• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

So they were spying on the Trump campaign

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Turns Out the FBI had a FISA warrant out on Trump's campaign.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ca...il_job=1724914_04122017&s=al&dkt_nbr=oxm3jylu

The FBI's surveillance of PAGE is, in and of itself, curious at the very least. But as I read the article it appears tome that the FBI knows a whole lot about what a "private" American citizen is doing. They had this guy on their radar back in 2013. WHY?
According to the Post, the application cited contacts Page had with a Russian intelligence operative in New York City in 2013. In addition, the application said Page had other contacts with Russian operatives that have not been publicly disclosed, the Post reported

The Boston Bombers not so much. :ermm:

One wonders what they might have on each of us, huh? :whistling:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: So they were spying on the Trump campaige

They know each and every one of us. What we do, what we buy, where we go. Everything. To say something like this just a few years ago would have gotten you a charter membership in the Tin Foil Hat Association of America. Not anymore. Every cell call you make is recorded, everything you do on the internet is monitored. Everything.

But like you say, the Tsarnaev Brothers, well we have to actually work to dig into them so lets go chase some easy pickings like you and me. Assholes. That's what our gov't is full of, assholes.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Turns Out the FBI had a FISA warrant out on Trump's campaign.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ca...il_job=1724914_04122017&s=al&dkt_nbr=oxm3jylu

The FBI's surveillance of PAGE is, in and of itself, curious at the very least. But as I read the article it appears tome that the FBI knows a whole lot about what a "private" American citizen is doing. They had this guy on their radar back in 2013. WHY?
According to the Post, the application cited contacts Page had with a Russian intelligence operative in New York City in 2013. In addition, the application said Page had other contacts with Russian operatives that have not been publicly disclosed, the Post reported

The Boston Bombers not so much. :ermm:

One wonders what they might have on each of us, huh? :whistling:

It depends on who you ask. Depending on the source, either all or a lot of private electronic communication is stored against the day it might be needed. Need depending again on who asks for the data. Not necessarily why they need it.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter

I understand the collecting and storing is needed for national security. From what they tell us most of what is reported seems tied to Russian activity, but what you and I say on the phone or do on the web is stored and of what use will it be in the future? Could some of our activities be labeled as subversive somewhere down the road? Because we pi$$ed off someone in a high place or we pi$$ed off that person's BIL, cousin, aunt, close friend, etc. IMO this is a slippery slope wherein the system has the potential to be badly abused and I fear that is starting to occur now. What have you or I said that could, sometime in the future, make us enemies of the state?? Just for the record I don't wear a tinfoil hat.
Mike

rugerman

This is NOT a FBI bashing, there are a lot of good folks who work there, but it seems that the higher ups are the problem. All the way back to Hoover they have had their own agenda, and since it is against the agents oath to tell what is going on in investigations we may never know what the FBI knows or what they have done, unless a higher up decides to spill the beans. Since the director is a appointed post they owe some allegiance to the president which means that if they don't follow his lead they are out of a job. Comey doesn't seem to be telling the whole story or he does like obama does, half truths, omissions, etc.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

This is NOT a FBI bashing, there are a lot of good folks who work there, but it seems that the higher ups are the problem. All the way back to Hoover they have had their own agenda, and since it is against the agents oath to tell what is going on in investigations we may never know what the FBI knows or what they have done, unless a higher up decides to spill the beans. Since the director is a appointed post they owe some allegiance to the president which means that if they don't follow his lead they are out of a job. Comey doesn't seem to be telling the whole story or he does like obama does, half truths, omissions, etc.

Yup. Brennan, Clapper, Comey. Meh, sorry to say, I wouldn't trust those guys as far as I could throw them.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

I understand the collecting and storing is needed for national security. From what they tell us most of what is reported seems tied to Russian activity, but what you and I say on the phone or do on the web is stored and of what use will it be in the future? Could some of our activities be labeled as subversive somewhere down the road? Because we pi$ off someone in a high place or we pi$ off that person's BIL, cousin, aunt, close friend, etc. IMO this is a slippery slope wherein the system has the potential to be badly abused and I fear that is starting to occur now. What have you or I said that could, sometime in the future, make us enemies of the state?? Just for the record I don't wear a tinfoil hat.
Mike

I don't think the FISA warrant was for mining the collected data but for an electronic surveillance permission a Campaign official. The distinction is key.

The government collects all communications under a supposed blind trust system. The purpose being to allow a revue of specific communications that may have led to and are part of investigating a known crime. Not just a fishing trip to see if some crime is happening.

This was for surveillance. Wiretapping being the general term. Both are evil intrusions into our privacies. But, let's try not to confuse the two.