• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid West Cat Clowder, July 21-23

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bummer on the kitten,Perhaps you could squeeze one on the trailer... I have no doubt It would sell.... there was a splurge of local interest on the possibility of owning one.....

The conversation was cute....
Hey there might be a tucker kitten coming.....
A what?
a kitten, a kids thing, made by tucker, only two pontoons....
Really?
Yeah. ...... You should have one......,
Yeah, I should!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Bummer on the kitten,Perhaps you could squeeze one on the trailer... I have no doubt It would sell.... there was a splurge of local interest on the possibility of owning one.....

The conversation was cute....
Hey there might be a tucker kitten coming.....
A what?
a kitten, a kids thing, made by tucker, only two pontoons....
Really?
Yeah. ...... You should have one......,
Yeah, I should!

yeah, i could, but, the rest of the litter would really miss the kitten and i would be in lots of trouble and banded from tuckerville...

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
yeah, i could, but, the rest of the litter would really miss the kitten and i would be in lots of trouble and banded from tuckerville...

Well we certainly don't want that! :ermm:

Just make sure you get here, and get to see the "collection' of snow machines. That in it self I think you will find makes the trip a worth while time killer lol..

There is a very nice example of an A/C military snow tractor there... :brows:

You might save some room on your trailer for the return to home trip. :smile:

Regards, Kirk

AwHellSnow

Hello everyone!
I have lodging information for anyone who doesn't want to camp here at he Merbach compound!

Americinn
3900N GAteway Dr
Appleton WI 54913
(920) 968-2124

Days Inn
1201 Maloney RD
Kaukauna Wi 54130
(92) 766-0088

There are rooms available at both places and they are 10 min from the compound.

I look forward to seeing some old faces and meeting the new ones too!
See you soon, AwHellSnow

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Red Squirrel was here yesterday and picked up a Thiokol Spryte to take home to Wisconsin.. Hot as heck and dry as a bone here to..

We will be arriving Thursday after noon, and hopefully help the hosts out a bit, if need be. Looking forward this gathering greatly. :clap:

Travel safe everyone, and lets enjoy the weekend!

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
speaking of party, and road trip efficiency, I stopped at one of the event sponsors and picked up a WI necessity. I heard its questionable beer ethics to import beer across state lines......:yum: little smokey and the bandit moment.... Here is a photo of the bandit. Little inside joke for my daughter...

so to recap.

Friday settle in and get track machine assessments complete.

"there is a shadow here now getting a jump start on his machine. a 300 h-h is packing,"

Saturday Coffee leading to roast pork and chicken fish and corn which leads to beer and or lemonade...
Oh and snow cat display work and discussion.....:w00t2:

"I figure we can shuttle to and from the collection. when there are 7-10 folks that have not seen it or want to see it again, I will fire up the van and shuttle a group over."

Sunday more of the same.

Tucker parts new from track inc are at *cost* so make a list. they can be delivered to the event....... the direct quote "let me know what to bring, I will sell parts cheap to help folks out".... :w00t2:

I just fired off about 100 short notice invites to the locals over the snow crowd and got a surprising response.... so maybe more beer!?

Attachments

• bandit.jpg
    bandit.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 151
  • beercat.jpg
    beercat.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 150

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well as the most orange sunset in a long time was sinking into the ground. It dawned on me that there very well may be 8 decades worth of tuckers out here this weekend.

I am literally stumped where to find a 1990's machine but the rest are either here or in route. two of the missing decades are within 6 miles and buried in summer storage... I will shame them again tomorrow and see if we can compile a group photo to share,

tucker leaking
sunset with the codec from my smart phone running in typical mac fashion
sorry about the neck

Attachments

• org leak.jpg
    org leak.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 146
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 136

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That should be enough beer. I visited Wisconsin once. Learned about these.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wapatuli

I'll be damned, i've dipped a solo cup into a kiddie pool a time or two....
You would be surprised how good it can be....

I thought that was a national thing...

The WI cup joke is/was about my daughter NEEDING that cup last weekend to take to a concert. "that is the perfect cup for this mission" well the cup was AWOL, and found hanging out with marshmallows in a smores plot......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I got the mail in today.....

Back in May a forum member and I picked up a snow trac from another forum member.... the deal was stressful and full of negotiations that finally concluded with the inclusion of maple syrup. as we were on a tight planes trains and automobiles turn and burn trip the syrup was no where in sight when the hand shaking was done......
We shared a nice lunch at a local nonfranchise food joint and departed to make a flight in MKE......

well as most hand shake nice guy deals when you are happy the final items are not so important.

Ironically in the same delivery vehicle was an excited mail man, who pulled all the way up the drive and stated with big eyes!!!!!! What are those..... I calmly took the packages stating one was a package of new Two band track guides for participants of the summer workshop......... the other box must be for the kids.... then I noticed he was entranced with the beauty of the clowder of cats over my shoulder....

