• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Poor garage service

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I blew a power steering hose in the Ford on Friday last week and took it in to Canadian Tire to have the hose changed. This is a job I would normally do myself but since laying on a crawler for more than a couple minutes is a little difficult for me right now I opted to bring it to a garage. Well, it took them all day to get a simple hose changed. I picked it up and brought the truck home. I only went one place yesterday and the power steering fluid had all drained out again. Not impressed.

So today, I hauled out the ramps and drove the front of the truck up so I could take a look. I wasn't impressed to find that both ends of the power steering line were loose. I will be at the garage tomorrow morning to have a few choice words with them. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Not happy about paying someone else $300 to install a simple hose and they can't even get the bolts tight.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Like the old saying goes,"if you want something done right, do it yourself."

My brother always changes his own oil on his work truck, but once after a difficult day he went to Uncle Eds and had his oil changed. when he got home he noticed something dripping from under the truck. Uncle Ed never tightened the oil plug back up and most of the oil had leaked out on the way home. Like you he was not a happy camper.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, I've had that happen too. I once stopped in at a Mr. Lube to have the oil changed as it was -40 and I really didn't feel like doing it myself in that cold temp. They check everything and when they checked the rear differential oil they never reinstalled the plug. I wasn't impressed then either.