• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
bartender fed me a sammich. Italian meats, dressing- delicious. my media is being media, so i cannot yet post a pic.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
half of my dinner. one, well before that was made. i luv being a taste-tester. get dinner on them, yet they thank u!~

Attachments

• gratefulpretzel.jpg
    gratefulpretzel.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 89
  • myfavemadenoms.jpg
    myfavemadenoms.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 89

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a slab of ribs in the freezer that needed to be eaten, so I took care of business.

Attachments

• Dinner 112314.jpg
    Dinner 112314.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 92

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had what they were serving at work for dinner ; spaghetti with meat sauce, a bread stick and that little plastic tulip cup of 'salad', which is actually always just shredded lettuce and cheese.
It was good.
:smile:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
got invited to jail on thanksgiving today. only because the wife is working at the pd that day.
think I'll pass.
jim

Umberto

got invited to jail on thanksgiving today. only because the wife is working at the pd that day.
think I'll pass.
jim

I'm sure the staff will eat well.

Tonight am making tuna salad using Merino's tuna with no salt, no oil.

I'm sure I'll get my fill of turkey and ham the next few days.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished a late lunch of leftover turkey chili, so probably spaghetti tonight since I'm working on kitchen doors today. Thaw some sauce, whip up a quick salad and thaw some Italian bread to call it a meal. It doesn't get much easier than that in my house, unless one of us makes "reservations." :brows:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Leftover turkey and stuffing with bean salad. Going to make some biscuits tonight so I can soak up the gravy.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
filet w/ a demi-glace/burgundy sauce, fries, veggies, salad, & my Mom's food, too. (chix parm/pasta marinara. extras via dinner we got a few ago.)

Attachments

• steak2.jpg
    steak2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 113014dinememom.jpg
    113014dinememom.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 58

Umberto

I'm thinking lobster salad and leftover steak from Saturday night. I should make hash from the steak but am carb'd out for awhile.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
DW said she'd make dinner as long as I was working on the kitchen project. She thawed some chicken soup, added some rice and made grilled cheese w/tomato sandwiches. It hit the spot, and I just finished the leftover soup for lunch.

Umberto

Tonight I made lobster salad from Saturday night's lobster tails that didn't get eaten.

IMG_3389.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Beenie Weenies with chunks of leftover Thanksgiving ham.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Smoked Slovenian sausage on whole wheat bun with mustard, horseradish & sauerkraut.

Attachments

• smoked sausage and sauerkraut 120114.jpg
    smoked sausage and sauerkraut 120114.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 39

Umberto

Those look like the same sausage I get from the Romanian meat market in Chicago.

Tonight it's bean soup made from the Amana hambone and the last of the turkey sandwiches. I got a half loaf of Poilane bread this morning at Metropolitan Market; it just was flown in from Paris this morning and excellent. I'm not the bread maker you are JEV but one day will try my hand at it.

Umberto

I hear you, there was too much steak, bacon and T leftovers - the tails went into the steamer frozen and by the time we got to them everyone was stuffed. I'm eating them 3 ways now and can't complain.

Umberto

Last night it was sirloin burgers (no cheese!) and tonight it's a kobe sirloin with a tin potato and side of acorn squash.

IMG_3452.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night it was sirloin burgers (no cheese!) and tonight it's a kobe sirloin with a tin potato and side of acorn squash.

IMG_3452.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love the sandwich thin instead of a conventional burger bun. We find that we're just as satisfied with thins as we are with bread and buns. I make them all the time.

Attachments

• Sandwich Thins 081112.jpg
    Sandwich Thins 081112.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 92

Umberto

I made a kobe sirloin for myself as well as a tin potato.The tin potato is bacon, potato, and a slice of onion wrapped with foil and baked. I learned that one from a saloon in Pierre when pheasant hunting a few years ago. The sirloin was excellent, BTW. It was grilled over the coals with mesquite for smoke.

IMG_3468_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
a sammich & a shot, or 2........ 1 in a gelatinous form. a shot of jaeger. i was given a gift of jaeger, as well. pals that think of u-- they rock. others, they rock not.

(thanks, yinz guys-- luv yinz).

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Made a crock pot chicken yesterday, so I made a pot of soup from the carcass last night. We had chicken with rice soup and chicken sandwiches for dinner tonight.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be happy when dinner choice is not determined by the holes in my jaw!:hammer: Running out of ideas for soft easy to chew meals. Johnny's soup looks like a good choice. Might go with mock crab tonight.:whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
A little beef stew with veggies for a rainy, damp afternoon. Hit the spot with a homemade, buttered whole wheat sausage roll.

Attachments

• Dinner 121614.jpg
    Dinner 121614.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 58

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Leftover beef stew, salad & buttered bun (using up different breads from the freezer.)

Also made some whole wheat breads to restock the freezer.

whole-wheat-egg-bread-thins-jpg.90062

Attachments

• Dinner 121714.jpg
    Dinner 121714.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 66