• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Mother's Pride

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Happy Place or here.

I am feeling so extra proud of my son Jeff this morning.
Here is why and what he shared with me.
-------------------------------------------

My new found friend John. I came across John today thanks to the direction of my good friend Cody. You see John is homeless and was on his way from South Bend to Youngstown when he wound up in Defiance by way of Cody today.
I was asked if I could get him a bit further along in his journey so I thought it would be fitting to just get the kind fellow to Youngstown as his mother is in a hospital dying at this hour. I'm not one to attract attention to myself for kind deeds but I feel in this time when everyone on social media is so full of hate that I should promote kindness as kindness and gratitude certainly do reciprocate. I never thought that when I woke this morning that I'd be taking a seven hour round trip with a complete stranger but I'm glad I did.
John will be getting a new place to live and a job we hope as a Walmart greeter or possibly janitorial. He's open to anything and very thankful for as he said, strangers helping a stranger.

Yup, that's my boy! :smile:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
That was a very nice gesture your son did. You can be proud you raised him right!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome!!!!! Three Cheers for Jeff. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thankyou2: that is awesome for him to take the time to help the ole feller. Good job Jeff!!!!!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What a wonderful story in these times where angst and hatred seem to rule the day. Maybe there is hope for us all. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Jeff restores my faith in our country. You raised a wonderful son, Mom!! I just hope it will go viral to counteract all the hate and discontent!!
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That was a very nice gesture your son did. You can be proud you raised him right!
I tried.:wink:

For a kid who was always the most materialistic of my two, he's surprised me with this same type of thing while he was growing up.
He had a paper route while working at Taco Bell once he reached the age of working.
He was with me in the car one day close to Christmas, I believe, as we were heading to the mall to shop at Chief grocery.
All the sudden he says Mom Stop!
Well I couldn't stop as we were in traffic.

So I turned into the next place after the lights and he said now stop.
I did. He jumped out and ran toward an open field where there were no stores.
Back then that area was right where the old Friendly's restaurant used to be.
There was a woman in a station wagon with a cardboard sign that said "I don't want money, we need food".
He reached for his wallet and handed her money anyhow and she hugged him.
Reminded him of that this morning and he says "oh yeah, you remember that?"
:smile:
I don't think all the churching and scouting made him the man he is.
He was born that way.

Another thing, they've made sure Mr. John is going to have dentures.
Something he's gone without for quite sometime now.
This is a joint effort now among Jeff and his friends.