• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Throwing away Food!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Sam's Club here has a Masterbuilt Portable smoker priced as $100 that uses propane. If there was room in the budget one
of them would be coming home with me, but a smoker is way too far down on the priority list. :sad:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know how I missed I but a couple days ago in my refrigerator's freezer I found a steak that I bought last year.
Oh well the reason I bought it was it cost less than 5 bucks. Still I would have liked to have eaten that steak.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
well, i ferget thet food is there, & yeah, i hafta put old food in my garbage; that is on me-- i ought rotate items often enough that they remain in front, so i see them & use them--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bump!
So I got up this morning and found the rest of a huge meatloaf that I'd prepared for dinner last night sitting out on the counter:hammer:
Had I known that Alison was going to forget to put it in the fridge, I'd have done it myself!

She got up and said ohhhh no!
I was like yeah, no meatloaf sandwiches for lunch now huh?
She tends to waste food and leave stuff sitting out.
/rant

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Bump!
So I got up this morning and found the rest of a huge meatloaf that I'd prepared for dinner last night sitting out on the counter:hammer:
Had I known that Alison was going to forget to put it in the fridge, I'd have done it myself!

She got up and said ohhhh no!
I was like yeah, no meatloaf sandwiches for lunch now huh?
She tends to waste food and leave stuff sitting out.
/rant

That would so piss me off words cannot describe it. Getting up and finding out the meatloaf sammich I was looking forward to is a no go would not be good. :yum:

Not sure what people waste so much food, we go out to dinner with friends and some pick at their food like it is poison and leave most of it on the plate to the point where the waitress asks if everything was alright. Here I am handing back a plate so clean it looks like I licked it. :th_lmao::yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sam's Club here has a Masterbuilt Portable smoker priced as $100 that uses propane. If there was room in the budget one
of them would be coming home with me, but a smoker is way too far down on the priority list. :sad:

An update. I gave up on the Masterbuilt digital electric smoker. I didn't like it at all. It was less of a smoker and more of a slow cooking oven.

I replaced it with a Green Mountain Grill "Davy Crockett" pellet smoker /grill. Now, I do like that little thing. It's small enough to take in the motorhome when we go camping and does an excellent job of smoking small amounts of meat. The smoke isn't as "heavy" as with the wood burning "Big Bertha" but still very acceptable. It's also a fairly good grill but you definitely need a glove as it gets really hot when grilling.

As far as food is concerned, my wife is still bulk buying. She can't resist a "bargain". We finally gave up on the local grocery store. Their meat is totally inedible at times. Now, we buy directly from the small packing plant in town. It sells to most of the better restaurants in the area and it's been excellent so far. The problem is that it's too tempting for my wife to bring home a dozen T-bones at a time. They're vacuum sealed and in the freezer. They'll last the two of us a long time but they won't go to waste.

She's threatening to drop in next week and see what they have "on special". :unsure::unsure::unsure: