• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Friday the 13th!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Last Tuesday I saw the heart doc for my semi-annual visit. We talked about pacemaker etc. He said he saw nothing over the past year to indicate the A-fib would come back. Said I have a leaky valve in my neck and he wanted a sonogram of my heart. Friday I went to the cancer center for weekly blood draw and they gave me the $$ shot to raise my hemoblobin and red cells. Went from there and had the sonogram done, picked up scripts and came home. After lunch I decided to jump start my backhoe and move it so I could clean up the snow behind my building where it sat all winter. I pushed up a bunch of the wood the boys had cut and split back in January before we got snowed out. Took 2 buckets full over to the boiler and parked the backhoe at the end of my building. Walked down the center of the building to open the side door to get the skid steer out to clean up the snow. As I went to open the second latch my ICD shocked me good. Waited a minute and started walking to the center of building and got nailed a second time. I could not get a cell signal inside the building so I started moving 2 steps and waiting till I got to the open end door. I managed to call the house and the wife was in the basement sewing. She pulled the Suzuki up to the barn door and helped me in. Pulse ox showed 114 BPM. She backed over to the house and once it came down to 110 she helped me inside. Called the heart doc's office and they wanted a scan of it. Pulse was still in the upper 90's. After several calls back and forth I opted to sit still all weekend and go in Monday. Now they have me taking a different rhythm drug and they increased the parameters on the device. Scheduled me for a visit next week at Strong up in Rochester. I have to go there for a second opinion from their cancer doc and probably another bone marrow tap. While I am up there I need to find an internal surgeon to get my spleen removed as well. I may as well spend the night since the cancer doc is the 24th and the electrophysiologist is the 25th.:hammer::hammer:

Leni

Can't have you kicking the bucket. What would I do for laughs?

Seriously, hang in there buddy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Geesh, your 13th was sure worse than mine. Damn. Take care Muley and good luck with those docs and cute nurses up in Rochester. :beer: