• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Good Morning thread

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't recall seeing a good morning thread around here ,so:
Good Saturday morning FF Folks ! 27 going to 33,clear to partly not clear ,dark , and no wind in beautiful West Sunbury ,Pa. . Coffee's on ,stove is stoked .my plan for this Saturday is to put into practice what I learn while earning my advanced slackers degree . Might take a break from that ,and grind a few chains . But ,I'll have to pace myself .
Hope you all are having a warm ,safe ,and otherwise great weekend .

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
'Mornin Nixon. Been up since 5 checking the mail and paying some bills. Having company for dinner tonight so I'm making Italian baguettes to go with the Smothered Chicken, and a loaf of regular Italian bread for our grandson's second birthday party tomorrow. The boy loves grandpa's bread. In the meantime, me and Mrs JEV will be going to the mall when it opens to put in 4 miles of power walking before she has to go do her shtik as a wedding coordinator at church.

It's 27F now climbing to 36F later, with some sun peaking thru the otherwise depressing NE Ohio sky.

Here's Evan getting ready to do a little work on his table saw. He's got his eye protection, his sister's gloves and his paci. He's 2 going on 10, and keeps us all in stitches with antics like this. I love his flannel shirt open at the cuff.

image1.jpeg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning to everyone. Temperature is a balmy -11celcius. Getting ready to hit the road for a 7 hour drive to Minneapolis for the garth Brooks concert tonight. You all have a great day and behave yourselves.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Good morning all you lovely people,Galvi sends a big hug to you all:flowers::flowers::flowers:

By the way it's afternoon here.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning Nixon,:smile: form a cold Iowa. Not really that cold...

Snow here starting today. 2-3 inches and little wind thankfully. Done with harvest, but I have a Challenger MT665 tractor that suddenly would not even make a noise when we tried to start it last night. I hope I can get it home this morning.

Lots of stuff to put away for the winter too.

BTW that MS 390 Stihl left me with 18 stiches in my knee cap this last summer...:glare: I have chaps now.

Then in August some one walked through my farm shop and stole the darn thing:hammer::hammer:I hope it gives them stiches too.

Regards, Kirk

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning all.

A brisk morning here at around 26°.

Woke up at about 5AM to electronics clicking as the power flickered then went out. Hoping it didn't stay out for long in these temps. Stayed out for a bit over an hour.

A saving grace is that the Mrs. had woken up early and was able to brew a pot of coffee before we lost power.

Going to do a bit of winterizing and winter prep today. Need to get the blade on the tractor and plow on the ATV as an accumulating snow is in the forecast in the next 48-72 hours.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW that MS 390 Stihl left me with 18 stiches in my knee cap this last summer...:glare: I have chaps now.

Then in August some one walked through my farm shop and stole the darn thing.

yep, that's what pretty much convinced me to buy and wear chaps as well .:biggrin:
I hate thieves .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
yep, that's what pretty much convinced me to buy and wear chaps as well .:biggrin:
I hate thieves .

Well at $1K for the doc, and only $100 for a good set of chaps, only and idiot would not buy them...

I was lucky the chain was coasting when it hit my knee. I was tired and should have stopped for the day. It is amazing how thick the skin on the knee cap is when it is exended btw. Doc said that another MM and it would have taken surgery. I was very lucky and yet not. It took all summer for it to heal up and quit draining. Stiches pulled through on part of it too. Sucked using a clutch for a long time, as my jeans pulled at it every time.

As for the theif, I hate them too. Not many problems over the years. I get the feeling it is some one I know, and that knew that the saw was there. It happend over the lunch hour when we were gone. Other wise we keep that building locked up. I did have the serial number off the saw, but so far it has not turned up at pawn shops ect... I started carrying a .45 auto with me every where I go. I also have some one tresspassing on me regularly. I know the truck, but not the owner, at least not yet...:hammer:

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess it is a good morning. Warming up with the bright sunshine. we are up to 28 now.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning All. Great idea for a thread Nixon, thanks!!! :tiphat:

25 degrees here. Going to get up into the low 30's today. I'm working to turn an office / computer repair area in the basement into a bedroom. Lots of 'stuff' (old computer parts, scanners, printers, workbench w/ tools etc etc etc). Lots to give to a neighbor who does garage sales and the rest to good will, and a lot of junk I'm tossing out. I have until turkey day to get er done, and it's going be close

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Morning from the Bighorn Mtns of Wyoming. We have 12+ inches of new snow since noon yesterday on top of the 15 or so from the storm at the first of this week. Outside temperature shows about -6F, cloudy and thankfully not much wind yet. After my morning tea I will get the truck started, chained up and head to the highway to park it as our road will be impossible for the rest of this winter to use except with the over snow vehicles. Should of taken the truck out to the highway yesterday but the weatherman said we would only get 3 to 6 inches of new snow. He was wrong again. Snow cat/tracked SUV/snowmobile time for the next 6 to 7 months. I will have "her" follow me out in the tracked SUV and bring me back. Going to be a fun day of finishing up winter prep at the mountain home. :whistling:
Harnish 20141115071449.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Darn, you guys make me feel bad.

