• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who got the Freighter?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A 1957 Tucker Freighter just sold off Craiglist in the Reno Area. Who got it?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
what ? not me, i did not buy the freighter, thought about it, I need to have more warehouse first, besides, all I wanted was just one Tucker

Last edited:

NorCal

I personally saw the freighter on Wednesday night....
I am sure the mystery man will be on here shortly.....:brows:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I could cry! They practally gave it away! And,... it's from the run of production that the Freighters that crossed the South Pole came from. Rats!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if you want one that bad there is one not to far from me it even has the hemi motor in it.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Word has it that it returned to it's place of birth.

Attachments

• DSCN1893.jpg
    DSCN1893.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,052

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I called on it intent on going overboard and buying it. The guy told me that he had just sold it hours ago. There is another on the Reno craigslist that has a Tucker p/u body but looks like dozer tracks underneath from the same seller for $5,000.00. The freighter was priced way too cheap IMHO.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A half ton orange Suburban towing a 3 and a half ton snow cat? Is it the Tucker people themselves or an employee? I called an hour after it was posted. The seller commented about that. Being 3000 miles and 2 time zones away I figgured I didn't have a chance. Nice Picture! Nice machine too,...

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A half ton orange Suburban towing a 3 and a half ton snow cat? Is it the Tucker people themselves or an employee? I called an hour after it was posted. The seller commented about that. Being 3000 miles and 2 time zones away I figgured I didn't have a chance. Nice Picture! Nice machine too,...

that half ton has twin turbos and a cat engine.
anyone who went to the jamboree knows this isn't the one that sold.

NorCal

That same Suburban was at my house last weekend picking up my Tucker 524, amazing tow rig!!
All I can say is that these Tuckers are going to a good home......

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I was told it was going to Alaska...that is all he would offer

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$

Count the wheel studs & notice the rear full float axle........that's no 1/2 ton there sonny !:whistling:

That subbbburrrrrrban is totally Kewl...........I want it !

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I bet it is a half ton with a 3/4 0r 1 ton running gear as that engine combo would tear up the stock 1/2 ton axles.

slowrider

HOW FAR EAST IS THE ORANGE MACHINE COMING!!!!!
Looking to buy something out west [OREGAN] to have shipped back to Pa.Maybe he would be interested.

GYPSY

Anybody know what model Tucker and Chevy is in the picture in post #23? My Kitten won't fit between the wheel wells of my 3/4 ton Ford or 1 ton Chevy pickup.

GYPSY

That doesn't change the width of the bed at the narrowest point - between the wheel wells. The Kitten brochure states a width of 47-3/4 inches but my 1959 Kitten measures 55-1/2 inches from roller nut to roller nut which is the maximum width as it came from the factory.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That doesn't change the width of the bed at the narrowest point - between the wheel wells. The Kitten brochure states a width of 47-3/4 inches but my 1959 Kitten measures 55-1/2 inches from roller nut to roller nut which is the maximum width as it came from the factory.

I think the truck is a 49-51 GMC 3/4 LWB. If I remember correctly, a 4 ft piece of plywood would fit with the tailgate up.

The wheel wells were outside the bed.

I think the truck is a 49-51 GMC 3/4 LWB. If I remember correctly, a 4 ft piece of plywood would fit with the tailgate up.

The wheel wells were outside the bed.
Are you all really going to argue over the semantics of wheel wells, fleet-sides and step sides?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you all really going to argue over the semantics of wheel wells, fleet-sides and step sides?

I was not aware I was arguing anything. Let alone semantics. The question was asked what model truck and why a small tracked vehicle would fit over the wheel wells.

I remember that model as able to carry a 4 x 8 piece of plywood in the bed as the entire bed was flat.