• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The "Green" Green house wagon!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm in Calif for some time into the future and slowly going crazy :shock: .

The wife wanted to plant her garden in Idaho but that going to happen now.

So today I decided to build her a little permanment Green House for tomatoes ,veggi's, herbs and flowers . Kinda late to get going here in Calif so I am building it on a 4' x 8' heavy duty trailer ,so I can move it around to take full advanage of the sun . I can also tow it to Idaho when we go .
It will have a built in spinklers , drip system and grow llights with a set up to add fertilizer as needed . It will have openable vents .

Maybe even a bar in the back when I am hot and tired !!:punk:

I'll get going on this in the next couple days so if anyone has done this and has ideas ,jump in . I'll take lots of pictures .

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, I think it's a great idea to put your "wife's" veggie and "herb" garden on a trailer! :thumb: That should make it much harder for the DEA dogs to sniff it out.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
For some reason more than half the stuff on craigslist farm&garden category over here (North Bay) is either hydroponics or hps, whatever that is. You could probably buy a complete portable garden for less than it would cost you to assemble one.

I don't know who they sell that stuff to. I've never seen one of those gardens. Maybe they are the ones inside repo houses. :smile:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
lee valley tools sell these nifty little automatic greenhouse vent openers. When it hits a certain temp inside, they open the vent. when it cools down they pull it closed. you have to supply the framing and vent to attach to, but they're pretty convenient, if not totally inexpensive @ $50 each....
http://www.leevalley.com/images/item/gardening/am401s3c.jpg
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=2&cat=2,43224&p=10543

also - used sliding glass doors make good greenhouse side walls and roof.
they're already double pane tempered glass, designed to handle high winds, and can often be found pretty low cost.

Last edited:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I'm in Calif for some time into the future and slowly going crazy :shock: .

The wife wanted to plant her garden in Idaho but that going to happen now.

So today I decided to build her a little permanment Green House for tomatoes ,veggi's, herbs and flowers . Kinda late to get going here in Calif so I am building it on a 4' x 8' heavy duty trailer ,so I can move it around to take full advanage of the sun . I can also tow it to Idaho when we go .
It will have a built in spinklers , drip system and grow llights with a set up to add fertilizer as needed . It will have openable vents .

Maybe even a bar in the back when I am hot and tired !!:punk:

I'll get going on this in the next couple days so if anyone has done this and has ideas ,jump in . I'll take lots of pictures .

Well that will make the tomatoes worth about $49.12 each before gas and towing is factored into the harvest...

Don't think that towing the "Live" stuff will fair out well, may just bounce them to pieces. Maybe a good "Air Ride" system for the axles will make it a bit more "Better"...

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Please tell me this mobile greenhouse doesn't have hydraulic leveling! :pat:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
lee valley tools sell these nifty little automatic greenhouse vent openers. When it hits a certain temp inside, they open the vent.

Can just picture Al hauliing down the old interstate headed North when the temps opens the vent automatically... will look like a chute on a "Funny Car" as the glass blows out from the new Ram Air vent....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Can just picture Al hauliing down the old interstate headed North when the temps opens the vent automatically... will look like a chute on a "Funny Car" as the glass blows out from the new Ram Air vent....

Crap ! I had'nt thought of that :unsure:!!! Ok... back to the drawing board ....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So are you using this greenhouse for the wife for this winter? Or did you build her one? Have to keep the women happy!:whistling: