• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'Santa does not exist': Teacher Fired

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
A primary school teacher who left a class of 25 pupils in tears after she told told them Santa Claus did not exist has been fired..

When excited youngsters became rowdy as they talked about Santa, the supply teacher blurted out: 'It's your parents who leave out presents on Christmas Day.'
The class of seven-year-olds at Blackshaw Lane Primary School, Royton, near Oldham, Greater Manchester burst into tears and told their parents when they arrived home.

article-1093535-024E7614000004B0-692_468x362.jpg

Santa sacked: A teacher has been told not to return to work after she told her primary school pupils that Santa Claus is not real
Mothers and fathers then complained about the incident and were sent a letter by the school saying the substitute teacher, who only worked at the school for one day last week, has been disciplined.
The school has now said it will not hire her again.

One father said: 'My son came home and said that his substitute teacher had told the class that Santa doesn't exist and it's your mum and dad that put out presents for them.

'Apparently, they were all talking about Christmas and being a bit rowdy. She just came straight out with it.

'My lad was in tears and so was everyone else in the class - especially as it was so close to Christmas.

'I thought it was wrong. He was distraught about it. He's only seven-years-old and it's part of the magic of Christmas to him.
'We told him that she did not believe in Father Christmas because of her religion and he's fine now.'
The father described the incident as 'shocking' and believed it was done with malicious intent.
'A lot of parents were disgusted and complained to the school.'
The teacher, who was supplied by Rochdale and Oldham Supply Agency, is still registered and will work with other schools, the agency said.

Headteacher Angela McCormick refused to comment on the incident.

What a BITCH!!!!!!! :hammer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-told-children-Santa-does-exist-fired.html

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
She tells the truth, gets fired and she is a bitch??

OK Murph. To be fair.... while I certainly respect your feelings and the way you have raised your family... I think it's safe to say you are in the minority there. No right or wrong. She was disrespectful to the kids and parents by not being able to control herself and the classroom and blurting that out. I would say that anyone that is disrespectful can be labeled a bitch. :thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey lighten up :poke: I was trying to give sush some crap :yum:

but hey as long as you brought it you are right. My wife and I never told our kids that Santa existed, but we did respect others and didn't spoil it for them. :thumb: The teacher was wrong

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey lighten up :poke: I was trying to give sush some crap :yum:

but hey as long as you brought it you are right. My wife and I never told our kids that Santa existed, but we did respect others and didn't spoil it for them. :thumb: The teacher was wrong

LOL My bad... there is a distinct lack of smilies in your post.. :poke:

In the back of my mind I knew u had to think she was wrong, regardless of your own personal beliefs. I am gonna have to be careful for a while... the economy and decisions we are having to make at work are taking a toll on me. It's 8:00 and I just want to go to bed.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
If I would have put smileys in he would have figured it out. I wanted him to think I was really serious. :oops:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
If I would have put smileys in he would have figured it out. I wanted him to think I was really serious. :oops:

My guess is that if I was not so quick on the trigger it would have worked. I bought it after all...:bonk: