• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

john-in-ga wishes to sign on

john-in-ga

Site Supporter
Hi Y’all,

I’m going to attempt to answer the questions Doc asked us new comers to answer. Can only hope that I’ll be allowed to remain on this forum irregardless of some of my answers, as this looks like a very entertaining and informative site.

Doc ask : >How'd you hear of ForumsForums?
I was invited here by a friend that I used to hangout with on another forum. “Hang” being the keyword - they (the other forum) hung us (metaphorically speaking). I won’t name the friend or forum in an effort to protect the innocent.

Doc ask : >What part of the world are you from?
I am from South Georgia. The one in the USA. Can not believe anyone would think someone beginning a post with “Hi Y’all” would be mistaken as to being from Russia, but you never know.

Doc ask : >What is your favorite color?
Color? What’s color? Yes, I am truly color blind due to a gene that more than likely, I’m told, come from my mother’s side of the family. If you want me to indicate a tractor preference - I own a Ford and a John Deere. Yes, I know you are wondering, if he is color blind how does he tell them apart? Easy, I have the wheels set out wide on the John Deere and set narrow on the Ford. If I forget which is wide and which is narrow (and at my age I sometimes do) I ask my wife. (She is good at colors, or, at least, she tells me she is?????) Actually, I like all tractors no matter the color or wheel spacing.

Doc ask :What pets do you have?
I don’t have any pets. Not any that any of you would view as legitimate pets. There are a few deer running around on my place that I wish I didn’t have, but I’ll not get up on my soap box and opine as to what I think should happen to all the deer in Georgia, USA --especially, those that frequent my garden/pea patch every spring, summer, fall, winter and all times in between.

Doc said: ………… and any other off the wall tidbits you feel like sharing.
Not sure this is “off the wall” but it is a little tidbit that might give a hint as to my age. I have three of the prettiest granddaughters there is, bar none. The oldest finishes high school this term. The youngest is in kindergarten this term. All three are much smarter than their Grandpa.

Hope all Y'all have a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Archdean

J-in-G, Glad your here as to your friend , he has already had one run in so-to-speak but you would of already surmised that!!:D

Dean

BoneheadNW

John-

First off, Welcome to The Twilight Zone. Some of us are on the more bizarre side but we have our serious types too. I would like to refer you to the Frappr site to see a map of where in the world (U.K. and Australia included) some of our members live (pictures can be posted on the bottom of the page too).
Frappr map
Feel free to add yourself to the map and post pics.
I would ask you to step up to the bar so I can fix you a drink but my wife has parked herself in the livingroom, glued to the T.V. watching "Survivor" and I can't get to the bar. Some other time, I guess.
Welcome again and don't be shy. :coolshade

Bonehead

john-in-ga

Site Supporter
Archdean said:
J-in-G, Glad your here as to your friend , he has already had one run in so-to-speak but you would of already surmised that!!:D

Dean

I'm glad to be here. As for my friend, hope the "run in" wasn't with any of our "old friends".

Take care Buddy and

Keep on.........Keeping on..........

john-in-ga

Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:

Frappr map
Feel free to add yourself to the map and post pics.
I would ask you to step up to the bar so I can fix you a drink but my wife has parked herself in the livingroom, glued to the T.V. watching "Survivor" and I can't get to the bar. Some other time, I guess.
Welcome again and don't be shy. :coolshade

Bonehead
Bone,

Thanks fer the welcome and pointing the Flapping Map out to me. I’ll try getting something on the map as soon as my Wife lets me. Of course, since yours won’t even let you up to the bar, it will have to be after mine makes a fresh pitcher of sweet tea. In other words, it might take awhile.

john-in-ga

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome John! Thanks for playing along with the intro questions. I gave you 10 reputation points for your Intro post. Good Job!!! :)

Note to all: you can see your reputation and points received in your user control panel (aka usercp). You cannot give out points to anyone until you've posted 20 times (any rep points you give before that are 0 in value). Also, you have to pass out rep points to 7 different users before you can add rep points to the same user again. Everyone starts out with 10 rep points. ....I needed that refresher to, it had been awhile since I looked at that. :)

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome J-in-G! Come in often and enjoy, looking forward to your well thought out responses..........:tiphat:

john-in-ga

Site Supporter
Doc said:
..........I gave you 10 reputation points for your Intro post. ............
...... you can see your.......points received in your user control panel......... Everyone starts out with 10 rep points. ....
Wow!!! Doubled my “reputation points” with opening post. I stumbled around until I finally found the User TeePee…..um….maybe that was CP. Now I’m looking for the redemption catalog. Uh….. I guess you can redeem these “reputation points” like the green stamps of olden times? Or is it the other way around, after so many points you have to go set in the corner for some specified time according to number of points you’ve been assessed? Oh well, it doesn’t matter, I’m enjoying all the different little nooks and crannies I’m finding on this site. If I do find a redemption catalog - icing on the cake. If amassing “reputation points” is a bad thing - then I’ll gladly go set in the corner for whatever time it takes to get back in good standing with the point assessor.:D

rhino_chick233

That link was cool. I was the only one in Nevada to be on it in your link!!! That is neat to see where everyone is at. Interesting you are all mostly in the east.

There aren't a lot of women in these forums are there???

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
rhino_chick233 said:
That link was cool. I was the only one in Nevada to be on it in your link!!! That is neat to see where everyone is at. Interesting you are all mostly in the east.

There aren't a lot of women in these forums are there???

Hey Kristy,
We're just coming up on being 3 months old (Dec 21st), and many migrated over from tractor forums. We have about 5 women signed up, but just a couple of you are active. You and Working Woman. I haven't seen the others post yet.....but things have been busy around here lately and for the first time since the forum opened I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the posts. ....that's a good problem from my point of view. :)
Welcome, and hang in there with us. Sure glad to have you on our site. :D