.... ouch!

He also offered a 2ply belt for $325 each plus 225 shipping

Another said they could do 3 ply for 385 each punched plus shipping

Could you post a picture and dimensions of your jig? I could make one up and punch my own if I find a local supplier in Seattle for belts.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
A few years ago I did some prliminary research on track belting. From what I found it is definitely NOT as simple as getting some generic "conveyor belting"; at least not if you want to do it properly.

Belting is designed to meet certain criteria such as the temperature range it will be oprated in, as well as the minimum bend radius. They also specify the numper of plys and the thickness of the top and bottom covers as well as the overall thickness. (That's what comes to mind, but there was a bunch of information.)

There have been a few threads on the forum about track belting and I would encourage you to look those over...

snowcatt

I have good Year plylon plus 3 ply on one track machine and now I put Goodyear pathfinder 220 on the other machine the goodyear dealer told my pathfinder is stronger and a better belt it comes in 330 ,. How do your belts connect ? overlap or splice

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Mine is splice connected using a 1/4" bolt through the connectors.
I'll try and post some pictures tonight and you guy's can get a better idea of what I'm dealing with. I need to measure my drive sprocket too. One of the distributors I spoke with said that the 3 ply belt doesn't like anything under about 10" diameter at the base of the teeth. On smaller sprockets he was actually thinking that 2 ply may be better. He also said he sells lots of 3 ply for snowcats. I hope to have his price today and will share it with you guys.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I've used Flexco 375 Series Bolt Hinged Fasteners to connect belt ends (or to splice in a repair section of belt).

(I think that's pretty much what everyone uses.)

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
keep us or me up to date on this. I to need 5.5" three ply for my pistonbully and live in Washington.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm betting his lacing connectors are 5/16 as that is what mine are and lacing is the only way to go on the wider tracks the sprockets are 12 to 14 inches and are well over 10 inches so 3 ply should work fine. if you need some I have some NOS. sprockets on the shelf

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Here's a few pics of my worn out tracks to look at while I am waiting for bids on new belts. Looks like bolts, washers and nuts will run $210 plus shipping. I will need to weld repair 4 grousers . I haven't taken off the tracks yet so my overall length measurement may be off a couple inches. Is there a standard length I should order? My tracks have 71 grouser bars each. It appears that the sliding front axle has quite a bit of adjustment.

20140516_175445.jpg

20140516_181438.jpg

20140516_181122.jpg

20140516_180436.jpg

20140516_180057.jpg

20140516_175929.jpg

20140516_175854.jpg

20140516_175749.jpg

20140516_175742.jpg

20140516_175716.jpg

20140516_175625.jpg

20140516_175544.jpg

20140516_175531.jpg

20140516_175509.jpg

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a link to my thread on belt suppliers from last year.

I ended up buying belts from Mountain Services Group and was happy with the process and product -- they were good people to work with. They ran a "summer maintenance sale" or some such last spring and I was able to shave a little off the price. I don't know for sure, but would expect them to do the same this year.

I purchased the belts pre-drilled. I know that you can save a couple bucks by drilling them yourself, but I didn't want to mess with jigs, spend the time, or run the risk that I'd bobble it somehow.

I haven't actually rebuilt my tracks yet. I currently have all the necessary parts, but I'm usually better at preparing for projects than actually executing them.

Ron

snowcatt

Hi Go on line to Goodyear conveyor belting then go to above ground belting and see which one you want and let me know and i will price them for you and Like i said my dealer said pathfinder is stronger than plylon plus and can be used on smaller sprockets The specs are on line . Your belts are connected with Flexco Bolt Hinged go to Flexco and you will see them. They come in steel and stainless and are not cheap Where do you live and area code ? I need to know to give you a shipping cost.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Shipping would be to Anacortes, Washington 98221

I would be curious on a price for both pathfinder and pylon plus. The spec sheets down really mention anything about cold weather application. They do talk about minimum pulley diameters on the spec sheets though and depending on percent of load, even 14" is getting down there.

