• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Eating in or eating out?

Which is better, cooking yourself or eating out

• Eating cooked food at home

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Eating out at bars or restaurants

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A mixture of both

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Gunsrus

I'd like to know which one you think is better. I've done both and have enjoyed both, but I'm as of yet undecided. Money plays a role for sure, there ain't no doubt about it, but I'm not sure either way.

Please share your thoughts.

Umberto

I like to do both and it depends on the mood and how tired I am that day. I eat in more but do love eating out.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like both. I'm married to a great cook. That helps. But she should not have to cook every night. For example, today we worked on the house getting ready for 30 or so guests for Thanksgiving. To wore out to cook. Chinese takeout for dinner tonight. Good stuff.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
FI'm not much of a cook. For breakfast I like to stay in because I like the way I cook my own eggs and make coffee. For other meals I like to eat out. Since I have epilepsy and thus can't drive I don't get out as much to eat as I would like to. Of course it's also a matter of money. Eating out is expensive even for a burger and fries.

Gunsrus

I used to eat out every day of the week when my mother was in hospital and during her time at the rehab center. For a time I ate frozen food alone in the flat for about a month, but I hated it. The experience of being by myself because of a medical condition was so depressing, but I felt a lot better when I got out and was around people in a public place. When my mother came back we ordered food from my cafe and one other, but we eat in now, because I can no longer afford to ask food to be brought home, but as soon as I get a regular job, I'm going to start doing it again. Without the really nice people at my cafe, I'd have probably starved myself to death. I partly owe them my life.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
These days we probably eat at home about 5 nights a week. When you live in a small town your choices are a bit limited and apart from the fast food places, most restaurants are open for breakfast and/or lunch but close before dinner and that's our main meal of the day. Neither of us really wants to drive 30 or more miles to get more variety so we eat home.

When we go off some place we eat out most of the time, even when we are in the RV. It's nice to try new places and new foods. Besides, if we find something we like a lot, my wife can usually make it at home. She's a great cook and actually likes working in the kitchen. It satisfies her artistic side.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I much prefer home cooking. I like to know what is in what I am eating, the salt content and at home the portions are bigger. Of course eating out is much more expensive and I am cheap. :yum:

A friend of mine who used to run a Bonanza tells me a lot of restaurants today simply serve pre packaged franchise prepared meals. Translation: lots of salt just like the prepared meals in the freezer section.

Of course many restaurants still prepare food the old fashioned way, but the trick for me is knowing which ones.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We must have good cooks here..

It's pretty rare to eat out and not be disappointed to some degree. Occasionally in a very good restaurant it happens...

But mostly we enjoy our own cooking here at home.

Regards, Kirk

Gunsrus

We must have good cooks here..

It's pretty rare to eat out and not be disappointed to some degree. Occasionally in a very good restaurant it happens...

But mostly we enjoy our own cooking here at home.

Regards, Kirk

What is it about home cooking that you think is better? I used to think home cooking was the best and thought almost nothing about eating out. I always liked going to Burger King and similar places, but I soon moved on without looking back. Now, I got mixed feelings. I do still like home-cooking, but I miss the stuff my place cooked.