• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Keurig

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We finally broke down and decided to pick up a Keurig coffee machine. We got it at a good price as it was on sale and we had a points card which we've been accumulating points for a couple years. With the sale price and the use of the points we had, we spent a total of $5 for a $150 coffee maker. Damned good price. Finally moved up to all the fancy coffee that is available.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
We finally broke down and decided to pick up a Keurig coffee machine. We got it at a good price as it was on sale and we had a points card which we've been accumulating points for a couple years. With the sale price and the use of the points we had, we spent a total of $5 for a $150 coffee maker. Damned good price. Finally moved up to all the fancy coffee that is available.
Very good price NR. Now get one of these to go with it. I like some of the k-cup coffee's but at $1.00 per cup, they're way to expensive to drink exclusively. Given I drink 2 cups every morning, I'd be paying $60.00 a month for K-cup coffee. This little device lets me use regular ground coffee in the Keurig for the cost of about $3.00 a month.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. I'll have to look into that. I've been drinking more coffee at home lately since I'm not working. Before, I used to be a 1-2 cup per week drinker. Now, I have at least one a day to get me going in the morning since I cant sleep as well as I used to at night and still have to get the kids all ready in the morning for school.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't care what Melensdad says, I'm not giving up my Keurig. :hammer::hammer::hammer: I have 3 of them. I have one in the house, one in the shop and one in the RV.

My favorite cup of coffee is the very first one out of the pot and with the Keurig, every cup is fresh brewed, aromatic and beautiful. Now, I will admit that it does get expensive but at my age I have so few pleasures left ... and fresh brewed coffee is one of them!!!!! I WILL NOT GIVE IT UP!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't care what Melensdad says, I'm not giving up my Keurig. :hammer::hammer::hammer: I have 3 of them. I have one in the house, one in the shop and one in the RV.

My favorite cup of coffee is the very first one out of the pot and with the Keurig, every cup is fresh brewed, aromatic and beautiful. Now, I will admit that it does get expensive but at my age I have so few pleasures left ... and fresh brewed coffee is one of them!!!!! I WILL NOT GIVE IT UP!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

:thumb:

Thats my feeling as well. Another advantage is that I drink decaf and my wife still can drink regular. We both get a fresh cup in just a couple of minutes.

We're paying @ $.55 to $.60 a cup by watching for sales and discounts from Keurig. One thing to watch is that all boxes of k-cups aren't created equal. That bargain box might only have 18 cups in it instead of 24.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Keurig ( Old model before the one that only wants to brew their cups). I also use the refillable thingy. A while ago some dude went and cut into a few k-Cups before brewing and found instant coffee. That was a bummer.

My only dislike is the landfill issue. That is why I use the refillable thingy.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Get yourself an EZ Cup: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/EZ-Cup-Keurig-Machines-Perfect-Pod/dp/B002YPC2NM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444043513&sr=8-1&keywords=ez+cup"]Amazon.com: 1 X EZ-Cup for Keurig Coffee Machines By Perfect Pod: Disposable Coffee Filters: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

It's not nearly as messy to use with your own coffee.

If you like the K-cups, check out San Francisco Bay OneCups: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/San-Francisco-Bay-OneCup-Coffees/dp/B00FRTXDDA/ref=sr_1_4?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1444043625&sr=1-4&keywords=san+francisco+bay+k+cups"]San Francisco Bay OneCup, French Roast, 120 Single Serve Coffees: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

They're only a fraction of the price of K-cups.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have been using K-cups for years. If you have any hardness in your water, I strongly suggest you use reverse osmosis (RO) water. The hardness in most tap water will clog up your Keurig machine often. I used to have to take our machine down to the garage and blow out the system with compressed air until I switched to RO water. I also found out that compressed air can damage things internally. Softened water won't work due to high solids, and is not healthy to drink anyway.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
A while ago some dude went and cut into a few k-Cups before brewing and found instant coffee. That was a bummer.

That was me and you're right, it was a bummer ... and terrible coffee but it was cheap. :biggrin:

Thanks JPR, I've never seen those where I live. I may have to give them a try. :clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a love / hate relationship with our Keurig but there is no denying they make a great cup of coffee. Their machines are poorly made with built in obsolescence especially the auto shut off which has failed early on every one of the five machines I have owned so far including the one I am currently using.

Maybe with my luck I only get the machines made on Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

BTW, Costco has good prices for K cups as well. I like Green Mountain Breakfast Blend and they have the best price anywhere for that particular brand.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll get a filter for it eventually. I'm enjoying the different varieties of coffee available. One in particular I've come to appreciate is the French vanilla cappuccino. It's a nice treat.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Pick yourself up a pack filters at walmart and a big can of McCafe and your good for a couple of weeks.

Umberto

I'll have to find that cup. The one I got at Bed, Bath and B. is a piece of crap.
I get Dunkin Donuts coffee at the commissary for 6 bucks a box but would rather have the bagged product. The K seemed like a good idea at Christmas but not now.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Who only drinks ONE cup of coffee? Oh I guess I can say I do but then my "cup" is a big MUG that holds three regular cups.
I'm happy for many reasons that our temps. are now dropping bellow HELL degrees and one of them is being able to drink coffee again. Sorry but when it's over 100 at 7:00 AM I really lose my taste for a steaming hot cup of coffee.