Are those for sale!

Attachments

• DSC04373.jpg
    DSC04373.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 326

corby

Today was a great time, food was good and metting and talking to people was great. Must do thing to do again!!!!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well it appears you all need your neck exercise today. and it also appears that midwest snow cat people don't like spending time on computers when there is beer pork and snowcats in one spot.....:w00t2:

So for the folks that were here in spirit, Here are the four photos I managed to sneak with my phone and shitty camera. man I need to upgrade my media capabilities.

I am so very sorry in advance.

Thanks to:
NE Iowa
Awehellsnow
Friendly brenda
KT-4's much better half Rachel
Kempen excavating
an un-named national traveller specializing in east west shipping
Nelson cat
My nephew ryan
(and everyone that helped paddle the swan across the pond so elegantly)
the feet are flying under the surface, and the swan just glides along)

Thankyou

By the numbers.
18 Number of hours of sleep I had since Thursday.
2 Lbs of coffee ground in a 1864 enterprise #1 mill
45 combined number of years between distressed
snow tracs operation
145 degrees Fahrenheit of smoked swine flesh
Infinity Number of smiles on kids and adults faces

The best observation for me beyond appreciating the hard work of the folks making in happen, was a guy walking around the compound Who nobody knew. I introduced myself and boom the clowder event went up another member... He lives twenty minutes away and has a tucker, (New friend) He was dumbfounded that *other* people had snow cats AND friends:whistling:

sorry for the neck stretch, take it up with the 12 year olds in china that built me phone....

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 293
  • ernie.jpg
    ernie.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 308
  • tent.jpg
    tent.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 296
  • tucker sun.jpg
    tucker sun.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 292

RVR RNR

One of my favorites was this S&W Groomer made in Manawa,Wi

Attachments

• MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 096.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 096.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 263

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm starting to think you might have not seen the 4x4 version.... It was down stairs.

Hydraulic driven front tracks......

I will snag a photo for you if you missed it......

nikos

redsqwrl
well it appears you all need your neck exercise today. and it also appears that midwest snow cat people don't like spending time on computers when there is beer pork and snowcats in one spot.....

So for the folks that were here in spirit, Here are the four photos I managed to sneak with my phone..........

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 248
  • ernie.jpg
    ernie.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 254
  • tent.jpg
    tent.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 250

RVR RNR

I'm starting to think you might have not seen the 4x4 version.... It was down stairs.

Hydraulic driven front tracks......

I will snag a photo for you if you missed it......

I saw it- just couldn't get very good pic's. Here's what I have....

Attachments

• MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 090.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 090.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 237
  • MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 091.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 091.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 234
  • MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 093.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 093.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 239

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just got word from the weather service folks, that Appleton, Wi. had a freak winter storm, with heavy snow fall, with blowing sno, leaving sno-drift...............ers in your front yard...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the driftless region of WI is a bit west of here so, yes we do get drifters in here....

There was a snow squirrel seen running about, So we took him in fed and watered him and when he came to his senses we sent him on his way. Not even sure he noticed the orange to yellow swap.....

It was an upgrade either way...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the driftless region of WI is a bit west of here so, yes we do get drifters in here....

There was a snow squirrel seen running about, So we took him in fed and watered him and when he came to his senses we sent him on his way. Not even sure he noticed the orange to yellow swap.....

he noticed and NOW I have a problem, how to get rid of that yellow thing...

oh, yeah, an up grade for you......

RVR RNR

Attachments

• MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 010.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 010.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 175
  • MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 030.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 030.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 165
  • MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 064.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 064.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 168

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I don't know about the snow storm or the running squirrel but there was a Darth Vader looking Sno-Cat seen in the area. Rumor has it that when the factory clears out the freighter and sedan they are restoring that the next one will be a 1953 743 freighter round nose. Just saying....

Attachments

• 743 from MI.jpg
    743 from MI.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know about the snow storm or the running squirrel but there was a Darth Vader looking Sno-Cat seen in the area. Rumor has it that when the factory clears out the freighter and sedan they are restoring that the next one will be a 1953 743 freighter round nose. Just saying....

Sweet looking Snow master.... Wait what happened to the snow trac you left with?:whistling:

That does have a bit of a vader look to it.

as far as the clowder attendance i still think the Aktivs out numbered the tuckers... maybe not when measured in metric tons but...... :yum:

also

Technically the longest tow award will have to be recalled and awarded to the rightful winner.....

Well maybe not.....

Snow shadow towed out and back only stopping to change colors.. the drifter went further, but only towed one way...... Hmm this is one for the judges...

RVR RNR

And some more....

Attachments

• MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 009.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 009.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 112
  • MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 099.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 099.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 106
  • MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 006.jpg
    MIDWEST SNOWCAT SHOW 006.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 112