• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Electric fuel pump install?

GYPSY

I have a stock Tucker Kitten. Today's gasoline ruins the rubber diaphragm and check valves in the mechanical fuel pump in a very short time. What are some thoughts on replacing the mechanical fuel pump with a modern electric fuel pump?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I have an electric fuel pump in everything, now. It eliminates one possible problem when they won't start. Also makes it easy to empty the fuel line of old fuel when getting them going in the fall.
Even though I cleaned all the fuel tanks at some point, I'm also just using 5 gallon containers for tanks. I keep 2 extra electric fuel pumps around that are set up with hoses and wires to draw directly from 5 gallon cans. One gas and one diesel.
Don't put a rubber hose into a tank. Use steel line. After sitting a couple months, gas with a rubber fuel line in it will turn red/orange from something in the rubber.