• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cain accuser has history of financial troubles, legal squabbles

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm glad to see the media looking into her past and reporting it rather then just attacking her. Allthough I just dont buy her story at all myself.

From my understanding she called him for help , accepted dinner, drinks a room upgrade and a ride to supposedly look at what the corporate headquarters looked like , not quite what I would call a wise women no matter who or how powerfull the man was. To me doing all of that surely would have sent some mixed signals to me , thats what some women do sadly . Who is to say she didn't make advances to him to try to get her job back or even a higher position and when (IF) he refused she told a few people something else happened to save her from embarrasment. According to this article not even her dad or fiance had heard about it before untill a few days ago.

The damage is allready done but it will be interesting to see what Cain has to say at his press conference later today. :unsure:

By Lisa Black, John Chase and Lolly Bowean, Chicago Tribune reporters
10:03 p.m. CST, November 7, 2011
The emerging portrait of Herman Cain's most recent accuser shows a suburban homemaker with a history of financial and legal troubles, but one who supporters say has the guts to do the right thing.

Sharon Bialek, 50, is the fourth woman — and the first publicly — to accuse the Republican presidential hopeful of sexual harassment. In a dramatic news conference Monday in New York, Bialek, a former employee of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, said she had sought Cain's help in finding a new job in July 1997 shortly after the organization had fired her.

Instead, Bialek said, Cain, who was then head of the restaurant association, reached under her skirt while the two were seated in a parked car and attempted to move her head toward his crotch. Cain's campaign quickly issued a denial, calling her allegations "completely false."

Bialek said she shared her allegations with her then-boyfriend and another male friend shortly after her meeting with Cain. However, the man she is now engaged to said she did not tell him about her history with the former Godfather's Pizza CEO until Friday night, when she told him she was going to New York for the news conference.

Her fiance, Mark Harwood, said he was in "a bit of shock" but admired her decision to come forward.

"It's not an anti-political thing. It's not a money thing," said Harwood, who shares a large, five-bedroom home with Bialek in north suburban Mundelein. "She's just trying to do the right thing, and that takes guts."

Born and raised in Chicago, Bialek graduated from Carl Schurz High School on the Northwest Side and briefly attended Northeastern Illinois University before enrolling at Arizona State University. She graduated from ASU in 1983 with a communications degree, a school spokesman said.

Records show she twice has filed for personal bankruptcy, first in 1991 and then again in 2001. In the latter case, she claimed $5,700 in assets and more than $36,000 in liabilities. Among the creditors seeking payment was a management firm demanding back rent of $4,500, four credit card companies and a lawyer asking for his legal fees.

After the case was discharged, she accused a former boyfriend of harassing her for repayment of a loan, court records in the bankruptcy case show. Bialek borrowed $4,500 from William Concha, though Concha now believes she had no intention of paying him back, according to his brother, Mario.

Reached Monday night in Spain, William Concha declined comment.

At least two liens have been filed against Bialek, according to records from the Cook County recorder of deeds.

The IRS filed a tax lien against her in 2009 for nearly $5,200. In August, the Illinois Department of Revenue claimed Bialek owed the state more than $4,300, including penalties and interest, relating to income taxes from 2004, according to county records.

Court records also show creditors took legal action against her during the past decade, including at least one lawsuit filed in Cook County.

Bialek's fiance, however, denied she had any current money problems. Harwood, a corporate executive in the medical equipment industry, said he supports her financially so she can stay at home with her 13-year-old son from a previous relationship.

Bialek has not had a job outside the home in about two years, according to her attorney, Gloria Allred.

After leaving the restaurant foundation in 1997, Bialek worked for five years in WGN Radio's marketing department, Allred said. A Tribune Co. spokesman declined comment on her employment with the station.

Bialek also spent 21/2 years at CBS Radio as managing director for nontraditional revenue, Allred said. She previously had co-hosted a cooking show on television for nine years and worked for Revlon as an account manager and for the Easter Seals Society in corporate development, according to her lawyer.

