• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Animal rights group PETA kills more than 95 percent of pets in its care

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, those loving vegetarians who advocate that fur coats and leather shoes should be illegal, those friends of animals who oppose hunting, they are killing THOUSANDS of animals in their shelters while they raise money to protect animals :ermm:

I'd suggest that at the heart of all these radical leftists groups is evil.

From THE DAILY CALLER: http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/24/documents-peta-kills-more-than-95-percent-of-pets-in-its-care/

Documents published online this month show that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an organization known for its uncompromising animal-rights positions, killed more than 95 percent of the pets in its care in 2011.

The documents, obtained from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, were published online by the Center for Consumer Freedom, a non-profit organization that runs online campaigns targeting groups that antagonize food producers.

Fifteen years’ worth of similar records show that since 1998 PETA has killed more than 27,000 animals at its headquarters in Norfolk, VA.

In a February 16 statement, the Center said PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year, finding homes for only 24 pets.

“PETA hasn’t slowed down its slaughterhouse operation,” said Rick Berman, CCF’s executive director. “It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats.”

In a statement, Berman added that PETA has a $37 million dollar annual budget.

His organization runs PETAkillsAnimals.com, which reports that in 2010 a resident of Virginia called PETA and asked if there was an animal shelter at the group’s headquarters. PETA responded that there was not.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Along with other groups like the SPCA as well as most country animal shelters.

Though I don't personally hunt, I never understood the mentality of stopping it for any reason. It keeps the animal population under control and most are eaten after taken. Just ask some one in one of the states where feral pigs are a problem as to just how much damage they can do when they breed to the point of taking over.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shelters around here have become absurd to the point where nobody gets animals there anymore.
- They make you fill out a several page application with way too much info collected.
- All animals taken must be promised to live in luxury. If you say that it'll be an outside or farm animal, you're automatically disqualified.
- You have to grant/allow them to make unannounced "site inspections" after getting the animal so they can decide whether it's being properly cared for.

I know of many people that have taken on animals in the past couple years. Each visited then subsequently walked out of the shelters and got their animals elsewhere.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Shelters around here have become absurd to the point where nobody gets animals there anymore.
- They make you fill out a several page application with way too much info collected.
- All animals taken must be promised to live in luxury. If you say that it'll be an outside or farm animal, you're automatically disqualified.
- You have to grant/allow them to make unannounced "site inspections" after getting the animal so they can decide whether it's being properly cared for.

I know of many people that have taken on animals in the past couple years. Each visited then subsequently walked out of the shelters and got their animals elsewhere.

I agree with you on that. I've only adopted one pet in my life from an animal shelter. That would be my last dog and you would of thought I was adopting a child as I went through even an inspection of my place. We got him but is also cost some money as well for shots, id chip etc. He just passed last June at 12 years old. Great little dog but the last one I will ever own and I've had dogs all my life. Now I have a couple of cats.