• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stinkin' cable company

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
The cable TV company I was using kept jacking up the prices higher and higher. I couldn't afford it so dropped it. Guess what I found? They had cut my roof antenna cable to run their cable through my wall to the TV. The problem is they cut my antenna cable at least 3 or 4 ft. short of what it needs to be to hook back to my TV. I'm using one of those Info. commercial type antennas now. It works okay but certainly not as well as my roof antenna. Looks like I will have to get some co-axial cable and splice it onto the roof antenna cable somehow.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
You'll probably be better off replacing the entire cable; splicing coax is difficult and prone to signal problems. At least, that
has been my experience and that of several techie friends.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the crimping tools are cheap crimp a new end on and get a new 75 ohm splice than you can make your cable as long as you want.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The cable TV company I was using kept jacking up the prices higher and higher. I couldn't afford it so dropped it. Guess what I found? They had cut my roof antenna cable to run their cable through my wall to the TV. The problem is they cut my antenna cable at least 3 or 4 ft. short of what it needs to be to hook back to my TV. I'm using one of those Info. commercial type antennas now. It works okay but certainly not as well as my roof antenna. Looks like I will have to get some co-axial cable and splice it onto the roof antenna cable somehow.

Its all part of Obama's plan . It starts with cutting your cable , It ends with cutting your throat .....:sad:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jerks. I swear I feel like i have to watch the cable guys anytime I let them in the house. First time here when I was getting high speed internet and basic cable for local channels the jerk cut my satellite connection to my satellite receiver. Asswipes. I complained and they offered to come back out but I refused. Since I had DVR with satellite just one cut did not totally shut me down, and the satellite guy came out and fixed things back. Once i knew pretty much for sure what had happened I called and complained about that installer. No clue if it did any good but I felt better.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
You'll probably be better off replacing the entire cable; splicing coax is difficult and prone to signal problems. At least, that
has been my experience and that of several techie friends.

I can't do that; unfortunately since I have epilepsy and have seizures I can't climb a ladder and get on my roof. Even if I could the cable runs through attic somehow and no way would I ever want to crawl around up there.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure sounds like a formal complaint to that cable company is in order. Demand they fist what they broke. Bug them. Call them every day. Make it a mission. Missons can be fun if you keep the right attitude.