Allred described her client as a "registered Republican," though Bialek does not have an active voter card in Illinois, election officials said. The state does not allow voters to register by party, but records show she pulled a GOP ballot in the 2008 primary.

As well as becoming acquainted with Cain, Bialek has had at least one more famous friend over the years. Current White Sox analyst Steve Stone confirmed Monday night that he dated Bialek in the 1980s.

Bialek met her fiance online several years ago. After communicating via email for many months, they fell in love on their first date, which lasted 72 hours, Harwood said.

The couple moved in together four years ago and got engaged while vacationing in Venice, Italy, in June 2010.

"Sharon is very much one of these women with a huge heart and always trying to do the right thing," Harwood said. "Sometimes I have to pull the reins in."

Bialek told reporters she had not seen Cain for more than 14 years after the alleged incident, until she went to a tea party convention organized by WIND 560-AM in the northwest suburbs last month. While at the event, she approached Cain, who indicated he remembered her and looked uncomfortable, she said.

"I kept wondering whether he had done to other women what he had done to me and whether anyone was going to speak up about it," she said.

Monday night on CNN, Piers Morgan asked Bialek if she thinks Cain should become president.

"I don't think we can have anyone in the White House who is unable to tell the truth," Bialek replied.

Her father, Chester Bialek, said he did not know about his daughter's allegation until Monday. Reached at his home in Arizona, he said he was surprised by the revelation but supported her decision to come forward.

"I'm very proud of my daughter, that's all I can tell you," he said.

As TV trucks pulled up in front of her Mundelein home and reporters rang the doorbell, Harwood said his fiancee does not plan any legal action against Cain and does not intend to stand in the political spotlight for very long.

"We're in it together," he said. "My only concern is that it not become some type of media circus."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...in-accuser-1108-20111108,0,2247743,full.story

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Another interesting headline. :unsure:

Witness: Cain accuser hugged him during Tea Party meeting a month ago

The Cain Encounter ...
They hugged each other backstage in a full embrace like old friends.
She grabbed his arm and whispered in his left ear.
She kept talking as he bent to listen, and he kept saying “Uh, huh. Uh, huh.”
Huh?
“I don’t know if what she was giving him was a sucker punch, but he didn’t put his arm down while she was talking to him,” said the Sneed source.
◆The “he”... is GOP presidential contender Herman Cain, who has been accused of sexual harassment by several women.
◆The “she”... is Chicagoan Sharon Bialek, who held a news conference Tuesday as the only woman to PUBLICLY accuse Cain of sexual harassment.
◆The Sneed source ... is WIND radio co-host Amy Jacobson, who tells Sneed she witnessed the Cain/Bialek encounter a month ago while backstage at the AM 560 WIND sponsored TeaCon meeting in Schaumburg Sept. 30-Oct. 1 at the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.
◆Quoth Jacobson: “I had turned on TV to find out who was Cain’s accuser, and I almost fell over when I saw it was Sharon Bialek accusing Cain of groping her genitals.”
“I was waiting for Herman Cain’s ‘Accuser No. 4’ to surface — and up pops Sharon!”
“I couldn’t believe it. I was shocked.”
“I recall Sharon was hell bent on going backstage at the TeaCon convention — where she cornered him,” said Jacobson.
“I was surprised to hear she claims she did not know Cain was going to be there. Cain was expected and was late.”
Bialek told the media on Monday: “I went up to him and asked him if he remembered me. I wanted to see if he would be man enough to own up to what he had done 14 years ago.”
◆The encounter: “It looked sort of flirtatious,” said Jacobson. “I mean they were hugging. But she could have been giving him the kiss of death for all I know. I had no idea what they were talking about, but she was inches from his ear.”
◆The introduction: “It all began when I took a convention break and joined my pals at the hotel bar. Sharon was drinking Mimosas with them. She said she was a Republican, a Tea Party member, had once dated [White Sox sports announcer’ Steve Stone] and had worked at WGN radio.”
◆The rendezvous: Sharon also said she was anxious to meet Cain again and had once gone to an afterparty with him and her boyfriend years ago. But she never mentioned he had sexually harassed her.”
◆The upshot: Bialek has since applied for employment in sales at WIND radio and is scheduled for a second interview Thursday.
http://www.suntimes.com/8592168-417...him-during-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago.html

mak2

"She's just trying to do the right thing, and that takes guts."

Could be true.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
"She's just trying to do the right thing, and that takes guts."

Could be true.
After reading the second article I just posted I really have my doubts now. But sure it COULD be true , it also could be a flat out lie. :wink:

SShepherd

well, her credibility is rather crap isn't it..............

However, the man she is now engaged to said she did not tell him about her history with the former Godfather's Pizza CEO until Friday night, when she told him she was going to New York for the news conference.

She graduated from ASU in 1983 with a communications degree

she accused a former boyfriend of harassing her for repayment of a loan, court records in the bankruptcy case show. Bialek borrowed $4,500 from William Concha, though Concha now believes she had no intention of paying him back, according to his brother, Mario

so, after 14 years she does this, and has never told her current BF anything about it..
yet she saw Cain at a TEA party event, While at the event, she approached Cain, who indicated he remembered her and looked uncomfortable, she said.
Whyy would you hug someone who has supposedly don't inappropriate sexuall advances tward you?

this chick has her own self serving motives for her actions

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday, bimbo Sharon Bialek came from hiding under a rock for 12 years to national prominence when she accused Herman Cain of making advanced up her skirt in a car after dinner. Bialek's words seemed insincere and manufactured. For someone who was sexually assaulted, her reactions to the alleged advancements of Cain seem strange. Her words even stranger.

She accused Cain of trying to touch her "genitals." That's a strange word for a woman to use. She didn't claim to fight him off with her hands or purse. Rather it seems like she may have been guilty of flirting and maybe some too personal information during a meeting with Cain in which she was looking for a job. Some women try to get an advantage in job interviews by wearing tighter clothing and being flirtatious. One has to wonder, especially when you consider the way she claims she tried to stop Cain.

Upon claiming Bialek was sexually assaulted she said, "what are you doing, I have a boyfriend."
:confused:
Not exactly reaffirming words that describe a woman who was fearing sexual assault or rape. I don't believe Bialek is telling the truth or the whole story. In fact, I wonder what she plans on getting from this as the American media is more focused on this story right now than anything else. Book deal? Appearances on Anderson Cooper's new talk show?

http://bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com/
-----------
That line right there during the breaking press conference with Allred was the first red flag.
Come on people, would any woman SAY something like that when a guy was shoving his hand up her skirt?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
They are parading her around on FOX today andlikely other "news" outlets. I suppose she and her lawyer just don't get it.
The accusation, laid on top of the previous ones, is as much damage as she could do.
Hell Charles Kraudhammer and Brit Hume have already written Cain Off.

However the more she opens her mouth the less credibility she has. And the same goes for those who parade her about.

Again in politics, it is the "seriousness of the allegations," not the facts. And the facts on this gal equate her to a high end street slut. Or possibly a Stalker.

On another note, Cain was on Kimmel last night. His polls are up, his war chest is filling and he appears undeterred and unafraid of this crap.

He seems to have no fear of this so either he is naive, he is innocent, or slick as Willy Clinton.

I fear he may have to turn into a politician

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hell Charles Kraudhammer and Brit Hume have already written Cain Off.

If Mr. Krauthammer has written him off that is not a good sign. Mr. Krauthammer is one of the smartest talking heads on TV. Right up there with Chris "I have a tingle" Matthews. Just kidding (about the Matthews part). :biggrin:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I fear he may have to turn into a politician

Then he stands zero chance of getting the nomination. His allure is being outside the beltway. Once he joins the rest of the schmucks and plays their moronic games it will be over for him.

mak2

If Mr. Krauthammer has written him off that is not a good sign. Mr. Krauthammer is one of the smartest talking heads on TV. Right up there with Chris "I have a tingle" Matthews. Just kidding (about the Matthews part). :biggrin:

Hey, I said if before he did, does that make me kinda smart?:wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This from-

http://www.suntimes.com/8592168-417...him-during-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago.html

◆The Sneed source ... is WIND radio co-host Amy Jacobson, who tells Sneed she witnessed the Cain/Bialek encounter a month ago while backstage at the AM 560 WIND sponsored TeaCon meeting in Schaumburg Sept. 30-Oct. 1 at the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.

◆Quoth Jacobson: “I had turned on TV to find out who was Cain’s accuser, and I almost fell over when I saw it was Sharon Bialek accusing Cain of groping her genitals.”
“I was waiting for Herman Cain’s ‘Accuser No. 4’ to surface — and up pops Sharon!”
“I couldn’t believe it. I was shocked.”
“I recall Sharon was hell bent on going backstage at the TeaCon convention — where she cornered him,” said Jacobson.
“I was surprised to hear she claims she did not know Cain was going to be there. Cain was expected and was late.”
Bialek told the media on Monday: “I went up to him and asked him if he remembered me. I wanted to see if he would be man enough to own up to what he had done 14 years ago.”

◆The encounter: “It looked sort of flirtatious,” said Jacobson. “I mean they were hugging. But she could have been giving him the kiss of death for all I know. I had no idea what they were talking about, but she was inches from his ear.”

◆The introduction: “It all began when I took a convention break and joined my pals at the hotel bar. Sharon was drinking Mimosas with them. She said she was a Republican, a Tea Party member, had once dated [White Sox sports announcer’ Steve Stone] and had worked at WGN radio.”

◆The rendezvous: Sharon also said she was anxious to meet Cain again and had once gone to an afterparty with him and her boyfriend years ago. But she never mentioned he had sexually harassed her.”

◆The upshot: Bialek has since applied for employment in sales at WIND radio and is scheduled for a second interview Thursday.

So it goes.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, I said if before he did, does that make me kinda smart?:wink:

Just because you two said it doesn't make it true. Krauthhammer isn't always right and in this case he has guessed wrong about Cain for the last 6 months.

Last Sunday he said if anymore women come forward "with allegations" Cain was toast. Allegations? E Tu Brute' WTH does that logic mean?

In a country with 170 Million women, with some 100 million likely Liberal voters....we need only ONE to come forward with allegations? Gimme a break Carl.

Brit Hume is of the same mind along with Bill O'Reilly. I have loved seeing these guys weasal around their original predictions. It is like they have totaly forgotten the little Arab with no executive experience from Chicago who spoke eloquently and changed the nation,,,,,just four years ago.

So Mak2, I guess you are as smart as them:whistling:

The political party hacks should not choose the next President
Neither should the pundits.

franc

mak2

Gotta fork?
Just because you two said it doesn't make it true. Krauthhammer isn't always right and in this case he has guessed wrong about Cain for the last 6 months.

Last Sunday he said if anymore women come forward "with allegations" Cain was toast. Allegations? E Tu Brute' WTH does that logic mean?

In a country with 170 Million women, with some 100 million likely Liberal voters....we need only ONE to come forward with allegations? Gimme a break Carl.

Brit Hume is of the same mind along with Bill O'Reilly. I have loved seeing these guys weasal around their original predictions. It is like they have totaly forgotten the little Arab with no executive experience from Chicago who spoke eloquently and changed the nation,,,,,just four years ago.

So Mak2, I guess you are as smart as them:whistling:

The political party hacks should not choose the next President
Neither should the pundits.

franc

Kane

Last edited:

mak2

5 women, Cain train? Did you mean to do that? If you did that is 2 funnies real close together. If not, it is still funny.
This WP story is from the 4th, but even weeks later the guy still hangs tuff in the polls.

We've yet to see how this last woman affects the matter. What she is describing would be a felony in some minds, but as Herman says, once you're on the Cain Train there's no getting off.