• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Skidozer302 HD Breaks

ski man 1290

Hi, my father in law has a used Skidozer302 Hd that he has for a project. question is that the breaks is not letting loose for it to go forward or reverse. Don't really know what year it is..also don't know if it's line or hydraulically engaged. any info about the breaking system will help. Thank you.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well you have come to the right place.:smile: We have a member here who has parts and information on these machines. I will defer to him, as your title will get his attention.

Welcome to the forum.:smile: Lots of good people with a wealth of information. Were are you located?

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it could be water frozen in the bottom of the differential if it were cold out. Mid June rules that one out.. If it has two sets of sticks the long one in front are mechanical to the rear diff, and those in the seat front are hydro engaged..

Any water in the rear diff? Rust might have resulted? Boggie our resident expert needs to chime in. I am sure he will at some point. His business is in Minn. btw. Minnesota Outdoors is the name.. Were are you?

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi, my father in law has a used Skidozer302 Hd that he has for a project. question is that the breaks is not letting loose for it to go forward or reverse. Don't really know what year it is..also don't know if it's line or hydraulically engaged. any info about the breaking system will help. Thank you.

Driveline brake? Some had a brake lock in line or a parking brake also if you are referring to drivline it could be either

ski man 1290

Just looking at all the points where its might be the cause. soo we are gonna look at this afternoon.but it looks like it wants to go forward and back soo I would think some breaking is engaged. we are gonna look at the lines. if anyone has manuals or something about the breaking system would be great. I'm located in northern Ontario.

rfx

Could also be a hydrostatic drive model (HD) in which case it would be a more common hydraulic pressure to release type. model year for the one I have is 1984