• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

U of Wisc-Madison wants "racial distribution" of grades

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In another of my rants against idiocy at college I present to you racial preferences for the distribution of grades.

Apparently brains don't matter anymore?

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5781
UW-Madison policy calls on professors to distribute grades based on race

A new policy at the University of Wisconsin - Madison states that good grades should be distributed equally among students of different races.

The policy, named the “Framework for Diversity and Inclusive Excellence,” calls for “proportional participation of historically underrepresented racial-ethnic groups at all levels of an institution, including high status special programs, high-demand majors, and in the distribution of grades.”

"Under the ‘equity’ policy, it seems that some of those who want to study this field would be told that they’ll have to choose another major because computer science already has “enough” students from their ‘difference’ group."
UW - Madison professor W. Lee Hansen wrote about his concerns with the policy in a piece published Wednesday.

“Professors, instead of just awarding the grade that each student earns, would apparently have to adjust them so that academically weaker, ‘historically underrepresented racial/ethnic’ students perform at the same level and receive the same grades as academically stronger students,” he wrote.

Lee’s piece also points out that being concerned with how many students of each race select a particular major could keep students from picking the major they want.

“Suppose there were [sic] a surge of interest in a high demand field such as computer science,” he wrote. “Under the ‘equity’ policy, it seems that some of those who want to study this field would be told that they’ll have to choose another major because computer science already has “enough” students from their ‘difference’ group.”

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, I'm really getting old! I can actually remember when the University of Wisconsin, Madison was a college where students
went to learn things. According to this, it has apparently been converted into a day care facility for the intellectually challenged.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Must feel real good to get a 50% on a test but have it counted as 100%.
Who daphuk are they kidding?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't think that I would really like a minority doctor who graduated from there to operate on me.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently due to public outrage they are reconsidering this policy.

WOW. Its just amazing they considered it in the first place!