• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dirty people on airplanes?!? WTF are they thinking?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank goodness for a website called PassengerShaming.com. They also have a Facebook page and are on other social media.

But now that we can expose inconsiderate rubes, lets hope we can stop them. I would just like to know what these people are thinking. I mean what goes through their minds when they clip their toe nails on an airplane? Or they get busy with their significant other in the passenger seat? Or they put their dirty feet on top of the seat in front of them? On the tray tables? Or between the seats so the passengers in front of them have to smell their foot odor?

On the tray table . . . where other passengers put food . . . you put your nasty ass feet?

imagejpg1_zps837b8a34.jpg

Leni

My father worked for TWA so I was flying at a very early age. You wore your Sunday best including white gloves at that time. It was the travel mode for the elite. Now it's just a bus ride and the manners and dress show that.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember dressing up in the 'Sunday best' for air travel.

I still tend to dress up a bit, albeit not the Sunday best, but definitely sharp looking, yet still comfortable. If I know I'm getting bumped up to first class I will dress appropriately for that cabin, often a sport coat.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
It's just a symptom, one of many. Take a look at a picture of the crowd at a baseball game from, say, 1950; compare it with a
picture of the crowd at a recent game. As Fred Reed recently noted, the culture has changed ... and not for the better. :sad:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember dressing up in the 'Sunday best' for air travel.

I still tend to dress up a bit, albeit not the Sunday best, but definitely sharp looking, yet still comfortable. If I know I'm getting bumped up to first class I will dress appropriately for that cabin, often a sport coat.

We dress that way every time we fly, and we've been "bumped" to First Class several times. It now occurs to me
that those bumps may have been directly related to our looking better than the herd infesting Coach. Something
to consider when preparing to fly. :biggrin:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We dress that way every time we fly, and we've been "bumped" to First Class several times. It now occurs to me
that those bumps may have been directly related to our looking better than the herd infesting Coach. Something

Knowing several people in the airline industry I can assure you that there is a direct correlation between dressing nicely and getting bumped up, and out of, coach and into the front cabins.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
ew. that is not how you behave in a cab, let alone, let alone, a plane. soon, the'll be dental flossing & exfoliating, waxing & trimming nose-hair. ew!

btw- i typed 'aboard' sans quote-marks, & slimey's ppl auto-corrected fer me, to make certain i was injecting his name into my post.
& auto-correct is not cool.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

We have had the same experience being dressed nicer. Also, You don't see the overweight or ugly people getting bumped to 1st class either. Just sayin'. :brows:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey let me pick my toes and file my toe nails, while I sit next to you.

That is not gross.

Is it?

10629841_725684817466817_8337060671054603171_n.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there isn't room for me to sit comfortably in coach. how the heck am I going to trim nails?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So you are sitting in your seat, minidng your own business, and the person next to you sprawls out across 2 seats to take a nap, then you notice that her dirty feet are now on your seat pressed against your leg. Uh, stewardess, do you have any LYSOL?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 128

Bruce4310TX

yeh just plain nasty, they throw all there trash on the floor because someone else has too clean it, i work for american dont ever take your shoes off and walk on the carpet absolutley gross. oh and dont drink the water unless its in a bottle.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
see why i keep purell on my person 99.7% of my time~ moments i'm sans that stuff, i'm bathing.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
yeh just plain nasty, they throw all there trash on the floor because someone else has too clean it, i work for american dont ever take your shoes off and walk on the carpet absolutley gross. oh and dont drink the water unless its in a bottle.

I would never go through an airport, where you are forced by TSA to remove your shoes, without wearing both socks & shoes. I take my shoes off to clear security but that leaves my socks as a minor barrier between my feet and those gross floors where all the barefoot passengers, from who knows how many places, have walked and deposited their germs.

And then the conduct on the airplane by these people is just gross. It is one of the reasons I do my best to get bumped up to Business or 1st cabin as often as possible.

Short flights (90 min to maybe 3 hours) are not so bad.

But lock people up in that long aluminum tube for 4 or more hours and you see all sorts of shit that you should never see in public :hammer:

see why i keep purell on my person 99.7% of my time...
I may have to carry Purell and a gun.

SShepherd

that's the good thing about being me, nobody wants to touch me. We recently took a 13hr flight, the seat was terrible-literally cardboard with a thin foam pad on it. Nobody put their nastiness on me though

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
that's the good thing about being me, nobody wants to touch me.
Is there something about you that makes you "untouchable"? Don't misunderstand, I'm not anxious to touch anyone (cept that hottie sitting in B-2), but you make it sound like we may not even want to sit next to you. :wink: