• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat for sale in Reno

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I smell a wee-bit of snowcat snobbery going on!
Mustn't we be politically correct regarding snowcats too????? ;O
"I appreciate this snowcat's lineage... as powerful and substantial as it is... however... I feel another type is slightly more appropriate for my functional needs."
LOL
We've really gotta get away from this whole 600-series fetish... there are so many nice snowcats out there... I think people should start looking away from the nasty old, temperamental, unreliable, eccentric 600-series and look to the broader base...more modern...more reliable... more parts... quiet... hydro... cushy seats...lots of acoustic insulation (and even thermal insulation!), did I mention the cusy seats?... etc., etc...
"Nothin to see here folks...move along..." (Airplane)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, you need to get out of the 60x hobby. I'm here to help you, buddy. :wave: Send the command codes, crypto key, passwords, secret handshake, landmine map, and whatever else I need to enter Mainerland so that I can haul off that old rickety junk for you. :tiphat:

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
oh, if only it was a business that could make money! Unfortunately... not... just an obsession that is a bottomless money pit. 8( I should just dump them now and save myself before it all goes to he**. Now, Boggie, Topper, and Trans have the genius to easily make viable businesses... for me? Just a commie hobby. ;) D'oh!

I see it as...what greater fun to restore something as funky as snowcats... all other vehicles are boring in comparison!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Business, hobby, whatever. I'm here to help.

Of course, I may need help as well. :pat: Another Kristi has entered my stable. :doh:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
To be posted later, maybe tomorrow.

Still two more out there in my sights, and even two more on the radar.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
A-N-I-M-A-L !!! But yes...yes... that's right... MORE KRISTIS... bad 6-series...bad, bad, bad 6-series...
I think you caught the buyer-virus when you toured the factory... see, I didn't get to see the factory... that's where all the goodies are I'm sure! Now that's it... like Boggie... you'll probably buy 5+ cats per month from now on!
New T-Shirts: "Say NO to another snowcat!"

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
To be posted later, maybe tomorrow.

Still two more out there in my sights, and even two more on the radar.

if they're that great, why are so many owners willing to offload on - er, I mean share - their dead Kristis with you?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
If they were so willing to offload them, I'd have the others by now. Jimminy crickets, some of these guys think their sleds are worth their weight in gold. :pat: I think I spent way too much for this last one. Oh, well, gotta feed the need. Mainer knows what I'm talkin' 'bout. :rolf2:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I understand completely, then.
I built a house to justify my tool habit.
this spring I need to build a garage/shop to put the tool in that I justified buying to help build the house that was built to justify the tools I already had - and of course, I'll need a few new tools to build the shop... (at least I'm realistic enough to know I'll not be able to convince the wife to let me buy a backhoe for this project, although it would make digging the foundations much simpler...)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, but it's way the heck up there. The 'firm' asking price coupled with the cost to transport it here means it ain't gonna happen. :sad:

BTW, thanks for hosting the manuals. :thumb: :tiphat:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
That rig has been for sale for a long time but asking price has dropped $3K over the months...although it had originally started with trailer for even more I believe... who knows...someone will probably pick it up one of these days... backhaul out of AK for not too much... it seems a bit tinkered with... maybe for the better...but would be interesting to know how many hours/miles it's done and some better photos including interior.