• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Survival training with Millenials- opening a can of Spaghetti O's

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Such a fete!
Observe.. :rolleyes:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_TBE1aPHzg"]Spaghetti O's: How to open a can the epic way! - YouTube[/ame]

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I could only take about a minute of watching it!! Just proves the old saying: "you can't fix stupid"!!
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
What the devil is that?
Is she trying to convince people to legalize marijuana because she can still open a can after smoking a joint?

That's my guess. Anyone else have one?

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
What the devil is that?
Is she trying to convince people to legalize marijuana because she can still open a can after smoking a joint?

That's my guess. Anyone else have one?

My guess would be this is a Home Ec class for millennials and she is the teacher. :unsure:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Well if they get hungry enough they will open it! Gezz my dog just crushes the can in his mouth and the lid pops open! Spaghettios aren't good for you anyway. Give them some kale and a $8.00 smoothie!

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A number of years ago I took some of the kids from church on a camping trip to a nearby state park I love to hike in. I had 4 kids ranging in age from 12 or so to 16. Not one of them had any idea on how to operate a manual can opener. Not one. All I kept hearing was we have an electric one at home, how does this work???? Just to throw a monkey wrench into the gears I introduced them to the venerable P-38 military opener. :yum: They were totally lost. By the end of the weekend they learned both, learned how to start a fire without matches and how to cook food over a campfire and other very basic survival techniques.

Not that I am an expert, because I am NOT, but..........geesh. :unsure:

Where in hell are their parents I kept asking myself over and over that weekend. So sad.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
tune in tomorrow,.............. she will demonstrate telling time on an analog watch

.... and Yes, I still carry a P-38 on my key ring

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I find it absolutely amazing, and I mean really amazing that no one in that gathering (class??) laughed at any point in that
oh-so-ludicrous performance! How have we managed to bring an entire generation to physical maturity without teaching
them any basic survival skills? Not how to hunt, kill, skin, and cook animals, or even rudimentary shelter skills but the most
basic things: cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, minor repair sewing - things many of us learned before we got to first grade!

And these are the progeny we are sending into the future to maintain our culture. :sad:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe start them off with a electric can opener before moving on to the more complicated hand opener.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I find it absolutely amazing, and I mean really amazing that no one in that gathering (class??) laughed at any point in that
oh-so-ludicrous performance! How have we managed to bring an entire generation to physical maturity without teaching
them any basic survival skills? Not how to hunt, kill, skin, and cook animals, or even rudimentary shelter skills but the most
basic things: cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, minor repair sewing - things many of us learned before we got to first grade!

And these are the progeny we are sending into the future to maintain our culture. :sad:

Yes, and what about First Aid? First Aid doesn't mean getting on your smart phone! I have a jack knife with a can opener....

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

This falls right in to the conversation I had with my neighbor during our quarterly meeting this past Saturday. Among other things, he is an amateur historian especially where it concerns his family moving from Georgia to Texas in the in the mid 1800s. Me? I love Pioneer and Folk Museums and reading about the lives of the early pioneers and settlers as they moved west. I find them inspiring. Back then those people were resilient, resourceful and oh so freekin' TOUGH.

How far we have fallen in 150 years. We've gone from a generation of people who tamed a wild land with basically nothing but hard work and sweat to a generation that needs safe spaces, play-doh and coloring books and need I say it, instructions on how to use a manual can opener.

I think that we are DOOMED.