I rolled out of bed at 8 o'clock to a almost pleasant 34 degrees. It's supposed to warm up to 48 late this afternoon. It's cloudy though.

I'm just finishing my second cup of coffee and morning cigar before I go feed the dogs and get ready to go to monthly recycling at the Walmart car park.

I may get my mowing done this afternoon if the forecast is right.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning Nixon and all.

It's a very sunny 29 degrees here.
Our high today will reach the mid 30s.

Possibly an inch of snow tonight.

I had breakfast with my neighbour friend Brenda.
French toast and bacon.. mmmm :biggrin:

trailboss77

Good Morning everyone!! Was 2 degrees when I got up this morning. It about 15 now. 24" plus of new snow since Monday. Going to be a long winter.

Leni

I feel for all of you back there. I hear that it's going to be a long cold winter.

I woke up this morning to an overcast sky and the temp was 62. It should clear up later and go to around 70. Lazy day here. I plan to watch football and do some knitting while I do that. I may get ambitious and go over to my veggie garden and check it out. It's time to clear the land and plant my winter crops. Normally that would have happened a month ago but with the crazy weather we've been having.....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel for all of you back there. I hear that it's going to be a long cold winter.....

Leni not all of us back here mind a long cold winter, but there has to be snow to for us snowcatters...:whistling:

I like the change of the seasons. Something to look forward to. :biggrin:

Maybe when I am older I wll feel differently, but I hope not!

Regards, Kirk

Leni

Believe it or not we do have seasons. They are just not as dramatic. The trees in my neighborhood are turning color.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Believe it or not we do have seasons. They are just not as dramatic. The trees in my neighborhood are turning color.

Must be the length of the days that tells them to go dormant... No frost to do it for them...

I guess I like dramatic! It's snowing like mad as I type this. Glad my crops are out.:clap:

Regards, Kirk

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Sunday morning Forums Folks ! 29 going to maybe 38 ,with a chance of:snow2_smi: later on . Got a couple of shop projects to mess with ,and of course some light to moderate football viewing .
Hope you all have a good one . Stay warm,safe ,happy and healthy .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
7 deg here and a NW wind at 10 mph.

Good morning Nixon. We are going pheasant hunting this AM.

May not be out for long though..:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Galvatron

Spent my morning painting the gate on the stairs i just made....gran-kids on stairs will only end in tears.

Attachments

• DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 103

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning.
29 here. Going up to mid 30's. More often than not November has been colder than January in this neck of the woods. Last year was the exception.
More work on basement project for me today. Fun fun. :bonk:

Leni

Good morning everyone. We have a Santa Ana wind blowing today. It will get up to the low 70's. Lots of football to watch.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Monday morning all ! 33 going to 35 . Got about 1-2 " of heavy wet snow . Looks like I should probably drag out the chains for the Kubota as this might be the bad winter I've heard talked about . Hope everyone stays safe ,dry ,and warm !

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Monday morning to you too Nixon...

It's only 7 deg here and we had about 4 inches of fluffly light snow here. Wind is supposed to kick up here today, and blow it around. Low of 0 in the morning.

Still have a tractor and auger cart in the field that won't start. Starter relay is the problem I think. Have to find it, and as of yet, I haven't been able to. Not going to be a nice day to work on it out in the open field.

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning all. 39 and lots of rain here. tomorrow the high will be 25 and a low of 15. Brrrr. I suspect this type of weather in November will get travel agents busy booking trips south.

Galvatron

Good morning,afternoon here,my work for the day is done i may just start some online Christmas shopping.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning all. 39 and lots of rain here. tomorrow the high will be 25 and a low of 15. Brrrr. I suspect this type of weather in November will get travel agents busy booking trips south.
34F going to 36F today with more of the white stuff on my end of the state. I booked a week in the Caribbean at the Iberostar Dominicana a few days ago. Been there before and enjoy just sitting on my ass for a week in the sunshine and warm breeze. Not to mention the hot bodies of the Dominican chicks. :brows: If you live in the Northern states you need something to look forward to, especially following the holiday. Grey skies dominate from November to April around here.

Got two jobs today, so better get moving here. Just finished my cereal and fresh fruit, and watching this...

Attachments

• backyard 111714.jpg
    backyard 111714.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 86

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning to everyone. It's a balmy -14C here this morning. Just enough snow to cover the sidewalks outside. I'm fairly certain a good fart would melt it all though. Funny observation I made this weekend....the further south we went, the more snow there was. Minneapolis had 3-4 inches of snow. I could still rake the lawn here if so desired.