• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

T96 Transmission Fluid?

rodre

The manual for the Imp doesn't mention anything for what type of oil to put in the front T96 transmission. I searched the internet and while I figure you need a non hypoid type oil due to bronze seals in the tranny I can't find much else. What are you other Imp owners using? Thanks.

rodre

Some additional searching makes me think it should be a GL-1 rated gear oil, but I am only finding that in a 90 weig. Thinking that might be too thick forr winter? Maybe I should just use the same oil as for the rear C4 transaxle?

rodre

I ended up going with the Napa 90 gl-1 spec. I could have probably used the same oil I got for the C4 transaxle. I also saw some synthetic gl-5 mt-1 80w90 gear oils that said they were safe with "yellow metals" but I opted to go with what was probably already in it. In hindsight it looks like you can use the Napa gl-1 90 in the C4 as well as it is a straight 90 weight mineral oil and the Imp manual states this is an ok substitution. Not sure how it would work with the wet brakes but if you are on a budget or in a pinch...