• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TAX RANT ... just paid mine.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its TAX time and I believe that the MAJORITY in the USA are getting totally screwed.

I just got back from the post office and mailing my Income Taxes. Found the Property Tax bill in the mail. WHAT A JOYFUL JOYFUL day :sad:

TOP 50% of taxpayers paid 97.7% of all income taxes.
BOTTOM 50% paid only 2.3% of taxes.

I believe we have achieved "income redistribution" at this point and its now UNFAIR TO MOST TAXPAYERS in the USA.

Now I am NOT suggesting that the very bottom in society need to get some sort of massive increase in taxes, but it strikes me that the bottom 20% or maybe 30% are probably OK the way things are. From the TOP 25% down to the TOP 50% that groups pays 11%. But at 50% and BELOW that group pays essentially NOTHING. So if you are at 51% you get screwed, but earn just a tiny bit less, and end up at 49% then you essentially pay nada?

And then there are the "Sub-Chapter S" corporations (SMALL buisinesses) where the business income is paid at the PERSONAL TAX RATE, effectively forcing small businesspeople into the TOP 50% or HIGHER and screwing them. WTF?

But in what way is it fair that the very middle are paying essentially very very little?

http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-individual-income-tax-data-0#table1

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Its TAX time and I believe that the MAJORITY in the USA are getting totally screwed.

I just got back from the post office and mailing my Income Taxes. Found the Property Tax bill in the mail. WHAT A JOYFUL JOYFUL day :sad:

TOP 50% of taxpayers paid 97.7% of all income taxes.
BOTTOM 50% paid only 2.3% of taxes.

I believe we have achieved "income redistribution" at this point and its now UNFAIR TO MOST TAXPAYERS in the USA.

Now I am NOT suggesting that the very bottom in society need to get some sort of massive increase in taxes, but it strikes me that the bottom 20% or maybe 30% are probably OK the way things are. From the TOP 25% down to the TOP 50% that groups pays 11%. But at 50% and BELOW that group pays essentially NOTHING. So if you are at 51% you get screwed, but earn just a tiny bit less, and end up at 49% then you essentially pay nada?

And then there are the "Sub-Chapter S" corporations (SMALL buisinesses) where the business income is paid at the PERSONAL TAX RATE, effectively forcing small businesspeople into the TOP 50% or HIGHER and screwing them. WTF?

But in what way is it fair that the very middle are paying essentially very very little?

http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-individual-income-tax-data-0#table1

Sub chapter S corporation designation is the choice of the corporation promoters\taxpayers, isn't it?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sub chapter S corporation designation is the choice of the corporation promoterstaxpayers, isn't it?

Very few small operators can effectively qualify for "C" corp status. Its effectively what small companies are forced into by default.

But yes, it is their choice. The problem is that many have no other practical choice.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Bob, Obama - your president, is black. Therefore your rant is racist.

Go sit in the corner and think about how evil you are.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, Obama - your president, is black. Therefore your rant is racist.

Go sit in the corner and think about how evil you are.

You're right :ermm:

I'm sorry :whistling:

And if Hillary was President then I'd be a sexist pig for complaining that 50% of taxpayers only contribute 2.3% of all taxes to fund the government.

Or something like that :doh:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Now I am NOT suggesting that the very bottom in society need to get some sort of massive increase in taxes...
Why not Bob? Don’t they use the exact same services that you and I do? Are they not enjoying the same freedoms that you and I are? Tell me why the bottom feeders in America should receive all the services and have all the same rights as you and I do but aren’t expected to pay the same percentage of their income as you and I are?

Actually, I don’t really think that you feel any different than I do. I believe you are tired of being forced to pay for that current and growing group that is politically ignorant to anything other than who is providing the most fee stuff. It’s both ignorant and ridiculous that people who produce less are rewarded with a lower tax rate while people who produce more are penalized for having done so. What moron came up with this idea and more importantly, why has it become so politically incorrect to change it?

Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income because (theoretically) everyone receives the same services from their government. And for the sake of this thread, I don’t care if that number is 25%, 35% or whatever, everyone should pay the same. After that, if you want to feel all good about yourself and give the less fortunate some help, then give it to them in the form of some aptly named social program. But that’s all after the fact and is subjective to the recipient passing the qualifying requirements.

The political policy of rewarding non-productive members of our society and penalizing the productive members is ludicrous, counter productive, and has no place in a country that wants to grow and better the lifestyles of its citizens.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have nothing to rant or rage about this year.
I own everything I have, so that helps I suppose.

Hell, I even got a dollar back on my city taxes :yum:

Bamby

Does anyone actually believe folks are desiring jobs that pay so little it leaves them tax exempt, hardly. I'm certain many of them are wishing they were actually suffering from your tax income problem.

It's tempting to pine for the days when just showing up and doing routine days work was enough to earn yourself middle-class paycheck, but that's no different than sighing wistfully for the days when making buggy whips and shoveling horse manure off the streets were also common jobs, those days are gone.

Any employer who pays humans to do work that can be automated or performed elsewhere for a fraction of the cost will soon go broke as their competitors eat his/her lunch. Employers that want to survive recessions and competition can only pay for the value their employees create in the marketplace. Consumers don't pay for blue sky, and so neither can employers.

The government is currently immune to such pressures, but since the state is itself dependent on taxes skimmed from profits and wages, the erosion of the old model means the their revenues are doomed to slip right along with our profits and wages.

No sector will be immune to the changing nature of work and value creation and the tentacles of government will seaking to extract all the wealth it deems as necessary to support itself in a fashion it's now accustomed too.

Kane

Way ahead of the game.

I got froggy a few weeks back and filed a bit early. I filed electronically on March 27Th. Unfortunately, I got an error message back from the IRS saying I had already filed on March 21st. WTF?

Identity theft! Yikes!

IRS will get back to me "within 180 days" to resolve. In the meantime, went thru the agony of alerting all banks and creditors for identity fraud. PITA.

Our personal info is literally EVERYWHERE on the net. EVERYWHERE. Every website we've ever visited for services or to make an online purchase. So it's no big surprise that you and I get taken now and then. Our entire life is stored in zeroes and ones on that little magnetic strip on the back of a plastic card, which is now stored in the guts of our cellular telephones. Moral of the story? Don't lose that telephone. Our entire lives are stored on a device to which we've ALL become woefully dependent.

Now, you and I are nothing more than our own personal telephone number. And that telephone number (area code first, please) knows EVERYTHING about us.

Last edited:

Leni

Sympathy Kane. That happened to me a few years ago and to my daughter also. Both SSN's are on a red flag list. That really slows down the refund.

Kane

Sympathy Kane. That happened to me a few years ago and to my daughter also. Both SSN's are on a red flag list. That really slows down the refund.
As f*cked up and under-staffed as the IRS is nowadays, the amount of fraud that the dark side perpetuates on America must be astronomical ... because apparently it is so easy. All one needs is a name, SSN and birthdate of some hapless saps. Then just enter some phony wages, along with phony deductions, and POOF! A refund is electronically transferred to a bank account of your choice. Just make it all up. The IRS computer just spits out a refund to a bank account in the islands. Verification of the data, if any, occurs later or not at all.

It's gotta be billions and billions of $$$ stolen from the treasury every year. Probably so much money that the fed doesn't even bother to tally it up, let alone report. Because not even the IRS knows which returns are legit, or which returns are phony. Just from word on the street it's probably about half and half. HUGE dollars.

On the other hand, I'm not sure it even matters. Because the USD itself is getting to be about as phony as anything; so de-valued and abused by our very own fed.