Which Goodyear product are the track folks selling? My guess is that either Pylon plus or pathfinder would work equally well.

My thoughts are low temps, UV resistant, 12" - 14" bend radius, bolted hinges, low stretch and rock resistant.

If you recently bought Goodyear belting for your tracks, which line they sell you?

snowcatt

I have 2 Bombardier Bombi's The guy sold me plylon plus 375 which is over kill for a bombi I had to shave off the rubber on the over lap to stop the thumping when the joint went around the sprocket .
When I talked to him on the phone and placed the order i didn't know to much about belting at the time and he didn't know what I was putting it on . For the second machine I went down there and saw him we went through and he showed me all the different types of belting . And he suggested
Pathfinder 400 2 for my machine . My sprockets are 9" The plylon plus 375 7/16 thick works fine other than the lap . Even in -40 and has about 3/16 of rubber for rock protection . The pricing on Pathfinder and plylon plus are almost the same

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I received a quote today from International Belt and we're getting much closer to finding an affordable solution.

They quoted 8 strips of 3 ply Goodyear Plylon Plus 23' 5 1/2" long for $255.90 each with holes punched or $190.90 not punched.

This price includes new Flexco connectors on each strip.

This material is the nylon/polyester weave with a 3/16" top coat and a 1/16" bottom coat for flexibility and durabilty. Overall thickness is 7/16" and its 330 piw rated.

He doesn't have the pathfinder belting in stock but prefers the Plylon anyway.

I also ordered a full set of 5/16" grade 8 yellow bolts, nuts and double washers from Fastenal for $350.

I'm making a hole punch template on the laser cutting table at work that should do the trick.

Let the fun begin!:tiphat:

20140518_083153.jpg

snowcatt

that is a good price . my guy charges $90 a belt for punching . And if that includes the Flexco connectors thats as good as it gets
Do you have a picture of the machine I would like to see it

Good luck

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I talked to you last January at the Snowcat jamboree. I got the belts for my 1402 IMP at Hoffmeyer in Seattle. http://www.hoffmeyerco.com/ I got 4 belts, 3/8 thick X 8 inches wide and 18 - 1/2 feet long 2 ply. You will need something thicker and longer with more plys. They have a lot of samples to choose from. The guy at the Seattle office was very helpful. Snowcat tracks are relatively short and narrow as conveyor material goes so they can usually make it out of leftover scraps. Mine were only a couple hundred bucks for 4 belts and were shipped from Portland fairly inexpensively. I did the drilling and lacing myself. Hoffmeyer has the required rotary punch which worked really well in a cordless drill for about $15. The most expensive part of the job was the new hardware. I got all of that at Tacoma Screw.
Good luck!

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Here's a quote that I received from Capital Rubber:

"We thank you for your inquiry and quote as follows:

Plyon Plus with Flexco Fasteners or equal

8 pcs. 5” Wide X 23 ft. 5-1/2” Long

Alternate:
2-ply 220 3/16 X 1/16 with #375 Bolt Hinge Fasteners $ 178.78 ea.
3-ply 330 3/16 X 1/16 with #375 Bolt Hinge Fasteners $ 193.36 ea.

Lead time 7-10 days

Thank you
Best regards,

Barbara Feldman
Capital Rubber Corp
(630) 595-6644
(630) 595-1411 (Fax)
www.capitalrubbercorp.com

and here is the quote I received from Hoffmeyer in Seattle:

"8 ea 5" Wide X 23'-5-1/2" Long 3/330 3/16" X 1/16" 122.50 each or
$980.00 total punched with 142 holes per belt recessed 1" from edge"

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I opted to go with Hoffmeyer and they have been excellent to work with. I went ahead and had them punch all the holes and supply the hinges. From the time of order they had them ready for pick up in a week.
IMG950196.jpg

Try Falline products! I purchased from them for my tucker:wink:
I need to replace the belts on my Spryte. They are sun damaged and ugly. I've checked around a bit and so far $375 each punched plus shipping. I need 8 strips. There must be someplace less expensive than that.