• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac ST4 and ST4B Engine Cooling Panels

sixtiesracing

I have been looking for good pictures of how the standard "cooling" panels fit inside the engine compartment on the Snow Trac ST4 and ST4B.

These are the panels that bolt into the engine compartment so that the cooling system functions correctly. I particularly need an image showing how the front horizontal panel fits in front of the engine. I do not see them shown clearly in the manuals I have found so far.

If anyone has images or can direct me to some I would be grateful for any help.

I have an 1969 ST4B.

Regards, Marc

Email: sixtiesracing@gmail.com

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
here you go...

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=46040

Since then, I put a piece of alumninum over the gap above the muffler in the pics. Now at idle I can stand in front of the machine and put my hand down near the bottom part of the front grill, and feel heat blowing out. If some one revs it up while I am doing this, lots of heat blows out. Not enough snow to try it out much yet this year.

The part that bolts to the skirt around the motor was the hard one to make. I used cardboard to mock it up, then cut from aluminum. Easy to do, really.

Good luck, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
SnowTracexhaust002-1.jpg

This is the exhaust pipe leaving the belly pan, a must to keep heat down....

Snowtracheatsheilds001.jpg

Snowtracheatsheilds002.jpg

The pieces I made that seem to work well. And get the heat out of the engine bay and protect the ignition if driving into a wind blown snow. I made them from the pics in the parts books, but with some modification. They should perform the same...

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did the same but without the upright. But So far this season I been just running mine like your first picture because it never got up to running temperature. The plates are always with me and are easy to slip on if it gets hot.